Chinese Streamers?

Rancor

Rancor, you are probably refering to my post in your other thread about blocking Obis. Yes I have links to 2 Chinese streamers that repeatedly harass our server. I watched this past weekend as they spawned a horde of golums andwryverns into another server. They had 8-10k viewers at the time so it was no problem getting 60+ of them to log into the  server as well to keep people from logging in to defend their stuff.

So far we have been lucky enough to suppress them but its only a matter of time since they raid in the off hours and can bring such high numbers. We play on primitive so no turrets only plants. Its gotten to the point that the game isnt fun because we feel we cant tame, breed, and do other things because we spend all our time farming and building defenses. The main base is a lag fest and nightmare to render in. We have probably tripled the amount of structures in the base since SE as well as increased dinos in the base by about 25% since we brought them in from less defended remote bases.

As far as posting the links here goes is that allowed in the forum rules? Also I hate to post them so they get even more viewers since  that is what fuels them.

1 hour ago, Kenkillya said:

Rancor, you are probably refering to my post in your other thread about blocking Obis. Yes I have links to 2 Chinese streamers that repeatedly harass our server. I watched this past weekend as they spawned a horde of golums andwryverns into another server. They had 8-10k viewers at the time so it was no problem getting 60+ of them to log into the  server as well to keep people from logging in to defend their stuff.

So far we have been lucky enough to suppress them but its only a matter of time since they raid in the off hours and can bring such high numbers. We play on primitive so no turrets only plants. Its gotten to the point that the game isnt fun because we feel we cant tame, breed, and do other things because we spend all our time farming and building defenses. The main base is a lag fest and nightmare to render in. We have probably tripled the amount of structures in the base since SE as well as increased dinos in the base by about 25% since we brought them in from less defended remote bases.

As far as posting the links here goes is that allowed in the forum rules? Also I hate to post them so they get even more viewers since  that is what fuels them.

That is what war is like you have no time to breath you need to make time and that time comes from sacrificing life stuff or quit playing. I hate this about the game but it is the current game.

The Chinese are not the only ones doing this, My tribe owns a SE server and are going to every server PvPing as they call it IMO PvO and PvP are different things. The SE servers are a gateway for hardcore greifing other servers and keeping your farming server player free. The flame arrows are stupidly strong and just promote offline tactics against smaller tribes on servers to kill those servers.

Do not think this is a rant about how SE should not be because i rather like the SE and the Idea behind it i do wish however SE was like a 2-3 month long server to stop people from owning them year round.

7 hours ago, SlipperySquid said:

That is what war is like you have no time to breath you need to make time and that time comes from sacrificing life stuff or quit playing. I hate this about the game but it is the current game.

In war if you are wise you take the fight to your enemy. You dont sit and wait for them to build up a huge invasion force to attack with. Unless of course you are talking about Ark because it is one sided. I would be fair if Dinos and item could be transferred to SE to attack our enemies. It is a stupid design as it stands.

24 minutes ago, Kenkillya said:

In war if you are wise you take the fight to your enemy. You dont sit and wait for them to build up a huge invasion force to attack with. Unless of course you are talking about Ark because it is one sided. I would be fair if Dinos and item could be transferred to SE to attack our enemies. It is a stupid design as it stands.

Either way it would not be fair because you could transfer Turtles and Quetz and dinos you have farmed up months in advanced for wars. Ark is not really 1 sided you could recruit members to your Tribe make your tribe 100-300 members strong and have 70 or 100 people in 24/7.

When has any war been a fair fight?  We had slavery once apon a time for a reason and that was not because of a fair fight let me tell you.

I do 100% agree with you that the design is stupid you have no way of doing an invasion on there lands however they are already testing better ways to have SE in the game for the full release cluster servers. That way you can only directly effect the server you are bound to not every Non SE server in the game.

Other methods are to use scummy tactics like the vast majority of the communities alphas Use when they start to invade Spam turn on and off your generators to lag out the server, Ddos, Keep up to date with Game Crashing bugs and use them right after a world save.  The list goes on.

This is tactics used by majority of the player base anyways to keep there stuff safe so stop trying to be a star Early access tester and just protect your hard work. :D

5 hours ago, SlipperySquid said:

stop trying to be a star Early access tester and just protect your hard work. :D

Is there a such thing as a "star early access tester" and if so, how am I trying to be one?

Either way it would not be fair because you could transfer Turtles and Quetz and dinos you have farmed up months in advanced for wars.

If transfer was available both ways they could have the same.

Ark is not really 1 sided you could recruit members to your Tribe make your tribe 100-300 members strong and have 70 or 100 people in 24/7.

When I said 1 sided I was referring to the fact that SE can come to us but not vice versa. Also lets be realistic no one is going to recruit members to form a 100-300 member tribe. The streamers I refer too don't even do that. They just show what server they are on and let less than 1% of their viewers fill it up. No need to invite them into a tribe.

If they want server transfer to be a legit thing, they need make server groups consisting of 1 each of map. 1 SE, 1 Island, and 1 Center all connected together each one acting as an extension of the others. Then allow transfer both ways between all 3.

Just figured I'd share this since we were talking about fair fights. I handful of us rolled new guys on their SE server to see what damage we could cause on foot. One of my tribmates jumped their wall and managed to slip into their base when one of the came out a door. He managed to snag a very interesting screenshot. It has been reported so lets see what they do about it. 

arkcheaters2.jpg

On 10/29/2016 at 5:27 PM, Rancor said:

@Kenkillya Now that is a pretty interesting find. 

Oh yeah. If he opens a ticket today, and is lucky, the devs might ban those cheaters late next week. 

What I like about this game is how raw it is. Crap logs,  practically no admins, poop laggy servers (EU-Center servers lag horribly with 30+ players). Server performance is now worse than I can ever remember. 

Its a primitive server. We have so many plants and defenses built that it is a rendering nightmare. One of our members challenged them to a fair fight on their stream. He proposed we set a time and allow them to spawn in whatever they want and duke it out. Most of the stream was interested but the streamers werent interested in a fair fight. We are done with it at this point. we just setup a private server and invited everyone on our current server over. It will also be open to the public. Most of the active players are fed up with it on our server and joining us. Tonight we are gonna demo the base and set all dinos on aggressive wander. Most everyone in our alliance is doing the same. lol

5 minutes ago, Cullis said:

Oh yeah. If he opens a ticket today, and is lucky, the devs might ban those cheaters late next week. 

Yeah, it was reported on the 28th. I honestly doubt they will do anything about it. Wildcard likes the publicity they get in china when they have 1000s of people watching those streams.

13 minutes ago, Cullis said:

What I like about this game is how raw it is. Crap logs,  practically no admins, poop laggy servers (EU-Center servers lag horribly with 30+ players). Server performance is now worse than I can ever remember. 

Describe what "Cheats" they are using? 

6 minutes ago, Rancor said:

Describe what "Cheats" they are using? 

I believe @Cullis was refering to the screenshot I posted showing their fabricator on a primitive server. 

We have witnessed them pop up through the floor (second floor with 3 wall height space beneath), level 4 or 5 naked with spears an attack baby dinos. The base is a fortress overcrowded with plants and dinos set to aggressive yet this naked low level rises through the floor like he was Vision (Avengers) and makes a break for the babies before anything aggros on him. We had screenshots of that but were told we needed video proof...

Unfortunately all Island dwellers can do is play defense, lose sleep, and stay up to watch,  They can bring on 10 golems and 30 wyverns which are all expendable for them and we can beat them down if you leave your character online the day they attack.  Baoge, the streamer I get the pleasure of crushing weekly only gets about 8000 viewers on a raid day until I show up but when Chu River (An incredibly more popular streamer) makes an appearance on the server in the early AM hours it's going to be a rough week.  They'll scout the servers to see which has few members on and then the flood starts.  They max out the player count so even calling your tribemates is useless.  So far we have not lost anything but our time to these streamers but it's pointless.  

SE is paid content that gives a competitive advantage in PVP which is unfortunate.  The only way to strike back is to go to their SE server (they have a few under their control) and start on foot while they scout for you on wyverns.  A level playing field would be nice but so far the only real solution is to move to an SE server and rebuild.  Keep that as your main base and hold The Island until it's lost.  I'm just amazed how long this has gone on without a solution.

On 10/29/2016 at 9:00 AM, Kenkillya said:

Just figured I'd share this since we were talking about fair fights. I handful of us rolled new guys on their SE server to see what damage we could cause on foot. One of my tribmates jumped their wall and managed to slip into their base when one of the came out a door. He managed to snag a very interesting screenshot. It has been reported so lets see what they do about it. 

arkcheaters2.jpg

Well I guess we saw what they would do about it. The reply to the ticket confirmed that this was cheating and that for privacy reasons they could't comment on what they would do about it. So I guess the solution was to stop cheating by just adding full tech to the servers...

Archived