Removing specific dinosaurs from a SP game

satch4684

this is what I've added to the game.ini in WindowsNoEditor that, if working, seems to be the most straightforward way to do this:

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=DinoNameTag="Gigant",SpawnWeightMultiplier=0,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=True,SpawnLimitPercentage=0
DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=DinoNameTag="Titanosaur",SpawnWeightMultiplier=0,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=True,SpawnLimitPercentage=0
DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=DinoNameTag="MegaCarno",SpawnWeightMultiplier=0,OverrideSpwnLimitPercentage=True,SpawnLimitPercentage=0
DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=DinoNameTag="MegaRaptor",SpawnWeightMultiplier=0,OverrideSpwnLimitPercentage=True,SpawnLimitPercentage=0
DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=DinoNameTag="MegaRex",SpawnWeightMultiplier=0,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=True,SpawnLimitPercentage=0

So I should have No more Titanos, Gigas, and alphas in my game, right? Where I learned this command, seems to show the short name being used instead of the whole entity ID like MegaRex_Character_BP_C  for example. Plz if someone could share some insight on this I would really appreciate it, I've been trying to remove these since I started playing. I know that DestroyWildDinos needs to be used after entering, I just haven't confirmed if this does work at all or not...

alright thanks,  I'll take that into consideration, and use that more specific command for gigas, alphas, etc......all the ones I am try to remove.

They are all rare to begin with so might take some time before I can find out if this is working or not, was hoping someone might be familiar with the script I'm trying, perhaps can confirm it is legit. Another thing is removing the Alpha Mosasaur maybe different if these do work. Because the entity ID for him does not contain 'MegaMosa' as one would expect...

Can I ask why you aren't using NPCReplacement?  From what I have read it will work with Singleplayer but I could be wrong.  This code goes in the game.ini file.  Make sure you have ark closed obviously and then save this line. 

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Dodo_Character_BP_C")

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Baron334 said:

Can I ask why you aren't using NPCReplacement?  From what I have read it will work with Singleplayer but I could be wrong.  This code goes in the game.ini file.  Make sure you have ark closed obviously and then save this line. 

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Dodo_Character_BP_C")

You just have to edit the right one(I am assuming there are 2 for SP as there are two for MP/Server).  I just don't know remember the directory structure for SP; but my guess is to NOT use the game.ini in any directory that has "clean' in its name.

I've been trying this for a long time, and it never worked, did I try replacing? Can't remember, probably. Frustrates me too, why does there need to be a replacement? Spawns seem too much as it is, there should be a simple command that just means "this creature will no longer spawn".   But I will certainly try your commands this time for replacement if the ones I just put in prove to not work. I kinda suspect they will not. 

game.ini that has 'clean' in its name I don't know at all what you mean by that, honestly. I do know the 'WindowsNoEditor' is the single player folder (C:\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config) while the 'WindowsServer' is for multiplayer.

I guess by two there is Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini        Further confusing is I don't know which one to use, and if it happens to be GameUserSettings, then you have to make sure you add [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]  section in the right place. its like impossible to figure out

1 hour ago, satch4684 said:

Frustrates me too, why does there need to be a replacement? Spawns seem too much as it is, there should be a simple command that just means "this creature will no longer spawn".  

You don't have to specify a replacement. Just leave the ToClassName quotes empty, so:

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="") 

That's how I do mine. I don't have Gigas, snakes, leeches or Alphas in my SP game. And I agree with you that there are too many dinos. I have the dino count multiplier reduced to 75%. On the Center, 50% works well for me but The Island needs it higher or it gets too empty.

2 hours ago, Mahnogard said:

You don't have to specify a replacement. Just leave the ToClassName quotes empty, so:

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="") 

That's how I do mine. I don't have Gigas, snakes, leeches or Alphas in my SP game. And I agree with you that there are too many dinos. I have the dino count multiplier reduced to 75%. On the Center, 50% works well for me but The Island needs it higher or it gets too empty.

Okay thanks very much and thanks all for replies this well be helpful to achieve what I want.   I'm tempted to use this to remove a LOT of creatures, at this point, I think I will do your dino multipler as well, I am sure that setting must be in GameUserSettings.ini

And should I still do this the same way as my original post? Go in the game.ini (not gameusersettings) and [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] typed above the replacing dinos codes?

3 hours ago, satch4684 said:

Okay thanks very much and thanks all for replies this well be helpful to achieve what I want.   I'm tempted to use this to remove a LOT of creatures, at this point, I think I will do your dino multipler as well, I am sure that setting must be in GameUserSettings.ini

And should I still do this the same way as my original post? Go in the game.ini (not gameusersettings) and [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] typed above the replacing dinos codes?

The dino multiplier goes under server settings in gameusersettings.ini as such:

DinoCountMultiplier=.75

I recommend going low then increasing as needed, because you have to use DestroyWildDinos command in console to reduce within a reasonable time. (Otherwise you have to wait till they die on their own, which takes ages.) If you increase, you only need to let it load up and "catch up" to the new population numbers.

A handy console command is 

SetCheatPlayer true

It displays the current dino count and updates as it changes, among other useful info. Just run it again but with "false" to turn it off.

And yes, your dino replacements (or non-replacements, as the case may be) go as you stated in your original post, in game.ini.

I am hoping to make it feel a bit more realistic as a SP survival dinosaur game, I tried multiplayer so at least I could say I did, it's just not for me as I suspected. No way. Really this just entails reducing spawns a LOT (feels like an mmo with thousands of creatures at every turn) and removing some of the creatures. The harvest amount slider is up to max, so lower spawn would not hurt that problem much at all, I have meat for months as is, lol.

I'm tempted to start anew this way, having the xp multiplier also increased might make the early levels go quick enough anyway. Again thanks for helping me with all this

• 9 months later...

Archived