sparcmx

I can't get this to work. When I attempt to run the *.exe file, i get the spinning circle mouse cursor for approximately 2 seconds, then it disappears and nothing happens. The program doesn't show in my process list either. I tried running it through CMD to see if it would spit out any errors to the console and nothing there either.

I'm running Win 8.1 currently.

Any suggestions? 

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Axenation said:

I can't get this to work. When I attempt to run the *.exe file, i get the spinning circle mouse cursor for approximately 2 seconds, then it disappears and nothing happens. The program doesn't show in my process list either. I tried running it through CMD to see if it would spit out any errors to the console and nothing there either.

I'm running Win 8.1 currently.

Any suggestions? 

There's a couple of things you can do, 1st have you tried running 'As Administrator'? and 2nd can you check your EventLog / Applications, if Commander is faulting there should be an entry.  Can you Pvt message the details to me and I'll investigate :ph34r:

4 hours ago, sparcmx said:

:Stamina:
Updated the Entity/Dino table:
- Giant Beaver
- Giant Beaver Saddle
- Handcuffs

I know it's likely a different process than just adding items, but maybe it isn't. Can we have the dino overhaul dino and item spawns entered? There are a lot of them and it's a popular mod, but I am gonna hate having browser windows up so I can see the list if needed for my server. I am linking the doc and lists I found, but idk if it's 100% current, or if the 2 dino ones have overlaps or not, since one had way more than the other lol Figure this could save you a ton of work having it all here. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jE9SB1OeuUXsXVdNPLguWrGScOFaXOSWmArUZd-NCVo/edit#gid=0   

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/485826143/517142892063067070/   

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/485826143/481115363871826384/

6 hours ago, EliteGamer11388 said:

I know it's likely a different process than just adding items, but maybe it isn't. Can we have the dino overhaul dino and item spawns entered? There are a lot of them and it's a popular mod, but I am gonna hate having browser windows up so I can see the list if needed for my server. I am linking the doc and lists I found, but idk if it's 100% current, or if the 2 dino ones have overlaps or not, since one had way more than the other lol Figure this could save you a ton of work having it all here. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jE9SB1OeuUXsXVdNPLguWrGScOFaXOSWmArUZd-NCVo/edit#gid=0   

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/485826143/517142892063067070/   

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/485826143/481115363871826384/

MODs are confined to just the items at this stage, I'll need to work in a new Tab for Mod Dinos.  I'll add this to the list O.o

A new upcoming feature currently in testing is Commander console.  It allows you to run the game in "Windowed Fullscreen" mode, Commander will descend with the full-size console when you press "Tab".  Seems to work quite well and is starting to become my preference!

ARKWindowedOrNot.png.929bd470d066307f1f6               What do you think?

41 minutes ago, sparcmx said:

A new upcoming feature currently in testing is Commander console.  It allows you to run the game in "Windowed Fullscreen" mode, Commander will descend with the full-size console when you press "Tab".  Seems to work quite well and is starting to become my preference!

ARKWindowedOrNot.png.929bd470d066307f1f6               What do you think?

The picture is tiny when clicked, but opening in a new window makes it slightly bigger, from what I can see it's awesome!!! So tab would both open console AND pull ArkCommander down? Awesome :)

38 minutes ago, EliteGamer11388 said:

The picture is tiny when clicked, but opening in a new window makes it slightly bigger, from what I can see it's awesome!!! So tab would both open console AND pull ArkCommander down? Awesome :)

Didn't want to give away too much ;) the interface will probably change a lot, either way it feels as if Commander is apart of ARK.

Hello I have been using ark commander for a couple weeks and the other day I logged in and found all of my custom commands that did not contain the letter "F" were gone. I am guessing this is some how related to searching for one of my teleport commands to a play who's name started with F and maybe leaving it open It some how deleted all the others.  I have since started repopulating my teleport tab but I thought you might like to know about it. Sorry if this is too little information to be useful but I would be wary of closing the program with a search open.

13 hours ago, Thunderpaw said:

Hello I have been using ark commander for a couple weeks and the other day I logged in and found all of my custom commands that did not contain the letter "F" were gone. I am guessing this is some how related to searching for one of my teleport commands to a play who's name started with F and maybe leaving it open It some how deleted all the others.  I have since started repopulating my teleport tab but I thought you might like to know about it. Sorry if this is too little information to be useful but I would be wary of closing the program with a search open.

Thanks for pointing that out Thunderpaw, I've taken a look at that part of the code and have a solution to prevent it happening again.  

Hi I just found out about Ark Commander, and it seems really awesome, and I can't wait to try it.

Another mod that I have been playing with and might help builders is the No Collision Structures Mod ID# 632091170. This will add seperate foundation, floors, walls ceilings, etc that will say NC on the title. This can help when you are trying to place a structure but cannot. You can essentially build into the side of rock or terrain and it lets you place the structures. 

Here is the mod link to check it out. 

• sparcmx changed the title to Commander 1.1.2

Archived