Official servers

Blackman45896

• 2 weeks later...

You just have to find the right server. I've spent hours trying to find the right server. It's worth it though in the end, because you won't have to rebuild. At one point I wanted to play on the center. So I wrote down the ping of each server and asked the same questions about the culture. Worked out in the end, I'm very happy and even got a back up server :) 

On 2/12/2017 at 5:05 PM, Blackman45896 said:

Will there ever be a wipe on official servers. Im not trying to be its hard to start out on one, but its become to damn lagy on alot of the original official servers that first came out. The game has been out for 2 years with the official game release date pushed several time.

Since you're mentioning lag, I'm guessing you're talking about about PvE? In my experience, PvP lag has only gotten better over time (long haul, it goes back and forth in the short run), and since cross server transfers low and mid level tribes don't seem to hold onto big bases with lots of tames for very long. Even if you're on a server with a nice/disinterested alpha, it's so easy for someone transfer in and smash every noticeable and poorly defended base on the beaches in an hour.

In addition to wiping low population servers they may also add new. I also have a feeling they'll restrict transfers from EA servers to full launch servers in some way, at least for a short time. Otherwise launching new servers or wiping existing servers will only delay the current status quo for a week at most.

1 hour ago, Carage said:

You just have to find the right server. I've spent hours trying to find the right server. It's worth it though in the end, because you won't have to rebuild. At one point I wanted to play on the center. So I wrote down the ping of each server and asked the same questions about the culture. Worked out in the end, I'm very happy and even got a back up server :) 

This is still good advice for finding a server, but it used to be a lot better. The main issue is that with transfers everyone is so skeptical of new players as you may simply be a scout from another server. After a couple months off, I came back to my very mellow (for official PvP) server and with the first thing I said in global chat I had 3 unrelated parties threatening me that new players weren't welcome, I'd be KoS, etc. I lucked out and someone reasonably well liked remembered me, the others let it go, and I've been mostly out of global chat ever since and keeping a low profile. That's just my experience obviously, but I bring it up because I always used to do what you mention, now I'm not sure I would until I've made a "friend" to ask directly first.

Join a server and build in a reasonably visible area and play for a few hours.  If the people that eventually spot you are nice and talk to you, you're probably going to be ok.  If they kill you outright then move on.

Asking if a server is 'chill' is pretty suspicious.  Never talk in global until you've had time to earn political capital or it's absolutely necessary.

Wow interesting! I use to play pvp and liked it. The thing is, that there to many old structures on map of tribes that have left or have gotten wiped. Id really like to find a server from start where people can start fresh and compete to become an alpha. I feel there hasnt been that for awhile and wont be. Just like the game still hasnt fully released, in other means "it wont ever get done".....

On 2/23/2017 at 9:43 AM, Arkasaurio said:

Otherwise launching new servers or wiping existing servers will only delay the current status quo for a week at most.

That's false. I have no clue why people think if there was an official wipe it would take a week or a month for everything to come back. That's ridiculous. It would take them atleast six months if not more. Most of the monstrous bases are because of unlimited weight glitches and duping. Not just that but even with the exploits they have been playing the game over a year with the exploits.

how on earth will they be able to amass all of that again in a week without those exploits? Or heck even if they still had them? A wipe is what this game needs.

as far as new servers go though you are correct. With cross ark the mega tribes could easily bring in a huge pre built base with over 100 Dinos in an hour so you are correct about that.

the funny thing about that is that I would like to see wildcard bring in JUST 1 new server. Do you know how many megas or alphas would try to take it over on the first day? Now that would be some "true" pvp

2 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

That's false. I have no clue why people think if there was an official wipe it would take a week or a month for everything to come back. That's ridiculous. It would take them atleast six months if not more. Most of the monstrous bases are because of unlimited weight glitches and duping. Not just that but even with the exploits they have been playing the game over a year with the exploits.

how on earth will they be able to amass all of that again in a week without those exploits? Or heck even if they still had them? A wipe is what this game needs.

as far as new servers go though you are correct. With cross ark the mega tribes could easily bring in a huge pre built base with over 100 Dinos in an hour so you are correct about that.

the funny thing about that is that I would like to see wildcard bring in JUST 1 new server. Do you know how many megas or alphas would try to take it over on the first day? Now that would be some "true" pvp

What I meant was adding 1, 5, 20, etc. new servers or wiping existing low population servers leads to the current status quo on the fresh servers in a matter of weeks. I agree absolutely that if they were to wipe everything, it would take at least 6 months to be where things are now, but most of the dominant tribes that don't decide to quit will probably be the same dominant tribes within weeks. There would be plenty of exceptions and being "dominant" doesn't mean the same thing it does now, just being the most powerful tribe on the server.

I personally don't think we're going to see another full official server wipe. If/when we get to full launch, WC fulfills their promise on no more wipes and allows a new player base to actually build up by putting new or low pop wiped servers on a new cluster (well multiple, PvP, PvE, P+, etc.), so no transfers in from the old servers. It also keeps all of the stuff duped or even legitimately farmed/found under different rules out of the final game. I really think something like this is the way they'll go, then just let the EA servers die a natural death, wiping and converting low population servers as EA players either stop playing or move over to the full launch cluster.

For your one server idea, I kind of like it. Maybe adding 1 new server a month would give the megas something to concentrate on other than blocking spawns :)

1 hour ago, Arkasaurio said:

What I meant was adding 1, 5, 20, etc. new servers or wiping existing low population servers leads to the current status quo on the fresh servers in a matter of weeks. I agree absolutely that if they were to wipe everything, it would take at least 6 months to be where things are now, but most of the dominant tribes that don't decide to quit will probably be the same dominant tribes within weeks. There would be plenty of exceptions and being "dominant" doesn't mean the same thing it does now, just being the most powerful tribe on the server.

I personally don't think we're going to see another full official server wipe. If/when we get to full launch, WC fulfills their promise on no more wipes and allows a new player base to actually build up by putting new or low pop wiped servers on a new cluster (well multiple, PvP, PvE, P+, etc.), so no transfers in from the old servers. It also keeps all of the stuff duped or even legitimately farmed/found under different rules out of the final game. I really think something like this is the way they'll go, then just let the EA servers die a natural death, wiping and converting low population servers as EA players either stop playing or move over to the full launch cluster.

For your one server idea, I kind of like it. Maybe adding 1 new server a month would give the megas something to concentrate on other than blocking spawns :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. And actually if they did the whole add new servers but not make the cross ark that would be awesome.

the alphas could keep their servers but nobody would go to them anymore and just play on the non cross ark. Man how much would that piss off the alphas? ? Being the leaders of a pile of dirt lol. They would have to break up into multiple tribes just to has someone to pvp with ??

god I hope they do that! 

But yeah I know what you mean. Things are so out of control now. It's just sad for the majority of players now.

imagine how awesome it would be start start on a new fresh server that the alphas couldn't go to unless they started all the way at lvl 1 with no Dino's and no base pre made? And if they are willing to let go of everything and come try to take over starting from scratch then I will welcome that challenge. No more of this ok we just got here and have 200 Dino's and a ten story base ? lol

3 minutes ago, perseaus1977 said:

thay already stated that pve servers will never be wiped unless a unfixable game altering bug is found, and that pvp servers will be wiped at game retail launch...

Really? They have been saying they wouldn't wipe pvp servers but hey I hope you are correct man, and if you are then thank you for the good news ?

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. And actually if they did the whole add new servers but not make the cross ark that would be awesome.

the alphas could keep their servers but nobody would go to them anymore and just play on the non cross ark. Man how much would that piss off the alphas? ? Being the leaders of a pile of dirt lol. They would have to break up into multiple tribes just to has someone to pvp with ??

god I hope they do that! 

But yeah I know what you mean. Things are so out of control now. It's just sad for the majority of players now.

imagine how awesome it would be start start on a new fresh server that the alphas couldn't go to unless they started all the way at lvl 1 with no Dino's and no base pre made? And if they are willing to let go of everything and come try to take over starting from scratch then I will welcome that challenge. No more of this ok we just got here and have 200 Dino's and a ten story base ? lol

No need to apologize. I reread what I wrote and I actually wasn't completely clear.

I have zero proof that's the plan, but it seems reasonable, let's WC keep their promise and allows for new players to have some chance at enjoying the game as advertised.

I personally don't mind how rough it is. I still do alright at a currently solo player, but I look at the game much more as a survival game, than a build a cool big base, have lots of dinos, and engage in open warfare kind of game. That's just me though, I also understand why folks would like a more fair shot at getting some of those things that don't already have them.

5 minutes ago, perseaus1977 said:

and that pvp servers will be wiped at game retail launch...

Do you have a link/source for this? No worries if not, I'm not willing to dig up my source that PvP won't be wiped at launch aside from low pop either at the moment, but I'm legitimately interested if you do.

23 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

No need to apologize. I reread what I wrote and I actually wasn't completely clear.

I have zero proof that's the plan, but it seems reasonable, let's WC keep their promise and allows for new players to have some chance at enjoying the game as advertised.

I personally don't mind how rough it is. I still do alright at a currently solo player, but I look at the game much more as a survival game, than a build a cool big base, have lots of dinos, and engage in open warfare kind of game. That's just me though, I also understand why folks would like a more fair shot at getting some of those things that don't already have them.

That's not just you at all dude.

my buddy and I have been part of big tribes before but we are usually a two man tribe. Unfortunately we are true grinders and builders so our base usually looks like a 15 man tribe built it lol

we have been wiped multiple times but we have so much fun we just keep on building. You should see some of the bases we built. Really wish I would have done screen shots but I am not really the picture taking type lol

Wow, if only WC would read these posts. Iv done dedicated servers and official servers. So far each has had there straights and weaknesses. I definitely prefer an official server because of it always up. The points that everyone has made have been quite insightful.

I really do wish to find the information about server wipe and official game release.

Just saying now, if they cant deliver soon connan is looking good...lol

Archived