ark ascended Trouble Saving in Ascended (and I'm losing items in the process)

SteinMon1920518

As stated in the name, my Ark Ascended file is having issues saving, and when I load in, I and my dinos load in exactly where I saved from previously, but the entire world is reloaded from the previous exit save (any levels and experience I gain are reverted in the process, and any work I've done is gone, including building, crafting, and gathering), with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I've tried saving multiple times to fix this, but it doesn't seem to help. In addition, while I haven't done excessive testing, all the silica pearls I collect are disappearing every time I reload, as well as any items I craft that use silica pearls. I've lost several ascendant scuba items and all my electronics multiple times just trying leave the game for a break, and coming back later. Storing in dinos doesn't preserve said items.

And for some added flavor, a Procoptodon I recently tamed reloaded in, and now won't let me access it's inventory to put a saddle on it or feed it.

Constructive advise is appreciated since I'm at a loss. I'm playing Single-Player if that helps at all.

I have not bought ASA yet and am still playing ASE.  But, I have seen prior threads on your issue and read many XBOX reviews stating your issue.  The only remedy I have read is to run the admin command "admincheat destroywilddinos" prior to "admincheat saveworld" to force the save.  Someone actually playing SP ASA can correct me.

I am having this issue on ASA xbox single player as well. Makes me nervous to make any actual progress. Havent noticed or discovered any fixes. Also I had to wipe my save because I encountered a bug with wood ceilings where it wouldn't end up in inventory anywhere when crafted. After attempting a copious amount they started appearing but my weight registered all the previous attempts but I couldn't clear it. Couldn't play without creative mode at that point. 

Very frustrating.

I am getting the same, there times it does not save the progress of the game at all, from inventories of characters/dinos would be missing items sometimes from partial to the previous save. Even placed items would disappear, floors, ceilings etc would be gone, in the same way completely out of order no rhyme or reason just randomly. So it sounds like to me the save is faling in midst of saving.

One way that is working for me to save progress is to die(implant death), respawn at bed, grab death bag(if I don't sometimes I loose loot), type the admin cheat destroywilddinos, type the admin cheat saveworld (I do this twice because it's hard to tell if the first does anything). 

Edited by BarkVenom
More details

On 12/15/2023 at 12:57 AM, happyanchovies said:

Using the command destroywilddinos does temporarily fix this save issue as it seems to be related to a dino overflow issue (check 50 50 on your map, will probly find a bunch of dinos falling from the sky). But eventually saves will fail again so we need a permanent fix from wildcard asap.

Even that does not work for me. I have no way to save my game in Single player on Xbox series x.

On 12/15/2023 at 12:17 AM, Bumble90 said:

I am having this issue on ASA xbox single player as well. Makes me nervous to make any actual progress. Havent noticed or discovered any fixes. Also I had to wipe my save because I encountered a bug with wood ceilings where it wouldn't end up in inventory anywhere when crafted. After attempting a copious amount they started appearing but my weight registered all the previous attempts but I couldn't clear it. Couldn't play without creative mode at that point. 

Very frustrating.

Have you tried killing your character and respawning? Even if you can't retrieve the glitched items from your corpse that would at least empty the inventory for your respawned character. 

The real question everyone should be asking is not "how can we get around this," it's why won't the devs even acknowledge the problem or give us assurance that they are trying to resolve it. Ignoring the problem and not talking about it, Wildcard, only gives rise to dissension, disgust, and displeasure with your product. I'm not sure why any of us, your loyal customers, continue to support you!

• Thanks 1

I load my single player in ark survival ascended and i was teleported with a foundation and my storage to a random loacation in a ball of wild dinos along with a couple of my tames. Along with some some of my tames I had tamed but they was knocked out but not tamed where they was last time, my tribe log shows everything that I had done but no progress to show. Some of my tamed dinos are now wild where I found them originally. Games almost unplayable.

Edited by Hayezboy

I’ve just posted my own story relating to save game issues. I have done dino wipes, force saves, killed myself in different ways, deleted my save game after clearing the reserve space, and it looks like I’ll be doing it again. i’m on Xbox so there’s no way I can load a previous save, I had a similar problem on ASE a few years ago, different topic, so the only fix I can see for me is fully wipe all game data and play anything else but ark until they fix the issue that is ASA

I have been wiping the save flies for a few days and it was working. However this has also stopped working for me now. 
I did wonder if it had something to do with the reserved space on the console. The last few times is wiped it, there was over 1000MB of space used, which is double all the space my ASE game had used, however it is currently using less that 300MB after the last wipe.

im now refusing to play as it is just stressing me out. I’ll give it a few more days and see if they patch something, or if someone works something else out before I start over again. At this point I’ll be going back to ASE to get my ARK fix.

I also have had this issue (Xbox Singleplayer) - I lost about 8 hours of gameplay and none of the console commands that have been recommended work. Can’t save at all, and can’t progress. I unfortunately cannot play this game, and it saddens me because I love Ark. Please, Wildcard, make this bug a priority. There is literally a fairly large chunk of your audience that cannot enjoy your game.