Do turkeys only spawn during the active event?

I missed the turkey trials so I installed the mod (single player) to play it for a bit but I havent seen any turkeys spawn. I have seen colored animals but I havent found any event recipes in the cooking pot either. It SAYS turkey trials somewhere though (I think its when I pause the game). I am just not sure if it will keep spawning the turkeys since the actual event is over. Thanks for any input!

I'm in Official but stopped since mid-January hoping for some improvement, given the recent "deteriorations" I decided a few days ago to try for the first time to join a Friend on Modded Server, yesterday I exterminated three Turkeys. Its a Nitrado hosted server but I think Turkey is part of Discovery World, I'm not sure about this because I've never used Mods but it doesn't have Event Mods active.

Edit: Correction of Mod's name

Edited by CervantesMor

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 10:15 AM, CervantesMor said:

I'm in Official but stopped since mid-January hoping for some improvement, given the recent "deteriorations" I decided a few days ago to try for the first time to join a Friend on Modded Server, yesterday I exterminated three Turkeys. Its a Nitrado hosted server but I think Turkey is part of Discovery World, I'm not sure about this because I've never used Mods but it doesn't have Event Mods active.

Edit: Correction of Mod's name

Thank you! I am going to add the easter event now because I have always loved the colors lol