Server Issues After Last Update

avrignaud

As title says, just received an update to ARK Survival Ascended on Xbox, and I can no longer connect to my previously working dedicated server. The only thing I can think of is that the "Xbox Only Online Servers" checkbox option is checked, but the whole field is also greyed out so I can't uncheck it (and hence be able to see PC dedicated servers). Anyone else have this happen to them, or have any ideas on how to fix? Thanks!

Update: For those who might hit this, it looks like the issue was that I wasn't running the latest server version (32.12). This was a surprise since the batch file that launches the server checks for an update first. However, it looks like it doesn't pause and let that update finish - it launches the check, then launches the server immediately after. And I'm guessing the server running causes the update process that's already happening in background to fail. Simply updating server manually, then running the server fixed everything.

1 hour ago, avrignaud said:

Update: For those who might hit this, it looks like the issue was that I wasn't running the latest server version (32.12). This was a surprise since the batch file that launches the server checks for an update first. However, it looks like it doesn't pause and let that update finish - it launches the check, then launches the server immediately after. And I'm guessing the server running causes the update process that's already happening in background to fail. Simply updating server manually, then running the server fixed everything.

Xbox and Windows builds currently have a bug where they default with Xbox Multiplayer Only enabled and you can't uncheck it unless you leave the session list and enter a second time. So to get around a bug where you aren't seeing servers on Xbox, exit out of the Join Session list, re-enter it and then disable the "Xbox-Only Multiplayer" button. Be sure to hit refresh!

1 hour ago, avrignaud said:

i'm having the same issue, cant acces server, doesnt show up after. i'm unsure how to update my server manually. i have the batch file and the other folders, would you be able to help me with this?

16 hours ago, raxus said:

Xbox and Windows builds currently have a bug where they default with Xbox Multiplayer Only enabled and you can't uncheck it unless you leave the session list and enter a second time. So to get around a bug where you aren't seeing servers on Xbox, exit out of the Join Session list, re-enter it and then disable the "Xbox-Only Multiplayer" button. Be sure to hit refresh!

What if this doesn't work?  I've exited session list so many times, came back, and the button is still greyed out and you cannot uncheck the box

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Server Issues After Last Update

it would not update via steacmd so i did this 

E:\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +force_install_dir ..\Server\ +login anonymous +app_update 2430930 validate +quit

change the server to the .exe of the server so mine was 

E:\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +force_install_dir ..\E:\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Ascended Dedicated Server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ +login anonymous +app_update 2430930 validate +quit

it forced the game to update to the current version 32.12

hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, KingBiggDaddy said:

I'm still having issues  my server is showing version 33.15 and no matter how I update it will not update to 33.18 which is what is shows in game  been trying for hours

Some server updates are for official only. I didn't even bother with this one. The patch notes just say 'Performance Optimization' which means it's probably designed for the large populations that official servers get.

• 1 month later...

Some of Mods actually stopped working after this so called updated lol. The custom stuff they added was kinda cool, but what ever they did in the Update Stopped the building mods from working (sad Panda) The RR mods won't work can't place them they disappear and can no longer click on the engrams to learn them. Also the building mods won't work they disappear when trying to place them.

The community whose server i play on has been stuck in a restart loop for 2 days and before that would randomly crash anything from 15 mins of play to 2 hours of play. I see nothing from Wildcard about this but hey that i expect but tickets were made with Nitrado 3 days ago and still nothing has come back this does not bode well for the future.