Priorities need changed

I don't understand why your updates include new animals/gear, but yet you fail to fix the lag issues. I'm sorry but that's not cool. I guarantee you, if you were to make a poll, 90+% of the people would rather the updates fix issues with the massive amount of lag experienced at all times. I'm good with everything we have, please don't update with new stuff. We don't want new stuff right now, we want smoother game play. I feel as if you do not care honestly.

sincerly,

all ark players

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I want to know is why they do not seem to even acknowledge our concerns on the matter. After this last update, it seems to have gotten worse. Smh it's almost unplayable right now. My whole tribe and server are freezing and have to disconnect, have a have someone kill us and then respawn to a bed, and it still doesn't even work at times. I keep blue screening and freezing. Wildcard, you need to address this asap, it's not just me, it's all of us. 

I have the feeling that once all the content is added, we will be hearing a lot more from them concerning bug fixes and optimization. A lot of the bugs I have been encountering have been VERY frustrating, but once they finally get all the content added they can devote all their time and energy towards fixing the game. 

If they tried to do both now, I think the whole process towards a final release would drag out far longer than the current method. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to stick around for it. Heck, I even took a five month hiatus because of it. But, I think in the end, this game is going to look amazing, and I think the customer service for tickets will be far better.

Just my opinion.

I understand what your saying, but this has been going on for well over a year on Xbox and the entire time it's been on PS4, I mean I'm just asking for improvement on it to hold us over. Like 30% decrease in server lagging would be feel better than sex at this point.

*Update* i can't comment anymore so I'll update this one, I don't need to know how it works dude, nor do I care. I understand that they wait until all content in game before optimizing performance.... but here's a little secret, I haven't payed to play other "beta's" so they have 60 bucks of my money for a game that lags so hard after this update that I cannot even play the game period. It disconnects, black screens, blue screens. Or just freezes. It is not just me, it's the majority. So the fact we've payed for this, I expect them to at a minimum acknowledged and fix this last update. To decrease the lag. I'll post whatever it is I wish to post. No other betas take consumers money, its f2p. 

10 minutes ago, Barn312009 said:

I understand what your saying, but this has been going on for well over a year on Xbox and the entire time it's been on PS4, I mean I'm just asking for improvement on it to hold us over. Like 30% decrease in server lagging would be feel better than sex at this point.

LMAO, I hear you there for sure. I remember how bad the PVE server I was on last year was. Lagging to a disconnect while on a ptera was a common occurence for me.

Since I upgraded my rig the lag spikes have been all but mitigated. I realize a large majority of peeps can't just upgrade at whim, but it's one possible fix.
Another way I fixed the lag when I was running on a poope computer was to force close everything except the game of course. But even then I still had days where I would log in and get 1 or 2 FPS which is infuriating.

Also, most GPU's have the ability to manually optimize, download the manager (for me it's called GeForce experience) and link it to your account. Though to be 100% honest, I still get nervous flying around because I'm so acclimated to the game just crashing :I. 

I kind of think if they decrease some of the spawns it may fix some of it. Really I don't need to see hundreds of fish out in the sea. Just the medium to big ones and 10% of the fish I never go after any more (or at least I haven't really used them yet and I was lv 71... But I could be missing out on something) Also do we need the hoards of bugs (lol bugs....  Never mind xP) just have 50% of them. They can up it later when the game is smoother. I'd prefer to vote "I will not get mad if spawns are increased later if it helps with lag and the completion of the game now". I kind of wish it was like Pokemon and that some were a little more rare. Some may be rare but I've seen quite a bit of everything out there (just may be hard to get a special color... Woopie...) And the commons are just really common. Also adding new Dinos... Just don't add so many, add one spawn per grid or something but as is said we don't need new but if it was explained that all of the game needs to be released first before priority is spent on bugs.... Just tell us that. Yes some will gripe and we may not like it but to a lot of us it will be a relief to know.

4 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

Speaking for me is even LESS cool. 

I don't have many problems with lag at all on my server. And when I do, it's minor and momentary. 

Just out of curiosity, PVE or PVP? I have noticed a signifigant difference in the amount of lag between the two. I used to be on a PVE server that was a complete lag party, but the three PVP servers I have been on run smooth as butter by comparison.

Enjoy this video from today and count the rubber-banding ... including the MAJOR one! PS4 PVE Official Server (NA). I am running a brand new PS4 Pro (upgraded from PS4 just for this game thinking it would help with processing ... doesnt seem to be the case), internet is 120 down / 120 up, and server is under 60 ping on initial server list.

It does seem their priorities are adding more dinos and things, and PVP servers. Love this game, just wish it ran smoother. Much smoother.

On 19/03/2017 at 3:42 AM, Barn312009 said:

Priorities need changed

I don't understand why your updates include new animals/gear....

if you were to make a poll, 90+% of the people would rather the updates fix issues with the massive amount of lag experienced at all times.

sincerly,

all ark players

If you don't understand then best you don't make posts like this.

Do another poll on how many people actually understand how game development works and it'll be the remaining 10%

I would also like it if you didn't pretend you speak for me, because you clearly don't.

On 3/20/2017 at 2:04 AM, Stix said:

Enjoy this video from today and count the rubber-banding ... including the MAJOR one! PS4 PVE Official Server (NA). I am running a brand new PS4 Pro (upgraded from PS4 just for this game thinking it would help with processing ... doesnt seem to be the case), internet is 120 down / 120 up, and server is under 60 ping on initial server list.

It does seem their priorities are adding more dinos and things, and PVP servers. Love this game, just wish it ran smoother. Much smoother.

its been like that since forever on xbox. i play pc now sometimes. but i told people ps4 would be no different. but hey people are blind. its the devs fault for poopty optimisation and inferior machines i suppose running the servers

I would personally just like some sort of acknowledgement from the dev team about the situation, and if they are going to attempt to fix, or if it is what it is, and it will always be that way. Something. I usually get twitter responses from many of them on anything and everything on the game, EXCEPT when I bring up this issue. It is like they have a company gag order rule to not respond or talk about the lag / rubber-banding deal.

Again, I LOVE this game, so the people that might respond to "if you don't like it, go play something else," that is not the situation here. I just want some communication, and then hoping a bit of a performance fix. One friend of mine bought the game on my advice, and after playing for an hour and seeing how bad the rubber-banding was, he hasn't played it since.

On Mon Mar 20 2017 at 10:21 PM, Barn312009 said:

And still no response

There is a response, you probably just don't like it.. the game is still under development, and being as ambitious as it is, with the scope of everything you can do, it's gonna take awhile and they clearly state that the game isn't even in beta yet. Content will be priority and other things such as bug fixes and smoothing out gameplay will happen after the content. There is plenty of communication you just have to put forth some effort and BE PATIENT. I've had Ark since it was available on xbox1 and it's night and day how much better everything is at this point. The game is improving, just calm your mammorys.

On 19.3.2017 at 4:42 AM, Barn312009 said:

Priorities need changed

I don't understand why your updates include new animals/gear, but yet you fail to fix the lag issues. I'm sorry but that's not cool. I guarantee you, if you were to make a poll, 90+% of the people would rather the updates fix issues with the massive amount of lag experienced at all times. I'm good with everything we have, please don't update with new stuff. We don't want new stuff right now, we want smoother game play. I feel as if you do not care honestly.

sincerly,

all ark players

Please don't pretend you speak for all of us when you clearly don't..

Archived