Remove building on quetz platform

TheSpirit

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BigRed1227 said:

Beds, rexes, gigas, brontos, if they can provide place turrets then they will have eventually come down with a hatchet to destroy your walls. That's when you kill them. Place plant x inside....unless they destroy all your walls, then they can't do anything about it

You know there is a way to know if someone is online on PC... 

You can't destroy walls with hatchets, they are metal tier, but foundations are only stone tier. 

One thing you have to realize is that after plant x is gone there is no more defence, unless you are online. Now how many guys can you take on? 3? 5? 10? 
Not to mention that 80% of raids happen when all tribe is offline..

Then lets add catapult and balista. After plant x is gone you can get quetz as near as you want and kill ceilings, then plants that are inside.

There is a reason I said plant x is the only defence that matters. Not 1, not 10. 50-300 depending on base size. But enclosed quetz just makes these plants a 30 min delay before you can start breaking the base from foundations up.

Well what's the difference between placing a catapult on a platform vs on the ground just outside your base walls? It's mobile? Either way it will destroy your base. Orp server? Does p+ have those yet? You are right in the fact I don't know what it's like to play that game mode yet. I'll let you know once I do

10 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Well what's the difference between placing a catapult on a platform vs on the ground just outside your base walls? It's mobile? Either way it will destroy your base. Orp server? Does p+ have those yet? You are right in the fact I don't know what it's like to play that game mode yet. I'll let you know once I do

Yes, it's mobile. And you can skip the gates and go straight to main buildings. No ORP yet, I would really love that.  

On 8/31/2016 at 1:11 PM, TheSpirit said:

Platform saddles are allright, without them bases with no ground entrance would be indestructible. If possible, building foundations on saddles should be disabled until they fix building below the platform. If disabling foundation building is not possible, quetz platform saddle should be removed from P+ or now. 

There is no defence against quetz fully enclosed in foundations. This should not be a thing.

You can't shoot them with catapults? 

If they ruin quetzals by removing the ability to build the way you want, I'm glad my days are gearing down 

I have to agree, I am not one to complain about anything (I like to adapt and survive) but people can literally build a brick wall around their quetz using the saddle and they just have a flying brick box which can just drain all of a bases seed x and take alot of damage while swooping in and destroying everything you have spent months gathering lol.

Source: It happened to us and there was literally nothing we could do.

• 4 weeks later...

Best course of action would be to limit the structures that you can build on platforms, let walls/ramps/ceilings count as extra foundations so they will reach their structure limit before they can enclose the quetzal.

Or else make plant x deal X amount of damage per hit on structures, so those plants can eventually break the structures and eliminate the boxed quetzal. but this could also be easily abused as well. 

But boxed quetzals are being abused and theres not much you can do against them, especially if you're offline. 

I have a video of me draining 50+ x plants at once with my box quetz lol. Yes boxed quetzals are extremely cheap and since the update that makes plants shoot at boxed animals+drain fert it has been pretty OP. Before a certain update you could have a boxed animal and the plants would not shoot at it to waste their fert. Any base can be offline raided easy mode with a box quetz a plant with 500k fert takes only 30 mins to drain lol 

56 minutes ago, Colbeh said:

Best course of action would be to limit the structures that you can build on platforms, let walls/ramps/ceilings count as extra foundations so they will reach their structure limit before they can enclose the quetzal.

Or else make plant x deal X amount of damage per hit on structures, so those plants can eventually break the structures and eliminate the boxed quetzal. but this could also be easily abused as well. 

But boxed quetzals are being abused and theres not much you can do against them, especially if you're offline. 

The walls and stuff do count towards the structure limit, a quetz platform can only hold 44 of any type of structure

2 hours ago, darkfelt said:

Your turrets will get drained either way. Before the Quetz boxes it was turtles. If we lose quetz boxes, it will just go back to that or some other innovative build and the effect on your base will be the same. Either build a better base or go play PvE

Dude trust me the only way to stop box quetzals is the shoot the wings with guns other than that no way you build qill stop it from draining your plants only delay they by making them drain more until they can get in. My tribe has 4 boxed quetzals and 3 boxed paracers at the end we literally raid whoever we want, took out an entire tribes base in 30 mins the video is on my youtube

1 hour ago, Vita said:

no, all they need to do is make it so you cant build down or put ceilings underneath the quetz. I can box a quetz with about 20 structures

Only problem i see with that is for the use of ramps, a lot of people like to put ramps down so they can park dinos on the quetzal or to put an anky on there to farm materials (which i wouldn't mind if they got rid of that).  

I think everybody (even WC) agrees that making it impossible to build down from platform is the way to solve this problem. But until then there has to be a bandage solution to make defense at least probable. 

I would agree that making so that you can't build anything on platform would be the best of these solutions, as you can still put balista/catapult, can transport big animals etc. 

Now for those who say "suck it up there will always be ways to drain plant x"... Please, play the game then comment something constructive.

2 hours ago, TheSpirit said:

I think everybody (even WC) agrees that making it impossible to build down from platform is the way to solve this problem. But until then there has to be a bandage solution to make defense at least probable. 

I would agree that making so that you can't build anything on platform would be the best of these solutions, as you can still put balista/catapult, can transport big animals etc. 

Now for those who say "suck it up there will always be ways to drain plant x"... Please, play the game then comment something constructive.

I play the Game, but i play PvE and i have the same Rights as you. No building on Plattforms would solve your Problems, bot not mine, it would make me Problems. So rent your server, make your Decisions how to set it up and all is fine. I did the same and i want building on Plattform Saddles on my Server.

20 hours ago, Duffried said:

Kinda sick of seeing these type of threads. What do you think would happen if everyone who encountered an ingame feature they didn't like nor could overcome went crying to WIldecard to nerf it out of the game?

Sorry if I'm wrong, but isn't this game a pre releases? I believe we are supposed to give our feedback to the developers so they can eventually fix the overpowered features of the game and make it more balanced.

Please understand the point of a prerelease/alpha/beta game. Nothing is set in stone, they implement features in the game and they assume we will give feedback on whether we like it or not. So they in the future can rebalance it.

Based off your logic, if they introduced something in the game so extremely overpowered, it would be in everyone's best interest to keep that because we shouldnt nerf it?

23 hours ago, Askadiel said:

I play the Game, but i play PvE and i have the same Rights as you. No building on Plattforms would solve your Problems, bot not mine, it would make me Problems. So rent your server, make your Decisions how to set it up and all is fine. I did the same and i want building on Plattform Saddles on my Server.

No one is talking about PvE. I believe PvP and PvE are on different servers are they not? Server settings can be adjusted for each server can they not? THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE PvE, because the server settings are different. 
While WC actually implements what they say building on platforms has to be (which is not being able to build lower than the platform) we need a bandage solution so official PvP P+ populations don't hit the bottom (which they kinda already did).

On 10/8/2016 at 0:21 PM, Duffried said:

Kinda sick of seeing these type of threads. What do you think would happen if everyone who encountered an ingame feature they didn't like nor could overcome went crying to WIldecard to nerf it out of the game?

We would have P+ PvP official server populations of >10 people. 

But maybe that is it, maybe WC doesn't want people on officials. I don't know anymore. This one issue drove my server from 40+ people to less than 10. Not addressed in months. People who suffer from this exploit (which it is) are little tribes and solo players, the ones who don't see a problem are large tribes who don't want to make any effort to sustain their dominance by raiding. 

Archived