DarthArkPrime Server Setting, Rules, and Primitive + Discussions

DarthArkPrime

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man. Love this. I am so in. My wife and I have been playing center with no flyers, and it has made the game amazing all over again! Great choices. 

Unfortunately the primitive+ mod is coming out for PC on the 28, not Xbox. So this makes me wonder, have you posted this in the xbox forum by mistake? Otherwise the Primitive + update will likely be 2-3 weeks after the PC update which happens ~July 28th. So if this is an Xbox server, (which I am hoping) it likely won't be able to live until ~mid August.

6 hours ago, DarthArkPrime said:

Wait what?  I read it was coming out for BOTH pc and Xbox July 28th!

Where can I read this update?  Server still gonna happen....I just need to get my dates correct if I have too.

Oh mea culpa. 

I haven't read that they were coming on the same date and the xbox update eta's haven't been listed yet. I assumed it would be like the other patches before and come a couple weeks after the PC update. So that was just on me, sorry!

So good news all around. I'll be there. I'll add you tonight.

OK.  I appreciate the feedback.  can you explain how no fliers cuts off the underground?

you cannot create ramps, stair system to compensate?

I'm open for all input.  Just I have found over the last year that all raids and existence really is air.  all the unique dino abilities and the sea go by the wayside.

8 Day bump by the way... ;)

2 hours ago, DarthArkPrime said:

got cha.  Got to friend them all!

idk about the caves, but the entire center "Floating Island" map would be cut off for MONTHS, even if people wanted to build a massive bridge, it would take FOREVER to go up and down the ramps to BELOW the island, and create massive pillars bigger then most of the mountains in the game to get a bridge to gap all the way to the floating island.

also I know there are a few cave ACCESS points in the air, however I think SOME of them at least have ground access as well. I think this is a great concept, but I also think it would be better on "the island" where it would ALL be accesable, as well as having much less lag and glitches, I find on the Center my dinos constantly fall through the map :/

I will send u a friend request and mail 2 let u know I have, I would like to join regardless of possible problems because it IS a very very good idea.

I have been on the fence when it comes to terror birds.  they don't exactly fly do they?

Feedback appreciated.

So much excitement for this premise.  I am so happy with the response.  Exploring the island from the ground, the dinos and their abilities, and depending on one another for protection are certainly highlights.

Can't forget to mention to see all the builds to make "easier".

Only a couple more days!

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:18 AM, DarthArkPrime said:

Hello, DarthArkPrime here,

Almost from the beginning, I created a server where people could play this game, and actually have fun, adventure, and excitement at every turn.  I had a great group of players from all over the world, and a wonderful group of admins / friends who made the experience worth all the time and frustration a server produces.

I started listening to prominent players with secret agendas, and got caught up in the all the hype that was the release of "The Center" map.  For that Im sorry.  Players took advantage during this time, and there was only so much I could do or time I could devote to the cause and correct the wrongs.  I decided to walk away for a bit, collect my thoughts about what I really wanted.  If you read this far, and the title of this post did not scare you off, then read on.

In 10 days (hopefully) the Primitive + Mod will be released, and with it, a return to a more basic, us vs. nature premise I always wanted.  And I know I am not alone.  Over the last couple weeks I have seen the inability from the developers to mount Plant X and auto cannons to mounts, especially Quetzs, for good reason.  Many servers provide instant gratification, no fuss, give me it all up front mentality. I have met players yearning for a tougher experience - not quite vanilla standard, but one with a personal touch.

So here it is ... 

x 1.5 XP, x 2.5 Gather/ Harvest, x 2.5 Tame.  All steps of breeding/hatching will be enhanced x2. No off line raiding (for now - this one is subject to change until we sustain comfortable numbers) Dino's Power will be enhanced x 2 (I want people to be scared) and NO FLYERS.  I cannot stress this one enough, NO FLYERS, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, CANT MAKE IT CLEARER THEN THAT, NO FREAKIN FLYERS MAN! (Until the game makes removing items from the game easier then it is now, simply do not choose the saddles) 

I want to return to a time when land based dinos and their abilities mattered. I mean - when was the last time any of you used the Ape to throw your azz over a wall?  Anyone?  Exactly. I want to see architect extremes to reach impossible reaches.   Boats will rule the seas, trade will be a true endeavor, and a necessity.  People will seek out other people for protection, trade, and get away from tribes - and create towns depending on one another for survival.

Post here with your interest, or message me privately for a invite.  The server will go up officially the day the mod goes public.  Please do not sign on before hand, because you will have everything you earned be wiped.

Lets grow together,  Im excited, are you?  

I actually do have 1 concern...admin logging will be enabled right? and what are the roles of any admins? will they play along? how will u make sure no one spawns anything? ive been in quite a few servers now where the admin/s say "we will not over power u" and yet they spawn in explosives and dinos.

1 hour ago, soggywetfish said:

Apparently its going to be a few weeks, You should set the server up on primitive mode until the proper primitive + comes out

As I like the rules for the server you were introducing. 

I agree, I've never played a primitive server so it would be nice to get a feel for it. I don't even care if the server had to be reset when the mod comes out, I just want to play something different then regular no rules ark.

guys, usually they say a time, then it comes out hours later, or a day or 2 late, I mean no offense, but that's been a theme since the beginning of ARK on PC lol and its translated here. be patient, it WILL come.

as for him setting it up on "primitive" there is no real way to do this that I know of on Xbox yet. that's one of the reasons this MOD is hugely anticipated.

Archived