Breeding for High Levels Possible?

MayonnaisePlease

The baby might hatch at 145, if it inherits all its stats from dad. Baby inherits every stat from either parent, with a 75% chance of getting the highest of the two. The level is only an expression of the stats it has.
Inbreeding, in theory, can give you a +2 level boost in a random stat, but given that is isn't too common, it's a maybe in being passed on, and it's random where it goes, if at all... it's easier to tame more birds.

Since they can inherit seperate stats from their parents, having a mother that has high HP, and a father that has high melee, for example, you can get a baby that has both high stats, and this way you can breed a better bird than anything you can tame in the wild. Do this for all stats and you get some high level babies. I'd consider the mutations something to do after you exhaust the tameable genepool.

Once you have your "ultimate" baby, imprinting is also a considerable bonus to its stats, but this bonus doesn't get passed on to offspring.

22 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

Baby inherits every stat from either parent, with a 75% chance of getting the highest of the two. 

70% Chance.

Ultimately if you want higher level babies you have better chances using high level parents. Tame a few more parents. If you're breeding for bulk just tame a few females. If you're breeding for levels you need at least 6 parents each with a single high level stat (Health/stamina/oxygen/oxygen/weight/melee). Then you breed and breed until you have two parents with the best possible stats, bam, super dino's. Currently there's no negative penalty for inbreeding.

6 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Tamed a lvl20 female and lvl145 male vultures

Thinking of breeding them, but I'm wondering if theres a possibility of the baby being hatched at lvl100+? And if I was to inbreed until I get a much higher level is that also possible?

I sometimes tame low level argys just for their color and breed them with my high level ones. I'd keep mating them til I get a bunch of eggs before I hatch them all then I kill off babies that dont get the good stats and the color I want lol. So yeah, it is possible to get all the good stats and high level even with one parent having bad stats and low level.

Forget the lvl20 female, I just tamed at 140. Tamed out at 194 with great melee (292.7)

The male I had mentioned tamed at 200, and melee is 325.9.

Does this mean a hatched baby will come out with amazing melee?

(bonus question lol

if i was to raise a baby vulture would i need spoiled meat?)

3 minutes ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Forget the lvl20 female, I just tamed at 140. Tamed out at 194 with great melee (292.7)

The male I had mentioned tamed at 200, and melee is 325.9.

Does this mean a hatched baby will come out with amazing melee?

(bonus question lol

if i was to raise a baby vulture would i need spoiled meat?)

Your baby will inherit the base stats, so if the 292.7% is the lower melee base stat, then yes... It will have amazing melee. And I believe a baby Vulture can eat either spoiled meat or raw meat, but spoiled meat is definitely the better route to take because it restores much more food

Archived