ASE Allow friends and family into my single player game

KA19

• KA19 changed the title to ASE Allow friends and family into my single player game

If on a console, you can run that world as non-dedicated instead and invite people in.  I played that way initially with my son who was on a PC.  I could only get him in if I left it public (even though I invite him).  So beware of random people joining.  You may want to restrict transferring in characters and dinos.  Early on, I was in my game and suddenly got killed by a level 100+ person.  Learned my lesson.

I actually found lil later this guide here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689712529 that tells how exactly to do almost that on PC

Curious how to setup ASE Dedicated server on Linux without SteamCmd now (I never used Steam, kinda try to avoid it), but maybe Non-Dedicated would just do the job, testing lil later...

Thanks for warning about transfers. I'm yet to learn how PvP in Ark work - but probably we can password-protect it somehow for nice and comfy immersion game at our journey beginning

Quick question: my sister is on Mac and I'm on PC, can this work?