Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

16 hours ago, Titan696 said:

Also why no steam sale in so long, been looking to change from xbox to pc but i aint paying full price twice for a  game i never really own (if it has no resale value then i can't possibly own it). Any chance of moving my licence from console to pc???

" Please add the ammunition slot for the new UI" would be nice if we had 2 inventories separate on dinos, so you have say saddlebag inventory where things stay and dino inventory for things they collect. would be pretty easy to implement

Ummm how about go on the side sites like kinguin who is selling the game for $7.00? if you do your research on other game selling sites they are selling ark super cheap, and you use the key to add to steam, simple!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/29/2017 at 4:49 AM, BobRoss said:

well are you using anything else than a quetzal for transporting the raw metal atm? if not than maybe it is a flier problem :)

I was taking a flock (6) of Argents for transporting. It was kind of a pain, but just tamed my first quetzal just the other day. When we need metal, or obsidian, or crystal, it still takes about an hour or two to bring back a decent haul. Which leaves some time in my game day still for crafting or just having fun using whatever I needed the materials for. Now if it takes an entire gaming session or more to bring back the same haul and that doesn't sound fun to me. There's enough grind in the game already, imho. 

4 minutes ago, Currahee said:

I was taking a flock (6) of Argents for transporting. It was kind of a pain, but just tamed my first quetzal just the other day. When we need metal, or obsidian, or crystal, it still takes about an hour or two to bring back a decent haul. Which leaves some time in my game day still for crafting or just having fun using whatever I needed the materials for. Now if it takes an entire gaming session or more to bring back the same haul and that doesn't sound fun to me. There's enough grind in the game already, imho. 

im not gonna argue on the grind part, i agree on that.

i was only pointing out that if a problem arises, like a lack in resources for example, or transportation, or taming, or scouting, or killing, etc etc and in 90% of these cases you take out a flier, there is something wrong. and by nerfing fliers i hope more dinos will see the light of day again, like land and see mounts.

4 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i was only pointing out that if a problem arises, like a lack in resources for example, or transportation, or taming, or scouting, or killing, etc etc and in 90% of these cases you take out a flier, there is something wrong. and by nerfing fliers i hope more dinos will see the light of day again, like land and see mounts.

I understand that, and I would like to use my ground dinos further away from my base more often but it's such a pain to babysit if you have more than the one you're mounted on with you. A pathing fix might have accomplished the same thing? If the intention is to get more people on the ground then it seems they're breaking one mechanic to force players to use the already broken mechanic.  I agree with the premise just not the implementation (depending what the implementation is of course, lol)

$0.02

Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 minutes ago, ilShadow said:

Agh, i am dying for the patch to drop and the spotlight video to come out. I wanna see shiny new dino's that i wont get to use for another month because i play on xbox!

Hehehe, I'll make sure those Equus are all bug free for you by the time you do... Just to be the nice guy I am... ;)

13 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

im not gonna argue on the grind part, i agree on that.

But that is just not true... I mean, maybe you're overreliant on flying mounts, but that is you and it's your problem.. Most of the people advocating a nerf say they just use Pteras for killing alphas.. It is really all up to you... If you don't like that you use flyers for everything, why not take the Giga out? I mean I have good Pteras and if there's an alpha relatively near to my base I grab my giga and pwn it in minutes. And do you really use Pteras for meat Farming? If so you're only slowing yourself down. 

Also whats wrong with using flying mounts to scout and farm? I mean, the Ptera was made for scouting, and the Quetz was made for hauling. So whats the surprise? And what is wrong in that? Not to mention that that the whole reason ground mounts aren't used isn't really because flyers are OP (aside from Ptera) , it's because ground haulers are poop. They are slow, they get stuck on raptoring everything. I live in the South, around 85/50. Can you imagine how unfeasable it would be for me to take a ground hauler train to the volcano? Or even to RedWood if I dont need as much metal. I never tried it (I have made trains before, when I lived right beside the North mountain) but I'm sure it would take at least 1h to get there. And PvE content would still be trivial because I'd just take my imprint 270 damage Giga (which isn't even near the top of what you can get) and anything short of a decent lvl wild giga would be just 2bites worth of annoyance. So there you have it, by nerfing flyers you didn't make me face PvE, you didn't change anything but turn a 1h Job into a 4h Job that doesn't even get as much resources. And I repeat, flyers are not the problem! The real problem is lack of decent ground alternatives! 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, ilShadow said:

You da man, also make sure there are some really good vidoes on youtube of taming high level ones so i know what to expect for their stats for me could you?

Just watch how many videos will be made in the first week of people taming them with admin command "help" :)

I think I may have to start making some videos again though, so many little things don't get shown on the current ones.

2 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

But that is just not true... I mean, maybe you're overreliant on flying mounts, but that is you and it's your problem.. Most of the people advocating a nerf say they just use Pteras for killing alphas.. It is really all up to you... If you don't like that you use flyers for everything, why not take the Giga out? I mean I have good Pteras and if there's an alpha relatively near to my base I grab my giga and pwn it in minutes. And do you really use Pteras for meat Farming? If so you're only slowing yourself down. 

Also whats wrong with using flying mounts to scout and farm? I mean, the Ptera was made for scouting, and the Quetz was made for hauling. So whats the surprise? And what is wrong in that? Not to mention that that the whole reason ground mounts aren't used isn't really because flyers are OP (aside from Ptera) , it's because ground haulers are poop. They are slow, they get stuck on raptoring everything. I live in the South, around 85/50. Can you imagine how unfeasable it would be for me to take a ground hauler train to the volcano? Or even to RedWood if I dont need as much metal. I never tried it (I have made trains before, when I lived right beside the North mountain) but I'm sure it would take at least 1h to get there. And PvE content would still be trivial because I'd just take my imprint 270 damage Giga (which isn't even near the top of what you can get) and anything short of a decent lvl wild giga would be just 2bites worth of annoyance. So there you have it, by nerfing flyers you didn't make me face PvE, you didn't change anything but turn a 1h Job into a 4h Job that doesn't even get as much resources. And I repeat, flyers are not the problem! The real problem is lack of decent ground alternatives! 

There are generally decent ground alternatives. Problem is the haulers are too slow, and dont get enough out of stamina or speed increases, things like bronto's diplo's and paracers are good haulers, but slow. You can use a Rhino, and that cuts about hald the land travel problems.

Galli are fast but a pain to tame, and only good for scouting or transport of people.

There are options, its just the options suffer from drawbacks fliers just dont have. Fliers dont get stuck often because you can fly over everything, where as land dino's get stuck on seashells sometimes.

Now if they boosted speed and stamina gains that ground dino's got, they would fix a few complaints about ground dino's have. Not all ground dino's need to be slow and lumbering.

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Just watch how many videos will be made in the first week of people taming them with admin command "help" :)

I think I may have to start making some videos again though, so many little things don't get shown on the current ones.

yeah, i usally watch select peoples video's because they actually go through the effort, but even then they often just tame the first one they see. So i get to see what the stats are on a level 5....

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Ground dinos simply need to realize they are stuck and do something like going around the obstacle, or trying to break it, or something.

I do also have to admit my first Ovis was a level 10, and I found only a level 60 as a top level. From there I haven't tamed anything higher as they are simply meat producers.

48 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Thats why i build a base on the rim of the volcano and we have a community forge. Processes it and the weight goes down. Just added a replicator as well. (only bad thing is that news of an active volcano cycle as long as thats for the center were good. Next i want that portal obi to transport goods as well between servers xD

On 3/28/2017 at 1:31 AM, Embar said:

I would like to know that ehy mean with "Flyer nerf". Does that mean that they will nerf flying mounts? And if yes what kind of nerf that will be?

I'm curious too. You cant drop a broad statement like flyer Nerf then not tell anyone what it means. My only thought at this point is its massive and they don't want to hear the yelling till its too late.

9 minutes ago, kyleebrown said:

the patience is killer for all of us... I am at work and Im staring at the clock wanting to get off and bolt for home haha

Same ... 1hre to go for me to finish...and still no news ?hoping all day long that my update will be done as i coming back home i expect a 2gb update maybe bigger... Day seems longer as we can't have any little info

Check the damned dev tracker guys...They update there..Ill save you the trouble this time.

Jat posted,

"

"I've updated the notes on Reddit and I'll do STA too. It's looking like a late-night Thursday PST release (talking like 8pm beyond) to sometime early morning Friday?

I won't be around for this patch (and maybe for a few days after) as I've got surgery early-morning tomorrow, but if I get another update closer to before I go to bed (or try to lol) I'll let ya guys know."

14 minutes ago, mitzelplick said:

Check the damned dev tracker guys...They update there..Ill save you the trouble this time.

Jat posted,

"

"I've updated the notes on Reddit and I'll do STA too. It's looking like a late-night Thursday PST release (talking like 8pm beyond) to sometime early morning Friday?

I won't be around for this patch (and maybe for a few days after) as I've got surgery early-morning tomorrow, but if I get another update closer to before I go to bed (or try to lol) I'll let ya guys know."

Ty for talking about dev trackers just googled it and im on it ? i cant have news at work except with poor info forum so ...and try to know if the update was goin but now GG all?

I really think that nerf flyers aren't the solution. Flyiers are the natural evolution, is a brand new axis to move, without face 80% of the others dinos. U need to change the ground dinos, boosting then. Try farm some metal right from the West Coast, with a ground mount. Is literally a hell. First, no Metal near, just too far away. Second, the path : U'll met dozens of enemy dinos, some with high probablity of killing your dino. Dinos on follow are a bit dumb, tend to be stuck too. 

1 - Try make some faster Weight Transport dinos. The best one is the Diplo, but even now is too slow to be useful. And , preferable dont geting stuck.

2 - Makes metals/obsidians not that rare. There is tons of others good places to put then,  way acessible. 

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived