Un-nerf cakes, nerf turtles

Smash

Turtles encourage a pretty bad meta, and it's one that makes people get too protective of quetzals.  "We need quetzals to raid because we need to get turtles across the map".  And that's definitely true.

Personally I think we should break our reliance on turtles and just relegate them low level keretin vending machines by buffing some of the faster, but more useless herbivores into that role.

Why not just make a class of armoured herbies that have say 15-25% damage reduction against bullets.  For example:

Trikes and patchirhinos, patchies facing forward

Stegos, Kentros, ankys and doedis from all directions

Turtles shells but only as much damage reduction as all those listed above.

Perhaps introduce one of those armoured sauropods like Augustina?

Then just make the cakes work the same way on everything rather than this counter-intuitive approach where the don't work on the things you want them to work on the most.

3 hours ago, Smash said:

Turtles encourage a pretty bad meta, and it's one that makes people get too protective of quetzals.  "We need quetzals to raid because we need to get turtles across the map".  And that's definitely true.

Personally I think we should break our reliance on turtles and just relegate them low level keretin vending machines by buffing some of the faster, but more useless herbivores into that role.

Why not just make a class of armoured herbies that have say 15-25% damage reduction against bullets.  For example:

Trikes and patchirhinos, patchies facing forward

Stegos, Kentros, ankys and doedis from all directions

Turtles shells but only as much damage reduction as all those listed above.

Perhaps introduce one of those armoured sauropods like Augustina?

Then just make the cakes work the same way on everything rather than this counter-intuitive approach where the don't work on the things you want them to work on the most.

Tbh there are better animals to use in raids then turtles bro....

1 hour ago, FallenAngel said:

Tbh there are better animals to use in raids then turtles bro....

only other herb i've seen people use in raid are brontos and for the same purpose, soaking in those bullets. admittedly, they have more health but that isn't the deciding factor always. turtles are easier tames both in tranqing, kibble and time. high end saddles are considerably cheaper and the size makes them easy to store/move around.

13 hours ago, eESTlane said:

only other herb i've seen people use in raid are brontos and for the same purpose, soaking in those bullets. admittedly, they have more health but that isn't the deciding factor always. turtles are easier tames both in tranqing, kibble and time. high end saddles are considerably cheaper and the size makes them easy to store/move around.

There is another.......

Archived