Remove building on quetz platform

TheSpirit

This is insanely overpowered in P+. Building around the quetz makes plant x mean nothing, but 30 min of delay on raiding. I have seen bases with 200+ shooting plant x raided buy just rotating two, encased in foundations, quetzes. 

Plant x should be prime defence in P+. It should also be harder to raid people than to defend your base. Now it's not the case. 

Edit: I suggest this as quick and easy fix until better fix is ready to go and can be implemented. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Platform saddles are allright, without them bases with no ground entrance would be indestructible. If possible, building foundations on saddles should be disabled until they fix building below the platform. If disabling foundation building is not possible, quetz platform saddle should be removed from P+ or now. 

There is no defence against quetz fully enclosed in foundations. This should not be a thing.

19 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

Um....no. this should not be a thing, you can still kill the quetz. Yes it's harder to do but with good aim you can shoot the head and eventually it will die. Armor crop plots are a thing, and they work. Look it up on YouTube 

Umm... When you are getting raided you are not raided by one guy on quetz, others will shoot you down way before you can shoot the quetz with all its points in life. Also most ppl take 2 or more quetz and switch them up to heal one and attack with other.

The problem is that quetz in foundations can soak up your plant x. Of course some plants hit, but it's enough to just farm meat and then sit with the quetz above 200 plant x, spam meat and you will drain all plants in 30 min. This is most ridiculous for offline raiding, but there is not much you can do while you are being online raided too. 

Plants in armor crop plots can sitll be destroyed by damaging them. But don't know why you bring them up, that is in no way relevant.

You know as well as I do that I'd wc removes building on platform saddles, they will do it across the board. Look what happened with the giga. People whined that they couldn't kill it and it was too op, so instead of finding a way to kill it or make their base harder to raid, they complained enough and it is now just a bigger version of the rex. It's exactly what you are trying to do. Complain enough or have a big enough thread for a bunch of people to whine on about platform builds, in the off chance that wc will take notice and yet again change something that was made to work the way it was implemented. Just like plant turrets and auto turrets on platforms. We can't use them anymore.

Here is a solution. Get a few quetzals of your own, and do the same back to them. Instead of complaining, take action and give it right back to them. This game is awsome but the laziness of people are astounding in that they aren't willing to put in the work and effort it takes to tame game changing dinos and learn from other people on how not to get raided. Or learn from previous mistakes

1 minute ago, BigRed1227 said:

You know as well as I do that I'd wc removes building on platform saddles, they will do it across the board. Look what happened with the giga. People whined that they couldn't kill it and it was too op, so instead of finding a way to kill it or make their base harder to raid, they complained enough and it is now just a bigger version of the rex. It's exactly what you are trying to do. Complain enough or have a big enough thread for a bunch of people to whine on about platform builds, in the off chance that wc will take notice and yet again change something that was made to work the way it was implemented. Just like plant turrets and auto turrets on platforms. We can't use them anymore.

Here is a solution. Get a few quetzals of your own, and do the same back to them. Instead of complaining, take action and give it right back to them. This game is awsome but the laziness of people are astounding in that they aren't willing to put in the work and effort it takes to tame game changing dinos and learn from other people on how not to get raided. Or learn from previous mistakes

wc said it was used "in a way they never intended or wanted" read the patch notes so you are simply wrong

11 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Yeah, this is an answer form someone who plays with big tribe and loves raiding. This is what I expected. Good job.

Now lets take this logic and use it on you. Remove building below quetz platforms (as WC intends to do) and then you put balista and catapult on your quetz. Go, don't be lazy, and farm for ammo for each plant x. Raiding should take by far more preparation than building good base. Making game easier to attackers instead of defenders is just moronic. 

And no they don't have to restrict stuff accross the board, because P+ has clear disadvantages in case of defence. Any bandage solution would be good, so servers don't loose small tribe population and P+ doesn't die.

5 minutes ago, chevalierknight said:

wc said it was used "in a way they never intended or wanted" read the patch notes so you are simply wrong

Well its the way it is being used now, period. Adapt and overcome. Not a hard concept. If they didn't want it to be like that then platforms should have never been implemented or at least not have snap points. It is what it is for now so deal or move to a dedicated server so delicate petunias won't be so whiney about it.

Dino gates and fertilizer aren't hard to produce,  especially if you have a few dung beetles. I'm on xbox, so p+ isn't out for me yet but from what I have researched, I can see that the defence would be much harder. I get your point I do, but instead of being wiped , be the first to attack. You just have to be prepared for retaliation. 

im talking about turrets on platforms being removed so no its not "being used now" so.... you said they intended turrets to be put on platforms and plant x spam with "intended but you guys conplained" but is wrong and shows you know nothing as wc come out and said it was unintened "PERIOD"

7 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Well its the way it is being used now, period. Adapt and overcome. Not a hard concept. If they didn't want it to be like that then platforms should have never been implemented or at least not have snap points. It is what it is for now so deal or move to a dedicated server so delicate petunias won't be so whiney about it.

1 minute ago, BigRed1227 said:

Dino gates and fertilizer aren't hard to produce,  especially if you have a few dung beetles. I'm on xbox, so p+ isn't out for me yet but from what I have researched, I can see that the defence would be much harder. I get your point I do, but instead of being wiped , be the first to attack. You just have to be prepared for retaliation. 

Haha. So you are just wasting time writting nonsense. 

"Be the first to attack". And then what? Be online 24/7 and scout so nobody tames a quetz and gets into your base? 
Enclosed quetz is all you need to get into a base. Any base (unless it's in a cave). Reinforced door is the best there is, best foundations can be damaged with metal tools. Only good defence is plant x. And quetz makes it useless. 

Get back to me when you have played the DLC you are commenting on.

2 minutes ago, chevalierknight said:

im talking about turrets on platforms being removed so no its "being used now" so.... you said they intended turrets to be put on platforms and plant x spam with "intended but you guys conplained" but is wrong and shows you know nothing as wc come out and said it was unintened "PERIOD"

Well turrets should be allowed on platforms, especially the catapult, ballista etc. How else are you going to tame a titan? Think about it before you act. Plant turrets, I'm iffy on and auto turrets , well, I think they should be allowed as well. All part of a strong defense and raid mechanics. This is how the game was played. But of course you got wiped a few times and now your pride is in the gutter because you didn't do it first.

3 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Well turrets should be allowed on platforms, especially the catapult, ballista etc. How else are you going to tame a titan? Think about it before you act. Plant turrets, I'm iffy on and auto turrets , well, I think they should be allowed as well. All part of a strong defense and raid mechanics. This is how the game was played. But of course you got wiped a few times and now your pride is in the gutter because you didn't do it first.

i dont care what you want wc has allready said it was bad and removed it

5 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Haha. So you are just wasting time writting nonsense. 

"Be the first to attack". And then what? Be online 24/7 and scout so nobody tames a quetz and gets into your base? 
Enclosed quetz is all you need to get into a base. Any base (unless it's in a cave). Reinforced door is the best there is, best foundations can be damaged with metal tools. Only good defence is plant x. And quetz makes it useless. 

Get back to me when you have played the DLC you are commenting on.

No its really not "nonsense" . Yes be the first to tame an argy, then tame a quetz, build a box and destroy the competition. Hey maybe you will become "alpha" on that server very early on. And yes you have to spend time on building a good defensible base while doing all of the above. Helps if you have friends....if you don't, then you shouldn't play pvp. If you are that hurt over it, then play pve or player dedi. There are other options

Just now, BigRed1227 said:

No its really not "nonsense" . Yes be the first to tame an argy, then tame a quetz, build a box and destroy the competition. Hey maybe you will become "alpha" on that server very early on. And yes you have to spend time on building a good defensible base while doing all of the above. Helps if you have friends....if you don't, then you shouldn't play pvp. If you are that hurt over it, then play pve or player dedi. There are other options

Yeah I seen people do that. THAT IS WHY IT'S A PROBLEM. 

There is 1 Official server left not run over by chinese, who play 24/7, have the quetz and "destroy the competition". Servers are dead. No new players can build, no one can access caves. Most mountains do not spawn metal anymore because of the foundations. 
If WC wants their servers to be owned by and played by one tribe, then they can ignore this. But I don't think that's the case.

Just now, TheSpirit said:

Yeah I seen people do that. THAT IS WHY IT'S A PROBLEM. 

There is 1 Official server left not run over by chinese, who play 24/7, have the quetz and "destroy the competition". Servers are dead. No new players can build, no one can access caves. Most mountains do not spawn metal anymore because of the foundations. 
If WC wants their servers to be owned by and played by one tribe, then they can ignore this. But I don't think that's the case.

Hey I get that too! I'm on your side about some of the exploits. The Chinese are a problem on servers but you gotta catch them early on. Deal with them real quick and with the entire server backing you, then you can wipe them. They are a virus that needs to be dealt with. But if you can get a few boxed quetzals of your own, wouldn't that turn the tide?

There should be no build zones around certain places as well. I get that too. The island has 3 major points for metal. You shouldn't be allowed to build on them. You shouldn't be allowed to block caves either, but that's why structures in caves take more damage. That's a bandaid on a real problem. I get it man but there are ways to combat problems

9 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Hey I get that too! I'm on your side about some of the exploits. The Chinese are a problem on servers but you gotta catch them early on. Deal with them real quick and with the entire server backing you, then you can wipe them. They are a virus that needs to be dealt with. But if you can get a few boxed quetzals of your own, wouldn't that turn the tide?

There should be no build zones around certain places as well. I get that too. The island has 3 major points for metal. You shouldn't be allowed to build on them. You shouldn't be allowed to block caves either, but that's why structures in caves take more damage. That's a bandaid on a real problem. I get it man but there are ways to combat problems

Yeah there are ways to combat problems. Remove the quetz platform from P+ for now. WC already goes around the servers saying you can't build around quetz and if you don't comply the quetz gets deleted. 
There is no need for a platform on P+. Only for exploits. 
Let's let WC fix the platform issues and then it can be back in the game. 

Your "destroy everything" and "kill before you are killed" concepts are really really short term solutions. Like one day your wipe the alpha, with like a 3-4 preparations and they are back up after 2 days. And you have nothing again. 

As I said. Get back to me when you actually played the DLC on official. I hope you get some chinese on there too, with their farm bots, aimbots, then see what you can do.

10 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

They can get the ban Hammer. Submit a ticket. Sorry but I don't see your logic on short term? Pvp IS kill or be killed. Raid and survive. With a mentality like that, it's no surprise you are getting wiped all the time. Go play pve

Submitted by anyone that we can manage to get to submit. You know customer support...

I got wiped first time in like 6-7 months of playing P+. I know how to build and I know how to not lose my stuff when I get wiped. 
This is not the problem. Attacks without any available form of defence is the problem. I can play pvp as I want, I should be able to turtle up in my base and defend myself without raiding anyone myself. 

If the point PvP is to attack after being attacked, what fun is that. PvP is about attacking AND defending. I love building impossible to raid bases, but I need the tools to do that. Now attackers have too much power and it should be the opposite. You should not raid so you can build your base, you should raid after enough preparations. Not when you tame 1 type of dino. 

2 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Submitted by anyone that we can manage to get to submit. You know customer support...

I got wiped first time in like 6-7 months of playing P+. I know how to build and I know how to not lose my stuff when I get wiped. 
This is not the problem. Attacks without any available form of defence is the problem. I can play pvp as I want, I should be able to turtle up in my base and defend myself without raiding anyone myself. 

If the point PvP is to attack after being attacked, what fun is that. PvP is about attacking AND defending. I love building impossible to raid bases, but I need the tools to do that. Now attackers have too much power and it should be the opposite. You should not raid so you can build your base, you should raid after enough preparations. Not when you tame 1 type of dino. 

Can a quetz destroy all structures in p+? 

Archived