Ark: Evolution Events

Orion

Let's talk

Evolution Events

Since their implementation, Evolution Events have brought back a kind of "new spark" to ARK. Especially on Console. Many of the Official servers are a lot more lively both during and off the weekend when the Evolution Events are happening consistently. I think, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, that having these Events as a permanent, weekend-only addition to the Official servers of the game may be the kind of new light this game needs, especially considering the recent upset over the Cross-ARK transfers.

On the few Officials I play on, I've seen full server capacity - even on Center - just about all times of the day except early morning or late, late night. This is amazing. All the Servers I am on, the Alphas and my own tribe are both helping and growing relations with new players, encouraging them to stay on ARK, showing them a good time on a "regulated" PvP server, and just how fun and great this game can be when everyone is working towards a common goal - server growth & stability. Which is what this game should be about when we're talking about PvP.

I think most of this is/was possible due to Wild Card's decision to implement Evolution Events, and there are many more who think it should be a permanent addition to the Official rotation, and I'm more than inclined to agree, in fact I fully support this. I figured I may as well make my own, articulated post, about just how much these events have been helping the game on Console, it's bringing new life and new players in, especially knowing that they can get started relatively easy, prime-tame things quicker in case you don't have kibble (such as low level Quetz/Arges), and it overall seems to make the game less grind(y) when concerning players who don't have all the time on their hands.

I'd like to see a comment or several from some of the Developers about their thoughts on these Evolution Events, and their potential implementation as a permanent addition to the norm that is Official Server play.

Sincerely, Great Fox Orion

It has, I would not say given new life fr myself, instead given me a reason to go for some of the high level tames that I would otherwise have ignored. In the past I would tame a max level rex and sit for hours watching it. I will still do that, but now I wait for the weekend when I have that time. I want to build, gather up the supplies and build over the week. If I run out, at least I don't have to grind as much.

30 minutes ago, Jamagh said:

It has, I would not say given new life fr myself, instead given me a reason to go for some of the high level tames that I would otherwise have ignored. In the past I would tame a max level rex and sit for hours watching it. I will still do that, but now I wait for the weekend when I have that time. I want to build, gather up the supplies and build over the week. If I run out, at least I don't have to grind as much.

I feel you, truth is though, it has certainly made many servers more active and vibrant.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I feel you, truth is though, it has certainly made many servers more active and vibrant.

That is a good thing. For awhile there it felt as if no one was on one of the servers I play on. I would look up the people me and another guy. Might as well be playing single player at that point. Since the 2X events, so many people have been on that it makes it much more fun.

Archived