Sandstorm the awful feature of SE

GEonWAR

Just now, clumsynynja said:

Hmmm- how about no? How about anyone with a lick of common sense can figure out OP is doing something wrong here. 

And anyone, anyone, who can't find something to do for ten minutes indoors? That's a personal problem. That's an attitude problem. 

And clearly, some people ignore them and play through them. If you're not a good enough player to do that, well. Too bad, I suppose. 

Lol. Troll. You are a waste of time, bye

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

Hmmm- how about no? How about anyone with a lick of common sense can figure out OP is doing something wrong here. 

And anyone, anyone, who can't find something to do for ten minutes indoors? That's a personal problem. That's an attitude problem. 

And clearly, some people ignore them and play through them. If you're not a good enough player to do that, well. Too bad, I suppose. 

OMG, you are such an idiot, most people already achieve everything in SE, almost reaching to highest lvl and that time what you expect? Sit in base, During this journey everyone stored tonnes of things. If i found a lvl 150 Rock elem then tame instant dont wait for Sandstorm come and I make kibble & Narco during Standstorm. My fridge is full of kibbles, boxes are full of narcos, many a boxes are full of armor and weapons then what else unfinished? 

I dont mind it, I think it adds another realistic variable to this survival game. Its a real thing that happens and causes a lot of issues in desert environments. I like the sense of immersion that it brings to the game. That "Oh **** we better get back/find shelter before this hits", then huddling into a small tent waiting it out wondering if anything is gonna walk up on you, or just taking that big sigh or relief while you watch the chaos ensue from the comfort of your kingdom. 

In regards to the "I dont want to sit on a game and do nothing." (Oh the irony) It doesnt really stop you from doing things it just slows your progress, I will gather local resources, feed the dinos, establish my game plan once it lets up, you can still travel just bring a tent and make stops. Same thing if you are taming just drop a tent and you're good. If you have a project building throw some beds down and transfer around so you dont need to go outside to move around the map. 

Also we plan around storms knowing that since once just ended that should give plenty of time to do other things.

It also gives the server time to talk to each other haha chat always sparks up during storms. Take the time to get to know your neighbors.

If you are on another server sometimes I just leave and jump to my island server for a little bit.

I usually just put the controller down for a bit if I'm stuck inside during a sandstorm. If I'm running around on a bear and get caught far from my base, sitting there for a few minutes isn't too bad either. Regardless, I don't mind it much. It makes the environment feel more alive and dangerous.

I wouldn't mind a shorter duration though. 

1 hour ago, Tantrik said:

OMG, you are such an idiot, most people already achieve everything in SE, almost reaching to highest lvl and that time what you expect? Sit in base, During this journey everyone stored tonnes of things. If i found a lvl 150 Rock elem then tame instant dont wait for Sandstorm come and I make kibble & Narco during Standstorm. My fridge is full of kibbles, boxes are full of narcos, many a boxes are full of armor and weapons then what else unfinished? 

Ohhh, name-calling, I wondered when you'd drop to that level. xD

If you have literally nothing you can do for five minutes inside, that's your own problem, and your own fault. 

Just now, Tycoon01 said:

It stops the poison wyverns from killing you. They are the only threat during a sandstorm because their poison gets harder to dodge.

You can go anywhere you want on a mount during a storm. When they run out of stamina just dismount for a bit while they regen. Just get along with not sprinting.

What abt player stamina?

3 hours ago, At0mic109 said:

Are you saying you haven't played it at all? Yet you are commenting on the issue? Please stop typing and go do something more productive than sit there and argue for the sake of argueing. I guarantee you are a minority in this...most do not like this feature. Sandstorms are poorly implemented..  there are tons of other ways they could have made them that wouldn't force you to stop playing..even if it was just to take away the distance you could see...or blow you around...or literally anything else but force me to go indoors and wait it out. Before I quit SE there were tons of times during a Sandstorm where all of our tribe members would just go into the Adobe room and stand around looking at eachother or punching eachother until it was over.  

I was originally of the mindset that you just need to find something to do in base. I have only played SE for a short while and so far I haven't been annoyed by the sandstorms too much. Maybe it would be best if they made them less frequent? In RL a sandstorm would force you to go indoors, you can't see or hardly breathe. But they probably aren't an hourly occurace in RL. SE is supposed to be harder, but maybe they could work on a way to keep it difficult but not so annoying.

I'm also playing on SE and don't find sandstorms a problem. They are not happening so often. Only storm I hate is heat wave, but I don't want it removed because of that. And I agree with Coggage, take a brake do some stretching, make a cup of beverage, it's good for you. Even if you are in wilderness there are means to wait it over. Also you can chat with other people during storms.

11 hours ago, Trippthisway said:

Get the desert gear and it isn't a problem any more. The map is meant to be a challenge, take away the challenges and you might as well be playing hello kitty adventure island.
No offence but please don't complain about something like this, it is a brilliant feature and if they remove because people don't learn to play then it will suck.

omfg, you think sandstorm adds difficulty? while i think it should stay and stay as it is with little extras this is not a l2p issue. (how minions always come to think they are the only ones can play the game and everybody else are idiots?) some ppl like things differently. if you would read his post instead of just spewing bs, you would realise his only concern about storm is that watching paint dry is not interesting. and its totally understandable. the problem though, imo is not the storm but that there isnt much to do once you have your base done...

Have at least 12 cooked meat and preserving salt, and a mostly filled canteen while wearing desert clothes. This should get you through a sand storm, excluding the fact that predators may run up and murder you. I recommend having at least 3 Jerboas tamed and ALWAYS have one on you. It should alert you with plenty of time to get back to base or at least a safe place to chill while the storm rolls on. I think the storms are a great feature for increasing the difficulty of the map, and as to what I've seen on this thread, this map, in my opinion, is the hardcore version of the game. If the sandstorms piss you off that much, then don't play the map. That is what this map is for, pissing you off and challenging the players. In other terms, "if you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen."

Why would you stay inside during a sandstorm, your lvl 90+ so should have decent gear for the desert. Sandstorms don't effect me one bit unless i'm in the scar, they just speed up my need for water. 

All any storm in SE does is make me take stock of my surroundings and ensure i know where i am before continuing, Jerboas are also a waste of time and irritating, we tranq any that start bitching when in base.

Put some points in fortitude and get some mc ghille, I live near the world edge, if i can ignore sandstorms and carry on out there, surrounded by mantis etc. without a nearby water source. its not that hard when you are out and about anywhere.

There are ways to regenerate stamina. There are recipes. This is a survival game. If you are confronted with a problem, think of a solution. If you can't do that, go play an fps or street fighter or a moba. Do not complain about things being to difficult in a survival game. There's so much OP poop in this game, it's laughable how easily one can overcome stamina problems. You say you have nothing to do, but maybe you're just a lazy thinker. If you couldn't think of a solution, then you could start learning. If you're really that helpless look for a tribe who can teach you. If you don't like having to learn, then I'll say it again, wrong game for you.

1 hour ago, GEonWAR said:

A small request to all my fellow members who suggesting to play other game and I should learn to play or quit play... 

Kindly go back and read original post again.

This post is abt a feature which could be implemented for player in better way

Seeing as many people have already told you there are ways around this it is just a simple case of learn to play around the sandstorm, if thousands of other players can then you can. The sandstorm is a brilliant game mechanic that makes you think about how to get around it. It isn't meant to be easy.
This is how perfectly good games get ruined, people who can not learn to work with or around a game mechanic start bitching like spoilt children.

Archived