FACT: ARK reconfirms that human sucks.

iHEARTyou

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G.I.F.T. Also known scientifically as the Online Disinhibition Effect. That is the source of Ark's problems, compounded by WC's utter lack of conduct enforcement on Official servers. Take a normal human with impulses they normally quash, give them anonymity and a vast audience (such as those streamers across the pond, for example), and remove any threat of punishment... and many of them transform into the very examples mainstream media and moral guardians use to paint gaming as a source of child corruption and social decay. Until WC starts laying down the law and punishing troublemakers with real consequences (lockouts from Official, VAC bans, etc.), we will, unfortunately, continue to see this juvenile behavior dominate the game.

3 hours ago, WatcherCCG said:

G.I.F.T. Also known scientifically as the Online Disinhibition Effect. That is the source of Ark's problems, compounded by WC's utter lack of conduct enforcement on Official servers. Take a normal human with impulses they normally quash, give them anonymity and a vast audience (such as those streamers across the pond, for example), and remove any threat of punishment... and many of them transform into the very examples mainstream media and moral guardians use to paint gaming as a source of child corruption and social decay. Until WC starts laying down the law and punishing troublemakers with real consequences (lockouts from Official, VAC bans, etc.), we will, unfortunately, continue to see this juvenile behavior dominate the game.

That is why it is so important for adult gamers to set a good example.

The average gamer is 30 years old, and back in the 90's when online gaming was just getting popular, these 30 year old's were all kids and teens. Thus, they all talked poop to each other, constantly, years go by, and eventually poop talking, and gaming become synonymous with one another. So now, we have 30 year old's talking poop to kids, and vice versa.

As hard as it seems at times, as adults with fully developed frontal lobes, we have a responsibility to these kids, to show them gaming and griefing / poop talking to not have to go hand in hand.

Team work, community, and cooperation can also be quite fun. 

Well, in the context of the video game...yeah. Humans suck overall. Which is why I will never play the core game conversion once Primal Survival comes out.

In reality, if you wish to discuss philosophy, I'm sure that primitive mythologies and our inability to dismiss any and all that is not scientifically demonstrable or proven, that has been the #1 cause of our despair. That, and the fact that we're naturally destructive due to us being the only sentient species on the planet that can choose to ignore the most basic instincts that we've developed through our species' evolution.

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 11:00 PM, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

I personally, even as a child, don't believe in Religion (aethist) I just find it implausible @Slone you raise some interesting questions, I'll ponder them tonight

Well formulated statement. I, too, am an atheist, but I prefer the term 'skeptic,' consequent to the lack of maturity and logical-rational reasoning I've observed in some other Atheists.

"don't believe in religion" claims you don't believe in the concept of religion rather than in certain religious beliefs. Edit: Not calling you immature or baseless.

2 hours ago, Astroneer said:

... I, too, am an atheist, but I prefer the term 'skeptic,' consequent to the lack of maturity and logical-rational reasoning I've observed in some other Atheists...

ag·nos·tic
aɡˈnästik/
noun

1. 1.
    a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Everything in the universe is composed of various types and frequencies of energy.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, yet it can be found in every corner of reality.

Thus, the existence of everything is a paradox.

The universe cannot exist because the energy that makes up reality cannot be created.

Yet here we all are none the less.

2 hours ago, epochdei said:

The universe cannot exist because the energy that makes up reality cannot be created.

When you go to sleep and dream, do you create your dream world atom by atom, particle by particle, form by form, or does it simply appear within your consciousness?

If you ever have a lucid dream and wake up within your dream, you will discover everything has structure and your senses are there just as in your waking state.

So, if we have this consciousness then why do we assume the universe itself doesn't?

19 hours ago, Slone said:
ag·nos·tic
aɡˈnästik/
noun

1. 1.
    a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

I reckon the term 'agnostic' best fits my views, but people tend to use the term incorrectly. Thanks :)

10 minutes ago, Astroneer said:

I reckon the term 'agnostic' best fits my views, but people tend to use the term incorrectly. Thanks :)

There's a Zen saying which says, "Not knowing is the most intimate."

There's nothing wrong with being agnostic or athiest or religious or whatever.

I don't think this life experience would be as fulfilling if we knew everything.

On 11/5/2016 at 3:23 AM, WatcherCCG said:

Very true. The danger in this, as studies has shown, is that this generation of kids grows up with less sympathy becoming borderline sociopaths (don't get this confused with psychopaths, there's a difference).

2 hours ago, vargata said:

so you say if there would be no punishment irl for murdering then everybody would start murdering each others? lol

Yes, be honest, there's at least someone you know that you wouldn't mind if that person "disappeared". 

How many lonely men would have rrrrrrr-ape dungeons if this was the case? Oh dear lord, I pray thee, not to answer this question. It's more frightening to know the answer to this question than the dodorex and dodowyvern combined.

Just now, iHEARTyou said:

Yes, be honest, there's at least someone you know that you wouldn't mind if that person "disappeared". 

How many lonely men would have Unicorn dungeons if this was the case? Oh dear lord, I pray thee, not to answer this question. It's more frightening to know the answer to this question than the dodorex and dodowyvern combined.

omfg, you know that many communities exist far away from the big civilisations and authorities and none of the members of those slaughter each others. twisted crap minds have power only in the protection of laws. in a world where communities make and enforce the laws they would disappear quickly... you people should get out of hollywood, the world is not like in the TV

1 minute ago, vargata said:

omfg, you know that many communities exist far away from the big civilisations and authorities and none of the members of those slaughter each others. twisted crap minds have power only in the protection of laws. in a world where communities make and enforce the laws they would disappear quickly... you people should get out of hollywood, the world is not like in the TV

Those communities do have laws or religion though usually followed by punishment by death. That's why religion is so important, the fear of going to hell is a very powerful tool. It's been known for centuries that aliens exists but the government will not release this information due to the fact that it would prove that most religions doesn't exist. If this information was leaked, the world will burn in chaos.

2 minutes ago, iHEARTyou said:

Those communities do have laws or religion though usually followed by punishment by death. That's why religion is so important, the fear of going to hell is a very powerful tool. It's been known for centuries that aliens exists but the government will not release this information due to the fact that it would prove that most religions doesn't exist. If this information was leaked, the world will burn in chaos.

lol. again, get out of hollywood, humans have morality, most of them. exactly the current modern system keeps the criminals thriving because they are not getting punished unless a judge decides they were so wrong and even then most only get a few years in prison what is not really a punishment. if this civ would disappear and there would be no centralised law and law enforcement, local communities would clean themselves of vermins and the morality of the members would easily keep up the peace. there is no need of the fear of punishment for normal people. this is seen in many small village communities that is far from cities and authorities. i wasnt talking about native tribes but about modern people.

4 hours ago, Astroneer said:

There is no such thing as an agnostic. You either believe or you don't. You're either an atheist or  you're a theist. Just because you don't know if a deity exist doesn't affect whether or not you believe in that deity. Not believing in a deity, regardless if you know it exists or not, makes you an atheist because you DON'T believe that it does.

19 minutes ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

There is no such thing as an agnostic. You either believe or you don't. You're either an atheist or  you're a theist. Just because you don't know if a deity exist doesn't affect whether or not you believe in that deity. Not believing in a deity, regardless if you know it exists or not, makes you an atheist because you DON'T believe that it does.

You sir, are a fool.

18 minutes ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Agnostic just means you believe in a higher power, but not the ones depicted in various religions. Whereas, atheist doesn't believe in any higher power. 

I came in this thread, and  blown away, we got two people who are trying to teach an astronomy class, then we got people talking about whether they believe in god or not. And here I am forgetting what this thread was about.

Anyone keep things on topic anymore....*scrolls to title*

Ah, on topic. Yes, yes ark does confirm  that some humans suck, also confirms that the ones constantly getting g wiped on the same server And getting trolled over and over again yet do nothing to change or prepare better, it shows those people lack the concept to learn from their mistakes and move on.

Back to the preaching and theories of the universe.

ag·nos·tic
aɡˈnästik/
noun

1. 1.
    synonyms: skeptic, doubter, doubting Thomas, cynic; More

adjective

1. 1.
    of or relating to agnostics or agnosticism.
    synonyms: skeptic, doubter, doubting Thomas, cynic; 

I am an agnostic, because I KNOW energy makes up everything that exists, exited, or ever will exist and that Energy cannot be created.

A being capable of creating a universe/energy that can not be created would not be explicable with the laws of physics apparent in that universe.

Thus Agnosticism.

An atheist does not believe in higher power, or a deity, or similar. If you do NOT believe in it, then you are an atheist. A deity or a god is considered a higher power, therefore believing that there is a higher power, regardless if this higher power is a god or not, makes you a theist.

You make this "energy" out to being a higher power, beside the basic concept of a deity or a god. Therefore, because you see this energy as such, makes you a theist in the context that Buddhists are theists for believing in "spiritual energy".

It's simply a matter of believing in a higher power or not. If you do, then you are a theist. If not, then you are an atheist.

Archived