Can someone help me math out Wyvern raising w/ official rates?

TheKringle

I'm trying to do some planning for solo Wyvern raising on an official server, but I want to do some pre-math to figure out if I can actually do it, before I sink the resources into a pen and breeding area. I'll just need two of my half-assumptions and some heresay corrected/added to where possible by you kind forum-goers:

1) Wyverns, according to the wiki, have 2000 base food, with an additional 200 food per level up (wild). So on average, a 100 wyvern will have about 14 level-ups into food, which is 4800 food. I know it could be more or could be less, I get that, I'm just trying to get an average. My question is, does this happen with babies as well? I.e. does a level 100 baby wyvern have ~4800 food, or does it have less? I've seen it said that they start off with less than whatever their max total food is, but it increases as they grow (kind of like weight with other baby dinos). If so, what % of their max food do they start out with as a hatchling, and how fast does their max food level increase? 

2) Food decreases at a rate of 1 point per 10 seconds, and milk gives 1200 food. Are these correct? If so, then it's fair to say that 1 milk would be equivalent to 200 minutes of food, right?

With these two pieces of information, I can work out a feeding intervals, exact feeding schedule, total number of feeds required, etc. 

Any information is welcome ^^

The food your baby starts with is going to vary. It will start with less than its max food just like with weight. I can't say for sure what the % of the total it is i've never looked that close. All of our 100+ eggs have had about 2k food to start with. Aim for a high level wyvern egg 100+ and that should give you a starting food of over 3-4 hours. Baby stage is going to last you a little over 9hrs. It won't feed from a trough after but it will have gained more food after that. You can figure out how long till starvation by using the formula:

(((current food*10)/60)/60)

this will give you the hours you have until it needs to be fed.  If your only raising one baby and your going for 100% imprint then you should be ok to feed it every time it asks for imprint. Some times it will ask for the milk at imprint and it will feed the wyvern. In the baby stages we fed our every time we did an imprint regardless of if it asked for milk. After the baby stage it was about time to do the math and either wake up for imprinting or just for feedings. again if your only doing one baby then just fill its food every time since you get 5 milk per female knock out and 50 per alpha kill. As the hp increases you CAN factor the HP loss into your time window but it makes me nervous so I don't do that. (1hp per 3 seconds or something like that) 

This is all official rates. 

59 minutes ago, Multivitamin said:

The food your baby starts with is going to vary. It will start with less than its max food just like with weight. I can't say for sure what the % of the total it is I've never looked that close. All of our 100+ eggs have had about 2k food to start with. Aim for a high level wyvern egg 100+ and that should give you a starting food of over 3-4 hours. Baby stage is going to last you a little over 9hrs. It won't feed from a trough after but it will have gained more food after that. You can figure out how long till starvation by using the formula:

(((current food*10)/60)/60)

this will give you the hours you have until it needs to be fed.  If your only raising one baby and your going for 100% imprint then you should be ok to feed it every time it asks for imprint. Some times it will ask for the milk at imprint and it will feed the wyvern. In the baby stages we fed our every time we did an imprint regardless of if it asked for milk. After the baby stage it was about time to do the math and either wake up for imprinting or just for feedings. again if your only doing one baby then just fill its food every time since you get 5 milk per female knock out and 50 per alpha kill. As the hp increases you CAN factor the HP loss into your time window but it makes me nervous so I don't do that. (1hp per 3 seconds or something like that) 

This is all official rates. 

Great information, thanks. So off of your experience i'm gonna take a very loose guess and say the babies start with half their adult food max. Do you know how fast that cap increases by? Like if the baby caps out at 2000 after the first feeding, is it close to 2100 by the second? Do you remember the cap steadily increasing? Like after 2 days, was the baby close to 3000 food? If I can get a baby to over 3000 by the end of a weekend, i can totally raise wyverns.

We just finished 6 at once on officials, it's not too bad if you have tribe mates that will help. 

If you don't care about imprinting, I think that dragons are easier then any other dino to breed. 

They start with about 1200 food, which means as soon as they hatch you can let them be for about 2-2 1/2 hours. but I would have a Dragon trap before you hatch, and do some dry runs on getting milk. after a day or two, strictly if you do not care about imprint, you can probably get away with leaving them for roughly 6 hours. But....if you do this you will need more milk when you get it.

With 6 dragons and everyone doing imprinting, we would usually collect 10 milk every 2 hours (has a 3 hour spoil with salt in preserving bin). 

Without us imprinting, we might have hatched 10, as they are so easy, but maybe not....they are huge lol and have took up our entire 10×30 dino pen...poor dinos

Basically at birth they are at 1200 food..

1200 divided by 60, then divided by 6 is your time before starvation. I'm working on a formula to add health to the equation as well.

So, at birth they have 3.3 hours until starvation. They do go into stasis as well, but I'm not sure how much slower the food drains. Anyone  figure out how much stasis helps us?

1 hour ago, madfretter said:

Basically at birth they are at 1200 food..

1200 divided by 60, then divided by 6 is your time before starvation. I'm working on a formula to add health to the equation as well.

So, at birth they have 3.3 hours until starvation. They do go into stasis as well, but I'm not sure how much slower the food drains. Anyone  figure out how much stasis helps us?

Thanks man. This is part of the reason i started this thread. I've seen some people say that a high level (152) wyvern can start with over 2000 max food, which would be 5.5 hours between feedings... Obviously that's a huge increase, and makes it much easier for the solo player. Can anyone confirm the highest starting food they've ever seen on a brand new wyvern?

2 minutes ago, TheKringle said:

Thanks man. This is part of the reason i started this thread. I've seen some people say that a high level (152) wyvern can start with over 2000 max food, which would be 5.5 hours between feedings... Obviously that's a huge increase, and makes it much easier for the solo player. Can anyone confirm the highest starting food they've ever seen on a brand new wyvern?

Yes, that is correct.... We hatched a 152 with 2300 food....  Honestly, for the time spent, I wouldn't bother raising anything under 100 lvl.  We have quite a bit of eggs and people on our server know that and keep trading us for the low level eggs.  I try to talk them out of it, but they think it'll be easier.

17 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Yes, that is correct.... We hatched a 152 with 2300 food....  Honestly, for the time spent, I wouldn't bother raising anything under 100 lvl.  We have quite a bit of eggs and people on our server know that and keep trading us for the low level eggs.  I try to talk them out of it, but they think it'll be easier.

Good to know, that's awesome. After each day, do you know how much the max food goes up? Any rough estimation is fine, i'm just trying to plan out the increases in away time each day. If food went up by even 200 each day, that's an extra half hour. Assumption time here: if your 152 baby started with 2300 out of his adult max of 6200 (average number of food levelups), that would mean his max would have to increase by almost 1000 per day, again, assuming a linear increase. So after 24 hours, it can go 9 hours without food. After day 2, it can go almost 12 hours, etc. 

I know the baby will still need to eat roughly 29 milks to get it to adulthood, it would just be really nice if I could time it to eat 2-3 milks at once, instead of drip feeding it 1 at a time. Trapping 10 wyverns sounds much better than 30.

This is what we saw with the 3 we raised, note that these were level 70 ish used as testing. They all survived with 100% imprinting. With a high level animal and food it would be much less. This other thing to remember is that the imprinting on these will also call for milk for imprinting and the imprinting does count as a feeding. I would suggest raising no more than 3 per feeding cycle... For example... Tomorrow we are hatching 9 wyverns  in sets of three with a 1 hour space between them... So at noon we'll use 3 milks and have 2 spares for the next round and so on.. we're doing it this way because we had milk spoil.

below is our first runs stats:

day  1 - 8 feedings

day 2  - 6 feedings

day 3 - 4 feedings

day 4 - 2 feedings

17 minutes ago, madfretter said:

This is what we saw with the 3 we raised, note that these were level 70 ish used as testing. They all survived with 100% imprinting. With a high level animal and food it would be much less. This other thing to remember is that the imprinting on these will also call for milk for imprinting and the imprinting does count as a feeding. I would suggest raising no more than 3 per feeding cycle... For example... Tomorrow we are hatching 9 wyverns  in sets of three with a 1 hour space between them... So at noon we'll use 3 milks and have 2 spares for the next round and so on.. we're doing it this way because we had milk spoil.

below is our first runs stats:

day  1 - 8 feedings

day 2  - 6 feedings

day 3 - 4 feedings

day 4 - 2 feedings

Awesome, thanks for the data. So I assume this could probably be lessened if you had max level babies. I'm planning on 2 at once, and i'll imprint if I can, but won't kill myself for it. I'm not gonna start until i have 2 level 140+ eggs

4 minutes ago, TheKringle said:

Awesome, thanks for the data. So I assume this could probably be lessened if you had max level babies. I'm planning on 2 at once, and i'll imprint if I can, but won't kill myself for it. I'm not gonna start until i have 2 level 140+ eggs

I would say raising  2 high level dragons would be about the most painless way to raise dragons.

57 minutes ago, madfretter said:

I would say raising  2 high level dragons would be about the most painless way to raise dragons.

Perfect, that's what I'm hoping. I may keep a time log or something along those lines and share after i'm done. I'll do the hatch on a Friday night (like 8 or so EST), which means they'll be like 60% grown when i head into work Monday morning. 

20 minutes ago, Hornedfrog85 said:

Can i ask with 100% imprints waht it the time between love?? I haven't started but if its like a rex say i won't bother with it 

Same time frame as with a Rex, but with a dragon, you kinda have to be there every 3-4 hours anyway, to feed. At least for the first 2 days, so you might as well imprint... It really increased the stats on them for us alot. upped health and stamina by a few hundred, raised melee 28% and added 180  lbs of carry weight... We compared stats with another tribe who hatched a dino 15 levels higher and ours beat it in every category except health.

30 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Same time frame as with a Rex, but with a dragon, you kinda have to be there every 3-4 hours anyway, to feed. At least for the first 2 days, so you might as well imprint... It really increased the stats on them for us alot. upped health and stamina by a few hundred, raised melee 28% and added 180  lbs of carry weight... We compared stats with another tribe who hatched a dino 15 levels higher and ours beat it in every category except health.

Ok thanks. Its gine.for the first day if i hatch it in the morning and do it throughout the day its the night thats the pointless bit some of us have jobs and kids lol. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Imprint timers are randomly generated between 3 and 4 hours. Each imprint give 4.5%. 100% / 4.5 = 22.22 rounded to 23 imprints required. Maturation is 92 hours and 34 minutes. In worst case, if your imprints are all generated to 4 hours, you will have 34 minutes spare (since 23 * 4 = 92). And in best case, if your imprints are all generated to 3 hours, you will have 23 hours and 34 minutes spare (since 23 * 3 = 69 - 92 = 23). So if you monitor your spare time each imprints (for example, you do the imprint and next one if in 3 hours 30 minutes you gain 30 minutes spare), you can get a full night on the third day without to worry about missing an imprint. As for the food, it drops 0.1 every seconds. So, <current food> / 0.1 = <seconds before it starve>. Additional info, to calculate the maturation progress, fill your baby with anything and do <current weight> * 100 / <max weight> which will give you % out of 92.54 hours maturation.

Good luck.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Multivitamin said:

@invincibleqc you don't need to fill it to see its current max weight. At the top of its inventory it will tell you what its current/max is and that is the current max. 

Yes, I know. I just never really used that number for unknown reason. Probably cause keeping them encumbered prevent them to flee if something is attacking so I got used to that method, idk. Thanks for the headsup tho.

Archived