BP's nerfed!?

AzraelRavenwing

4 hours ago, Khatzaenyia said:

so they barely raised it at all aside from the saddles which already got nerfed a lot of them anyway and we still ended up with vaults and vaults full of useless bp with the same cap and different mats awesome.

+ all the wasted hours gg

Just wait. The patch just rolled out. And it is a pretty good guess that either the stats or the material costs ist getting tweaked. 

Don't make your self looking like a impatient person who shouldn't be playing (and testing) early access games. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/26/2017 at 8:22 PM, Jostabeere said:

If you'd read the patchnotes, you'd know exactly what they have done. They nerfed items you got by fishing only.

Item Stats on all Official Servers are now clamped to negate the old no-longer-achievable OP items generated by then-unbalanced Fishing Rod.

o hey havent. They nerfed all bps. I had a lot of high level bps I got from snow cave. There is a lot of frozen water in there but as far as I know that doesnt count as fishing. Crossbow bps were never part of the fishing bps as well and I had a 320 and a 380 damage crossbow bps nerfed to 250.

Just now, Chaudgobay said:

o hey havent. They nerfed all bps. I had a lot of high level bps I got from snow cave. There is a lot of frozen water in there but as far as I know that doesnt count as fishing. Crossbow bps were never part of the fishing bps as well and I had a 320 and a 380 damage crossbow bps nerfed to 250.

I figured that out already. Made the post when it wasn't clear that they actually nerfed everything.

On 2/27/2017 at 6:41 PM, AndrewLB said:

Yeah. its called capitalism. If you work longer hours, do better at your job, you earn more and achieve greater success than the government worker who clocks in and spends half the day on facebook while fondling himself. Everyone should be given equal opportunity for success, but NOT be guaranteed equal outcome regardless of performance. Sounds  a bit like every kid getting a trophy even though their team got their butts kicked. 

I think you are missing something absolutely critical: This is a game.

We all paid to be involved here. I think there should be a more equitable way to distribute items than how many hours a day you are able to be logged in and playing.

2 minutes ago, Akkori said:

I think you are missing something absolutely critical: This is a game.

We all paid to be involved here. I think there should be a more equitable way to distribute items than how many hours a day you are able to be logged in and playing.

That is something i see a lot these days. People taking games way to serious and talk about their achievements in games like they really matter most to them, or even more than any other achievement away from computer games. Not to say it makes me worry, it just gets me thinking. I actually miss old days when games used to be played for fun and nor for getting fame or "working for success". Back then we used to beat our friends in driving games and beat 'em ups just for the fun of it not for being the "be all end all". After the match was finished nothing changed. But nowadays there must be a very important part in society where a "hard earned achievement in a video game"actually means something.... i must have totally missed that. 

Getting older Suxx i guess. ;-)

3 minutes ago, Akkori said:

I think you are missing something absolutely critical: This is a game.

We  all paid to be involved here. I think there should be a more equitable way to distribute items than how many hours a day you are able to be logged in and playing.

I bought Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES thirty years ago with birthday money. Even at eight, I knew I had to play It a lot to be able to beat It. There are plenty of pay to win games out there now If that Is whar you are looking for. Drops are like gambling, not everyone wins at the poker table. Five people In a hand, only one of them will win the hand. Only way to win? Keep playing, and hope for luck. 

What gets me is them basically rendering all my best raptor claus and deep sea crate loot useless, some of my AC stuff costs 3 or more times more than what the best MC our journeyman ones cost to make and now they have essentially the same stats.

If they intend to fix all the drops to reflect the new cap well that's fine early access and all, but I keep getting MC loot that is better than what my best AC gear and BPs has been nerfed to, and that's not fun.

15 minutes ago, Franhi said:

What gets me is them basically rendering all my best raptor claus and deep sea crate loot useless, some of my AC stuff costs 3 or more times more than what the best MC our journeyman ones cost to make and now they have essentially the same stats.

If they intend to fix all the drops to reflect the new cap well that fine early access and all, but I keep getting MC loot that is better than what my best AC gear and BPs has been nerfed to, and that's not fun.

It is unbelievable that they would allow new loot found from drops and fishing be better than their clamp values.
Half the time you find some good Ascendant item and its now garbage because it will be clamped during next server restart.

Do they realize how un-intuitive, and just plain malicious, cruel and unusual this is?
Imagine you got some amazing bp and built a bunch of the item only to realize after the next server restart you wasted time and mats on building an expensive item with crappy stats because the items became downgraded.

They must be working on a fix for this as it is destructive to player base.

Any person solving a problem knows you solve it at the source or the problem wiill keep happening.
This band aid solution of resetting stats on every server restart is some of the worst problem solving i've ever seen.
Not sure if WC has limited understanding of loot / drops in their game or they are just overwhelmed with other work to do.

It is a shame they don't respond to any of us who are giving them eedback.

26 minutes ago, swiftwitchy said:

It is unbelievable that they would allow new loot found from drops and fishing be better than their clamp values.
Half the time you find some good Ascendant item and its now garbage because it will be clamped during next server restart.

Do they realize how un-intuitive, and just plain malicious, cruel and unusual this is?
Imagine you got some amazing bp and built a bunch of the item only to realize after the next server restart you wasted time and mats on building an expensive item with crappy stats because the items became downgraded.

They must be working on a fix for this as it is destructive to player base.

Any person solving a problem knows you solve it at the source or the problem wiill keep happening.
This band aid solution of resetting stats on every server restart is some of the worst problem solving i've ever seen.
Not sure if WC has limited understanding of loot / drops in their game or they are just overwhelmed with other work to do.

It is a shame they don't respond to any of us who are giving them eedback.

Part of me is happy with the lowered ceiling on values, keeps doeds from being unkillable, keeps weapons from being insane.

But for it to work they need to deal with it at the source, fix how good a blueprint CAN be, make it so that MC CANNOT reach the cap number that AC can etc.

And for the LOVE OF DOT fix the cost to make these things, when the guns were dealing 600%+ damage and the saddles had nearly 200 armor it made sense to keep them in check with the new values its just stupid to have these astronomical costs on them when the only real difference between them and a good MC one is the color of the text >.<

Honestly Tek Teir is the biggest BS i have ever seen. It dont fit in the damn game, it feels like someone decided Oh lets throw in some halo crap in so we can have master cheif with dinosaurs. I honestly feel it should never have been implimented. Seeing as what one guy said, they nerfed everything to make Tek Teir more appliable. Most people I know dont even like the crap.

8 hours ago, AzraelRavenwing said:

Honestly Tek Teir is the biggest BS i have ever seen. It dont fit in the damn game, it feels like someone decided Oh lets throw in some halo crap in so we can have master cheif with dinosaurs. I honestly feel it should never have been implimented. Seeing as what one guy said, they nerfed everything to make Tek Teir more appliable. Most people I know dont even like the crap.

This is preety off topic, but if you have been a kid in the 80's you know Dino Riders.... and TEK-Tier reminds me a heck of a lot on these. So in my eyes Tek Tier is only logical to happen to a game like ARK. 

On 3/1/2017 at 11:25 AM, Layton said:

I bought Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES thirty years ago with birthday money. Even at eight, I knew I had to play It a lot to be able to beat It. There are plenty of pay to win games out there now If that Is whar you are looking for. Drops are like gambling, not everyone wins at the poker table. Five people In a hand, only one of them will win the hand. Only way to win? Keep playing, and hope for luck. 

Not the greatest analogy. A better gambling analogy would be slots. Except, for one 'coin', you get unlimited spins. Since you can sit at the slot machine longer than I do, you have a better chance of getting a jackpot. But you and I both paid the same money. I just can't manage to sit on the stool as long as you. Now, if you had to pay for each spin, then yes, of course you would be more likely to get the jackpot that I was.

Look, we're getting in the weeds here, and I don't expect the cooler rewards to be too easy, or for 100% of players to have those special rewards after 5 minutes in game. I just think the odds and the rewards go dis-proportionally to people who can sit in game longer. There isn't anything to be proud of in that. No one is more special because they can put 12 hours a day into the game versus someone who can put in an hour. We should not be designing cool stuff in the game to feed peoples ego. Let's slide the scale closer to the middle, where people who put in 4 or 5 hours a week can still manage to get the cool stuff in game. It harms literally no one for a more "casual" player to get a Sword of Awesomeness +5. 

5 minutes ago, Akkori said:

Not the greatest analogy. A better gambling analogy would be slots. Except, for one 'coin', you get unlimited spins. Since you can sit at the slot machine longer than I do, you have a better chance of getting a jackpot. But you and I both paid the same money. I just can't manage to sit on the stool as long as you. Now, if you had to pay for each spin, then yes, of course you would be more likely to get the jackpot that I was.

Look, we're getting in the weeds here, and I don't expect the cooler rewards to be too easy, or for 100% of players to have those special rewards after 5 minutes in game. I just think the odds and the rewards go dis-proportionally to people who can sit in game longer. There isn't anything to be proud of in that. No one is more special because they can put 12 hours a day into the game versus someone who can put in an hour. We should not be designing cool stuff in the game to feed peoples ego. Let's slide the scale closer to the middle, where people who put in 4 or 5 hours a week can still manage to get the cool stuff in game. It harms literally no one for a more "casual" player to get a Sword of Awesomeness +5. 

Those people who "sit" in game? They are not "Sitting" there filling a slot on the server and having stuff magically appear. They are out farming materials, killing dinos and players, and hunting drops. The good stuff does not just show up in your inventory. You gotta go find it. Which takes time. And luck, to be to the drop first. Time which it appears you are not willing to put in.

On 3/3/2017 at 2:23 PM, Layton said:

Those people who "sit" in game? They are not "Sitting" there filling a slot on the server and having stuff magically appear. They are out farming materials, killing dinos and players, and hunting drops. The good stuff does not just show up in your inventory. You gotta go find it. Which takes time. And luck, to be to the drop first. Time which it appears you are not willing to put in.

It's not about will. It's about real life. And about how we all spend the same $$ to play the game. Again, I don't want the bar to drop all the way down. I just want it closer to the middle. Your ability to play (to "work", heh) in game for more hours than me is not a special accomplishment. It's a game, my friend. You are not more deserving of rewards in this *game* based on the quantity of hours you are playing. It's a game! You should be more likely to get those rewards, yes. But not to the extreme degree we see right now where someone who plays a modest 5-10 hours a week has no realistic chance of ever getting those same rewards. Again, it literally harms no one fro the rewards to be easier to get for more casual players.

Ah. Understood. So it's merely your sense of entitlement and unwillingness to put in the time to earn what you want. No worries. Unofficial with boosted rates and prize events would be perfect for you. Probably PVE too, so you don't have to worry about a random with a stone pickaxe stealing your stuff you got so cheaply.

The game is meant to be hard. Not rainbows and unicorns prancing in a field. The reason good gear is so hard to get is so you value it. So you take precautions to protect it. How is a solo player level five going to protect an ascendant sniper rifle that he cannot make ammo for? 

Also. Anyone could put in 5-10 hours a week and still get the gear. If all you did was hit underwater drops and run a single cave, two hours. You could hit both underwater drops twice and a single cave. Six to seven possible loot drops. IF you have a few other tribe members doing nothing but farming and supplying you with dinos and gear to just run the drops and caves

Let's reduce it by half. All of it. And double where needed to make everything easier for you.

Currently at 2X rates for xp, gathering, and taming. Well, let's make it 4X for you. A lot of us have spent 90 percent of our game time playing on 1X before the rates were increased. And you want them increased further.

Level 80 for underwater drops. Now it's level 40. 

Respawn time for underwater drops is 45 minutes if you get both. We'll go with 20 minutes.

We'll name an item. Ascendant quetz saddle. I have only my personal experience to go on, but I will include both platform and normal. 

In 17 months of play, I personally have gotten between 18 and 22 saddles. In 4000 combined hours of play. I'll give you the high number. And double it.

So 4000 hours to get 44 Ascendant quetz saddles.

But I was not drop hunting the entire time. Maybe a quarter of that. So, 1000 hours.

Now divide it. Roughly 2.5 hours of drop hunting per ascendant quetz saddle.

20 min respawn timer on underwater drops. 16 chances. 

Based on your wants and play style, you want to login and collect an ascendant quetz saddle every time. What about the other 15 drops? Lemme guess, ascendant sword? Or maybe ascendant longneck? Or ascendant giga saddle?

How are you going to have the time to use them if all you are doing is drop hunting? Quetzal? Even on normal rates of spawn, we see or hear  of one or two 140 plus a week. So we give you four a week. But you have to beat everyone else to it. And since you are only on 2 hours a day at most, chances even on 4X spawns of you finding one is slim to none.

Go to unofficial with boosted rates and have an admin friend to spawn you in the stuff you want. You won't be able to get what you want at two hours a day even on 10X rates. Even with an admin spawning you in all the stuff you want, you still won't be able to create a PVE friendly base just to protect your dinos on Herb Island on solo.

Well, maybe if you have a tribe that plays more than you doing all of the upkeep and actual building and feeding dinos just so you can pop on and do your drop runs and collect your goodies.

This post has gotten excessively long.  I do hope you see how unreasonable you are with what you want. 

Archived