"Easy raid, you're trash"

DeweyDecimal

LOL, kids these days. 

Playing on an unofficial sever, I had built up a 'base' two small metal buildings, surrounded by mostly stone walls on wooden fence foundations. It was enough to keep my dinos in, and wild dinos out, and that was all it was intended for. Our server is pretty friendly, and I never give anyone a reason to raid me. But these guys decided to come at my base when my tribemate picked one of their guys up, because it's an 'easy' target. 

They blew out some of the fences, killed off the passive egg-layers out of turret range, dropped turtles to drain bullets. 

My tribemate and I held our ground till they picked him up and took him to 'jail'

Half their tribe went to watch their prisoner, the rest stayed behind while I whistled aggressive.

Lost a lot of dinos that way, but pushed the enemies back out of the yard. The ridiculous number of ankylos (which my tribe always gives me a hard time about) proved more powerful than expected, two of them got kills in the frenzy, I'm sure the others hurt something.

In the end, a wall in my hatchery building had been breached, my kibble stockpiles were taken, and roughly half the eggs.

A friendly neighboring tribe had sent a lone sniper to assist, and she really annoyed my attackers, and saved what eggs she could. 

A quick patch job to keep my dinos in, and I was off on my argy, looking for the spot my tribemate had been taken. 

Two kills by the bird, 20 minutes later, they were moving 'the prisoner' to a more protected location, behind their walls, protected by turrets.

The 'easy raid' cost most of them their gear,  (got flak for days) and loads of explosives and bullets. They fired a minigun turret at my 150 bronto for a while, but only brought him down to half health before they gave up/ran out of ammo.

Moral of the story: Don't underestimate a base of wood and stone. It wasn't built to be defended, but that doesn't make it defenseless

On my unofficial, someone had this great idea to drain my photon turrets with 20+ beavers since my turrets did % Of Hp damage. The mod only allows 3 stacks of ammo x 100, and 300 shots went by quicker than I thought. I think there was atleast 20 beavers, was probably more but idk, I didn't count them. I just kept laughing at all these beavers running everywhere ontop of my base where i had 10 photon turrets lol. Im thinking of taming/breeding a CRAP ton of dodos to do the same thing. With %HP damage, it doesnt matter what you throw at the turrets right? So 5hp dodos will work as effectively as 500khp gigas.

Archived