Spay and Neuter options?

Rancor

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:27 PM, Sov said:

@ jjfats  Its that or not for sale, which do you prefer?

I think that a Breeding tribe should neuter or spay their dinos if they want too.  I think it gives them a better way to make a mark for themselves.  If they wanted to they could sell one not neutered for even more then.  I like that it gives us more options, adds to the scope of the game

I like the idea of spaying and neutering. My tribe bred war pteras like crazy and made a good bit off of trading them. But the problem was the tribes buying would also go and breed them with their own and start selling part of our bloodline. With this option it will make the demand for more breeder tribes and open up another part of economy on Ark as well as allowing tribes to keep control over their stocks bloodline.  

With mutations and family trees once one of your animals has been bred a few times and there are no more clean bloodlines to mix without inbreeding "fixing" them will be the easiest way to make sure there are no accidental breedings. Or if a baby comes out with poor stats and isnt worth breeding "fixing" it will again ensure that you dont accidently add it into your breeding stock. 

Overall I will love this option. 

I really am pumped for this option combined with phase 3. I can't wait to see what mutations come about.

I had the same situation as others here. On a server I bred small dragons and had the highest on the server... worked very hard to get 4 120s and through that and a few other higher levels pushed the levels to 210. One person offered me a ton for one of my males I didn't use any longer so I sold instead of killing it and the next thing I knew 200+ were everywhere. I think one of the best things for the breeder community is the spay/neuter option. I'm really looking forward to it!

23 hours ago, GrumpyxKitten said:

I like the idea of spaying and neutering. My tribe bred war pteras like crazy and made a good bit off of trading them. But the problem was the tribes buying would also go and breed them with their own and start selling part of our bloodline. With this option it will make the demand for more breeder tribes and open up another part of economy on Ark as well as allowing tribes to keep control over their stocks bloodline.  

With mutations and family trees once one of your animals has been bred a few times and there are no more clean bloodlines to mix without inbreeding "fixing" them will be the easiest way to make sure there are no accidental breedings. Or if a baby comes out with poor stats and isnt worth breeding "fixing" it will again ensure that you dont accidently add it into your breeding stock. 

Overall I will love this option. 

yep this will be very useful for breeder tribes cant wait to see this added in.

i dont trade any of our breed dinos for the reason you mentioned with your ptreas but i do trade off their parents after we get the stats off them on to a 2nd gen.

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be awesome if the spay/neuter took the animal off of your dino cap. I really like the idea of  being able to trade a non breedable animal... Because, lets face it, if you trade a 200+ born beast to another tribe, that'll be the last time you breed them for trade. Even if you do trade them again, it'll be for less because you created your own competition.. As of now, as a rule, my tribes only trade males if they are unique. We won't trade a female or a breeding pair.

• 8 months later...
On 10/9/2016 at 8:33 PM, Jerryn said:

Lets keep this on the topic of the concept being applied in the game and its possible positive and/or negative impacts to game play.

Thanks.

It would be good if they was a reversible way to like create a mindwipe tonic or a tonic that rewinded the creature back to were it could be mated again if u wanted it to be.

10 minutes ago, Ev1L said:

It would be good if they was a reversible way to like create a mindwipe tonic or a tonic that rewinded the creature back to were it could be mated again if u wanted it to be.

No, not at all.

The neuter is specificly for breeders. For example i am the only dedicated breeder on my cluster. Meaning my bloodlines are not comparable to any other on the server. I breed for month and month, stacking mutations. If i couldnt neuter them, or if anyone could reverse the process, i would not sell them. No one has anything comparable in value. I mean i wouldnt sell one dino. The buyer could start breeding and would skip all the month of dedication i put it. What should he grind for month in compensation?

Archived