PvE rules?

Wodlez

45 minutes ago, skeeta said:

What? I tame all my dangerous animals on my taming raft. I kite them on, head away from land a little way, knock him out and tame him on the way home.

as long as they are conscious they can be moved on raft or platform, its once they are unconscious that they will remain in the area they fell unconscious and therefore fall off/through the raft or platform when moving

Maybe he wants to know if he can report someone for something they've recently done to him?

recently someone jailed a Quetz from my tribe on an official PVE server. it had been agro'd presumably by an argentavis and flew itself off up a mountain, I found it with stone pillars and ceilings to prevent it from being moved out, luckilly I knew that dino's on wandering will glitch out of structures if you leave the area so our tribe put a beacon on it, set it to wandering and left the area to do other things, when we got back it had freed itself, however if that hadn't worked we'd have had to lodge a support ticket, yet the admins won't do anything about "stuck" tames apparently, I would have wanted then to find out whether our quetz would have been classed as a stuck or griefed tame, and therefore the rules for what does and does not constiture as griefing would be something I would want to know, without having any malicious intent on another player on  PVE server, don't always presume the worst!

49 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

as long as they are conscious they can be moved on raft or platform, its once they are unconscious that they will remain in the area they fell unconscious and therefore fall off/through the raft or platform when moving

When was this changed? I've tamed many rex and other dinos in my taming rafts and I've been able to move them fine both conscious and unconscious.  I know things will always fall off a Quetz platform when ko'ed if it's moved, but my rafts have never behaved like that.

4 minutes ago, Kallor said:

When was this changed? I've tamed many rex and other dinos in my taming rafts and I've been able to move them fine both conscious and unconscious.  I know things will always fall off a Quetz platform when ko'ed if it's moved, but my rafts have never behaved like that.

i dont know when it was changed but i wasnt able to transport an unconscious rex not so long ago, it drowned

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

58 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i dont know when it was changed but i wasnt able to transport an unconscious rex not so long ago, it drowned

I tamed a Rex on mine 2 days ago. I went up to Carno island, kited him on, moved away from shore a little to get out of agro range of any other critters, knocked him out then tamed him on the long trip back to my home at the red obs. 

That whole trip he was unconscious and he finished taming a few minutes after I got home (I was actually quite happy as he didn't need any narcotics). 

I've always found it harder moving living dino's on rafts tbh. They sometimes glitch through the wall when they're awake.

19 minutes ago, skeeta said:

I tamed a Rex on mine 2 days ago. I went up to Carno island, kited him on, moved away from shore a little to get out of agro range of any other critters, knocked him out then tamed him on the long trip back to my home at the red obs. 

That whole trip he was unconscious and he finished taming a few minutes after I got home (I was actually quite happy as he didn't need any narcotics). 

I've always found it harder moving living dino's on rafts tbh. They sometimes glitch through the wall when they're awake.

hmm thats weird, in my own experience, its not possible, ill have to do some testing on this when i get home

1 minute ago, BobRoss said:

hmm thats weird, in my own experience, its not possible, ill have to do some testing on this when i get home

The worst I've seen happen is a bit of rubber banding where the dino stops moving for a moment and ends up behind me but they always snap back into place in a second or so.

Anyway, we seem to have hijacked someones thread. Sorry Wodlez. I'll shut up now.

12 hours ago, Gwerny said:

Out of idle curiosity, why do you want to know whats bannable concerning stealing from other players, kiting stuff to other players bases.

Surely you play on a PVE server to fight the enviroment not other players. If you want to interact in a hostile manner to other players PVP might be a better option.

I had someone kite a pack of allos to my base while i was out meat hunting for baby dire wolves and wiped all of my dinos other than the baby who was inside all because i was in a spot he wanted to buy of me... And recently I've had someone put a pillar in my base, claiming it was there first but was because they wanted to expand their base further

1 hour ago, Wodlez said:

I had someone kite a pack of allos to my base while i was out meat hunting for baby dire wolves and wiped all of my dinos other than the baby who was inside all because i was in a spot he wanted to buy of me... And recently I've had someone put a pillar in my base, claiming it was there first but was because they wanted to expand their base further

Unfortunately wildcard doesn't care about kiting. Kite something back to them

• 9 months later...

Wildcard doesnt care about enforcement of pve at all now. Put in a ticket 3 weeks ago against a kid who has spent all his effort kiting dinos and trying to box in my base and rafts. Well he succeeded, i sent in a video of the raft and nothing but responses saying they're looking into it. 

And its funny cuz the kid said he knew a developer which was his argument for why he was acting the way he was. Would like somewhere to post all of this so it could get some proper attention. Although doubt that would help considering how little wildcard seems to care about the in state health of it's community 

Archived