Can a Ptera get fast enough to outrun a TAMED wyvern?

TheGamerWife

Can a Ptera get fast enoughto outrun a TAMED wyvern?

I am wondering if you can level up a Ptera's speed enough to keep up with a TAMED wyvern? I have been trying to gather wyvern eggs on our Scorched server, but this guy on a wyvern keeps flying buy and killing our tames. Every time I see him I jump on my ptera to try to pick him off, but he is so fast that he leaves me in the dust.

If I was to level up only speed on a Ptera, could I eventually get fast enough to keep up with him?

or get yourself a Tapa, 3 person carry weight and drone like flying makes it SO versatile let alone the ability to cling to almost any surface.

we used one against a PVP group, they flew around in circles trying to get a bead on us whilst we had two arches with flame arrows casually firing off a shot or two, even with them doing head on strafing we still could keep out of reach whilst remaining in the same area.

they died a miserable death, 3 wyvern V 1 Tapa, 400 flame arrows later, Tapa victory

Outrunning a Wyvern can be tricky but all you need to do is sharp U turns or zig-zags. If ur on a non-scorched server you can just fly tru the forrests with a Wyvern chasing you and there's no way you'd be tracked down. 

Our tribe is now at a point we're we breed 5th Gen Pteras, it hatches with 150 movement speed. I raised my till 250 and although it's fast it's not faster then a Wyvern. But maybe someday? I dunno

• 2 weeks later...

A ptera will never be quite as fast as a tamed wyvern, but pteras are very menouverable so if you get in a pvp situation do tight turns and you should be able to escape. also key to outrunning a wyvern are trees or rocks divekr towards the groud and go into a forest, when in the forest change direction and keep swerving dont stay going in one direction. if you do this it is almost impossible to follow and due to the pteras menouverability will be better suited in the Jungles.

Archived