Ark Is Garbage, Do NOT buy it

AlphaPreacher

Guest BubbaCrawfish
31 minutes ago, vargata said:

its you who still dont understand it :) again: early access =/= buggy crap.... early access == missing features, and forget DC-s. do you deny that ppl can glitch through terrain to wipe your entire base from there? do you deny ppl are losing dinos for those glitching through the terrain and disappearing into the abyss? do you deny dinos can destroy everything inside your base and kill you and your dinos just because the walls dont keep their head outside? do you deny that dinos can glitch through the walls and run away no matter how well you locked them up? do you deny that any movable stuff (dinos eggs yourself) can glitch through floors and fall to lover levels or even below the terrain? now these are bugs that makes this game unplayable for many. and this many will just be more and more. and the dinos eat you through the wall wont ever get fixed, wc has already stated it. its not an early access issue, they just DONT CARE! yes, ive bought an early access game, ive accepted it might be swallow missing some features, i was prepared to have some minor bugs but not gamebreaking crap like this.

Have you reported any of these "bugs" or simply been whinging about it any opportunity you can?

23 minutes ago, vargata said:

this is quite a poor try, i have all fallouts and tes games, im a modder of those and none of those have such major, showstopping bugs even at release day than ark does.. "But, I move on and everything is okay" acceptance lvl5, nice perk, not everybody has it, and just because you dont care it doesnt mean its alright then.. for those who have a life getting a good companion takes a lots of time, losing that said companion is like losing the meaning of the gameplay why to break myself getting an other just to lose it again? i dont have 24/7 to tame 2000 dinos, i have about 2-3 hours on some days so taming a higher level stuff is all i can generally do on an entire day losing it is like losing my entire progress. and if it does in battle, well, at least i had a little to play with, but losing it for a poop like that is making the entire thing pointless.

Again, Early Access... You don't understand this concept in the slightest.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, vargata said:

i answer you separately as this was the only meaningful reaction. its not about hiding anything, as you say too, you get angry at ark more and more. some of us are over most limits. losing my argy killer Dimorphodon just because it was sitting passive on my shoulder and i dc-d. it would be ONE frekkin line of code to fix but they dont care... getting wiped multiple times or bullied in pve because they dont care.. being eaten through stone walls because they dont care, and this is not because its not finished, they have already stated about some of these things they are not interested and they are not going to fix it... i have a few early access games, some are better some are worse but ive never see this kind of ignorance (well, ksp is quite close :) ) and this is what really pisses off those who accepted this is an early access....

Look, I may not be a game developer but I do have a very slight knowledge in coding.   I can guarantee it's probably not 1 line of code to do that, but many.  And even if it was 1 line of code, there is no telling how many lines of code that 1 code is connected to that could cause an even bigger mess if they were to adjust it, which could be why they haven't.  

I will say that as for the disconnects it's more than likely an issue on Nitrado's end (if officials are what we are speaking of DC's happening), as I originally over a year ago were using them and had so many issues that I had to switch.  I now use Survival Servers and have yet to have a DC issue happen, unless it was my own hardware's fault.  Or for some reason S.S. were having issues with hardware on their end.

Now, before you get going you could say it's WC's fault for using them, but if they have a contract with Nitrado, then I'm sure they are stuck with them for a while, or else there's some sort of major fee.  So if that's the case, then they are kind of at the mercy of Nitrado.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
11 minutes ago, hernantas said:

I think this is written on the wrong forum. I mean most people here and visited this forum already buy/have ark.

Early bird got it... ;)

54 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Have you reported any of these "bugs" or simply been whinging about it any opportunity you can?

these are reported a million times and they mostly had the answer too, ive already told one they have answered? did you read it? no? try again.

41 minutes ago, Grimm said:

Look, I may not be a game developer but I do have a very slight knowledge in coding.   I can guarantee it's probably not 1 line of code to do that, but many.  And even if it was 1 line of code, there is no telling how many lines of code that 1 code is connected to that could cause an even bigger mess if they were to adjust it, which could be why they haven't.  

I will say that as for the disconnects it's more than likely an issue on Nitrado's end (if officials are what we are speaking of DC's happening), as I originally over a year ago were using them and had so many issues that I had to switch.  I now use Survival Servers and have yet to have a DC issue happen, unless it was my own hardware's fault.  Or for some reason S.S. were having issues with hardware on their end.

Now, before you get going you could say it's WC's fault for using them, but if they have a contract with Nitrado, then I'm sure they are stuck with them for a while, or else there's some sort of major fee.  So if that's the case, then they are kind of at the mercy of Nitrado.

well, unlike you i am a developer. if they have properly written methods it would only be a single function call something like attachshoulderpet(currentshoulderpet), and currenthoulderpet should be a pointer to an object. this is called when you "pick up" a shoulderpet. this very same function should be called by the game at initiation and it wouldnt break anything. they just dont care enough...

41 minutes ago, Grimm said:

this is again not true as if they dont serve the game with proper connection then they are already breaking the contract and so wc would be free to choose an other provider but again, i more think this is not hardware but server side programming issue.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
12 minutes ago, vargata said:

well, unlike you i am a developer.

How's about I tell you that your development sucks, and that no-one should support you...

But really, where's your bug report, I want to see it... This thread isn't about the bug so obviously you must have some report lodged somewhere, but looking through your other posts, I can't see it.

Funny that...

3 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

How's about I tell you that your development sucks, and that no-one should support you...

But really, where's your bug report, I want to see it... This thread isn't about the bug so obviously you must have some report lodged somewhere, but looking through your other posts, I can't see it.

Funny that...

you well seen know nothing about development in general let alone about mine, funny that... thats about your opinion on me :)

Guest BubbaCrawfish
20 minutes ago, vargata said:

you well seen know nothing about development in general let alone about mine, funny that... thats about your opinion on me :)

Damn, can you murder English any more?

I'm a developer myself, yet I show more appreciation for work than you obviously do... Maybe you think of your own work too much and think it's perfect, yet no-one has actually tested it and you don't know that it's terrible...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

But yea, you're getting to be like a broken record vargata... I'm not bothering with this anymore, as it's obvious the trolls and ingrates are out in force on the forums currently.

Long story short, we play the game fine... If you're having a problem with the game, then you should check your end, and make sure that you recognize what Early Access entails, as obviously you think it's more than what it actually is...

Just now, BubbaCrawfish said:

I'm a developer myself, yet I show more appreciation for work than you obviously do... Maybe you think of your own work too much and think it's perfect, yet no-one has actually tested it and you don't know that it's terrible...

i do show appreciation, wc guys are great artists, yeah, they are freakin good... artists :) thats it. and as i was already working for some real blue chip companies im sure my work is actually good enough, nothing is perfect though, not even me, there is no need for perfection, there is a need for caring... caring for your customers... that is missing from wc very much

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Oh get off it... You've been badmouthing them all over the forum...

Post up a link to your bug report, or you are obviously not posting any reports.

Just now, BubbaCrawfish said:

Oh get off it... You've been badmouthing them all over the forum...

Post up a link to your bug report, or you are obviously not posting any reports.

you just post the same bollocks again and again and you talk about broken records :) lol. again, no need for bugreports, these things were reported a quadzillion times and been answered. they dont care. what more, if you use the same bugs to protect yourself you will get wiped. this is the official stance of wc...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Well, funny that I report bugs and mine get fixed, huh... Must be the way I approach stuff rather than sitting back not submitting reports and making out that the team has a problem right?

If you aren't going to submit the bug reports, and be respectful around the place, then there'll be no wonder you aren't taken notice of...

No bug report? then don't moan and whinge about the game not working for you...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It'll just be a matter of time before this thread gets deleted, and when it does, I'll not have a problem, as I'll be happily in game, working on my next projects... Have fun with making out that the game is "unplayable" and bugridden...

6 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Well, funny that I report bugs and mine get fixed, huh... Must be the way I approach stuff rather than sitting back not submitting reports and making out that the team has a problem right?

If you aren't going to submit the bug reports, and be respectful around the place, then there'll be no wonder you aren't taken notice of...

No bug report? then don't moan and whinge about the game not working for you...

lol. this is not a beta test, we didnt sign up nor getting paid for it. this is a product we paid for thus we have every reason to moan if it doesnt work. you are the last one can tell what we have to do. again, i have a life outside of ark too (unlike you) and not wasting my time on things they dont care. and if this or any other topics will be locked or deleted.. who cares :) even if the game will stop and all the servers shut down i wouldnt care. i have an opinion and i will tell it you like it or not does not bother me even the slightest. anyway, if you are so happy in the game why are you here instead of playing it? you clearly have a lots of time :)

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Beta test or not... If you're not going to report the bug then don't expect it to be fixed... Simple.

Much the same if you are asked to provide a link for your report, don't expect people to even take you seriously if you cannot provide it...

Especially when you coin other threads being deleted/locked, without mentioning your own...

You didn't post a report, so therefore you're not wanting it fixed, so therefore you shouldn't care if it gets fixed, but then if it did actually get fixed, it still probably wouldn't stop your moaning anyway.

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Beta test or not... If you're not going to report the bug then don't expect it to be fixed... Simple.

lol. i will try with capital letters, you might can read those: THESE BUGS WERE ALL REPORTED AND ARE A CONTINUOUS SUBJECT OF THREADS. WC IS WELL AWARE OF THEM AND ABOUT SOME THEY HAVE ALREADY TOLD THEY ARE NOT GOING TO FIX IT!!! hope this helps. :)

Guest BubbaCrawfish

lol, it still doesn't change the fact that you, individually, as a "developer", cannot front up with a bug report, or even say that you lodged one at all...

Many "bugs" people have been reporting are simply them not handling the game.

I am done with this thread though, you are obviously not happy with your purchase, so let me make it easy for you... If you think the game has such problems, I'll buy your PC copy (As long as you aren't banned) for 5 bucks, and then maybe that'll send you packing...

10 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

lol, it still doesn't change the fact that you, individually, as a "developer", cannot front up with a bug report, or even say that you lodged one at all...

Many "bugs" people have been reporting are simply them not handling the game.

I am done with this thread though, you are obviously not happy with your purchase, so let me make it easy for you... If you think the game has such problems, I'll buy your PC copy (As long as you aren't banned) for 5 bucks, and then maybe that'll send you packing...

lol, it still doesn't change the fact that i didnt buy this game as a "developer" but as a gamer, this is not a job for me but a toy (or it would be if it would work) so i dont care of bugreports. if i see potential for something i sign up for betas and then i dedicate myself to testing it. its not the case now especially because i dont have time for it so whenever  get fed up with ark (its more and more sadly) i just go and play some other stuff instead that will not bug on me fatally every half an hour or so.

ohh, and i would happily sell it but sadly steam wont let me. kinda stuck with it

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Obviously you're not interested in fixing it or selling your game that you don't like, so really, stop trying to target me... If you hadn't noticed this whole time I haven't taken you seriously, as your post history shows that you have a serious chip on your shoulder... "developer" or not...

Making a mod or 2, doesn't make you a developer, you know that right?

But yea, I'm out, got better projects to be working on than bickering with a person who can't front up with what's requested.

17 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Obviously you're not interested in fixing it or selling your game that you don't like, so really, stop trying to target me... If you hadn't noticed this whole time I haven't taken you seriously, as your post history shows that you have a serious chip on your shoulder... "developer" or not...

Making a mod or 2, doesn't make you a developer, you know that right?

But yea, I'm out, got better projects to be working on than bickering with a person who can't front up with what's requested.

the cant sell and not interested in selling... yeah, you seem to have serious issues :) and nobody cares what you request, what do you even think of yourself? you act like a 5yo kid :) lol. i think all your projects are to sit here trolling those who dare to tell the truth about your little fav toy :)

4 hours ago, vargata said:

this is quite a poor try, i have all fallouts and tes games, im a modder of those and none of those have such major, showstopping bugs even at release day than ark does.. "But, I move on and everything is okay" acceptance lvl5, nice perk, not everybody has it, and just because you dont care it doesnt mean its alright then.. for those who have a life getting a good companion takes a lots of time, losing that said companion is like losing the meaning of the gameplay why to break myself getting an other just to lose it again? i dont have 24/7 to tame 2000 dinos, i have about 2-3 hours on some days so taming a higher level stuff is all i can generally do on an entire day losing it is like losing my entire progress. and if it does in battle, well, at least i had a little to play with, but losing it for a poop like that is making the entire thing pointless.

It's really not a poor try at all. And evidently you haven't played those games, because then you'd know that there were "such major, showstopping bugs," many of which not only could crash the game but also force you to reload previous saves or even start an entirely new character because the save file became corrupted. Being a modder of those games doesn't change that. So... that's quite a poor try. But really, ARK isn't nearly as horrible as you're saying. Yes, you're going to lose tames. No one is saying ARK doesn't have bugs, nor that those bugs aren't frustrating. The point is that it's a little silly to invest your happiness in the success or failure of your adventures in a game that is advertised as being Early Access and therefore potentially non-functioning (which Wildcard is more than clear about on the game's title screen, and on other media), especially when that success or failure is contingent on things outside your control. Wildcard has always been perfectly clear about the fact that elements of the game may not work, and clearly, Sony and Microsoft both are comfortable with that. If buyers aren't, then they don't play the game, or they enjoy the positive parts of it. Bleating about it on the forums really accomplishes nothing, especially when that bleating is non-constructive and harasses other people.

3 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

And evidently you haven't played those games

Being a modder of those games doesn't change that

how exactly? how could i work on them if i dont play them? :) being funny? lol fallout4 didnt have a single major bug on release, fallout3 had some bad ones but again nothing major, skyrim had only ugly glitches but nothing ever broke, falloutnv was perfect out of box for me, oblivion had bad bugs but been fixed in a few days from release, i dont remember morrowind having anything though it was a long long time ago. and i have all of them from day one except fallout that i had a day before release so...

being Early Access and therefore potentially non-functioning

show me where any steam microsoft or sony advertisement state that the game might not functioning? or even wc? nowhere. again early access =/= not working, early access means it has not yet been finished but as its sold for a commercial price, what is released, it has to work.
it should be like:

-base game done, get it fixed, release. there are showstopping bugs, quick fix

-new feature developed, get it fixed, release, new showstopping bugs, quick fix

-again a new feature developed, get it fixed, release, new show stopping bugs, quick fix

etc etc etc

nobody expect it to be perfect but what is in ark makes it generally unplayable and thats against any customer protection laws (and any common sense and morality). no matter in what state you release what you once release has to be fit for purpose and ark isnt.

4 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You're the one having issues, after all, those without arguments resort to name-calling...

4 hours ago, vargata said:

i would happily sell it but sadly steam wont let me

4 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Obviously you're not interested in ... selling your game

what you state here is complete ignorance and that means you have serious issues, thats not namecalling, thats stating facts...

Archived