[XBOX] Official Extinction Servers Timer Change in 745.0

lilpanda

• Wildcard Community

Hello Xbox Survivors!

Upon release of patch 745.0 we will be adjusting the timers on all Xbox Official Extinction servers to properly reflect the extinction time. Timers were inadvertently set back to 30 days with the 744.0 release rather than continuing on until the servers were meant to reset. Timers will be set to 6 days remaining until the servers go extinct at which point the servers will go extinct as they would every 30 days. Keep in mind this only applies to Xbox servers. We apologize for any confusion and wish you the best of luck in your extinction adventures.

Have a spoopy Halloween!

:Jerblove: Wildcard Panda

On 10/31/2016 at 6:23 PM, lilpanda said:

Hello Xbox Survivors!

Upon release of patch 745.0 we will be adjusting the timers on all Xbox Official Extinction servers to properly reflect the extinction time. Timers were inadvertently set back to 30 days with the 744.0 release rather than continuing on until the servers were meant to reset. Timers will be set to 6 days remaining until the servers go extinct at which point the servers will go extinct as they would every 30 days. Keep in mind this only applies to Xbox servers. We apologize for any confusion and wish you the best of luck in your extinction adventures.

Have a spoopy Halloween!

:Jerblove: Wildcard Panda

Pretty sure the xbox one extinction servers haven't reset, and alot of players are waiting for the reset. Why not just reset them already?

When new extinction servers are added would it be possible to have them staggered 15 days from the other servers? I along with all the other people who work "Hitch" work meaning i am gone to work as much as i am home only get a chance to hit the servers 15 days in since they all reset the same day.... Always way to far behind the curve to do any good

• Wildcard Community

There is a bug currently that is causing the date to be reset any time that the server reboots (including if the server were to crash on its own). With that bug intact we are unable to manually set the timers however once we fix it we will be adjusting them appropriately or if the original reset time has passed, we will wipe the extinction servers and start fresh with a working timer.

The correct time for the Extinction servers have already past it would probably just be best to shut down the servers and try to perform some kind of a manual wipe and post about so the ex players will know, because this is not just becoming a really big problem for every who loves and looks forward to the wipes, and schedules are based on this event.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:45 PM, lilpanda said:

There is a bug currently that is causing the date to be reset any time that the server reboots (including if the server were to crash on its own). With that bug intact we are unable to manually set the timers however once we fix it we will be adjusting them appropriately or if the original reset time has passed, we will wipe the extinction servers and start fresh with a working timer.

Why not just wipe the server, then fix the timer later? Here it says "the timer will reset." Clearly the server doesn't wipe when an update is released or when the server crashes, only the timer reset is the problem.

People are already playing on the server with a broken timer, it isn't the biggest issue to have an inaccurate timer. The bigger issue is obvioisly that the servers havent wiped.

I fear that the Extinction servers are going to die if you proceed with your current plan. Judging from the slow response from the dev team to respond to the issue, this could take a week or 2 to fix. Imagine working very hard and building up to be alpha for most of the server, just to have it prematurely wiped. I imagine alot of people would rage quit, and extinction servers are quite dead as it is. I believe that the sooner the wipe happens, the more retention of players we will have. I think the devs ought to wipe the servers asap, and fix the timer at a later date.

Thanks for reading, your time is appreciated greatly, I absolutely love the game.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived