Hatched Baby Stats

DinoFan

I'm trying to mutate deinonychus to improve health and melee.  I want to calculate what health and melee stat values will be for a freshly hatched baby with selected stat levels.  So, no imprinting or levels applied after growing up.

Right now, my mutated male has a health level of 41.  I thought the equation was simply base + (level * increase-per-wild-level).  That seems to work fine for health, as that is 200 + (41 * 40) = 1840, which is exactly how much health mine have upon hatching.

However, melee doesn't fit this simple equation.  My male has melee at level 55.  According to the Ark wiki, the base melee is 30 with an increase-per-wild-level of 1.5.  That would make the melee amount 30 + (55 * 1.5) = 112.5, which is 375% of the base value of 30.  Yet, my baby deino shows melee is 449.2%, again just hatched and without imprinting.

I tried to look this up on the Ark wiki.  It claims the formula for dino stats is:

V = (B × (1 + Lw × Iw × IwM) × TBHM × (1 + IB × 0.2 × IBM) + Ta × TaM) × (1 + TE × Tm × TmM) × (1 + Ld × Id × IdM)

But...

• The wiki says IwM is always 1 on official servers.  My dinos are ones I re-created based on ones I had on an official server.
  • TBHM is for health only, and is generally 1 for most dinos.
  • IB is the imprinting bonus.  Since I am not imprinting, that is 0.
  • I'm not taming a wild dino.  So, I'm guessing TE (taming efficiency) is 0.
  • Since, I am not adding any levels after adult-hood, Ld=0.

The above values substituted in make the equation:

V = (B × (1 + Lw × Iw × 1) × 1 × (1 + 0) + Ta × TaM) × (1 + 0) × (1 + 0)

Or:

V = (B × (1 + Lw × Iw ) + Ta × TaM)

The wiki states that Ta is the Taming Bonus Additive, which is 7% for deino melee.

The wiki says TaM is the Taming Bonus Multiplicative and is 17.6% for deino melee.

But, the way those parens are located, the "Ta x TaM" product is not then multiplied to anything.  That tiny value is added to the first part.  That adds a very tiny amount that is rounded off.  Is there a typo in the wiki's formula?

Also, the first part of the formula is doing B x (1 + Lw x Iw) which expands to B + (B x Lw x Iw) whereas I was doing B + (Lw x Iw).  I'm not multiplying the amount gained from levels by the base.  The wiki formula produces a value of 2505 which would be 8350% melee and obviously not right.

Dododex starts with a base of 100 melee and adds 5 every level you put in it.  If you put in a melee level of 55, Dododex gives 375, which oddly matches my formula.

I notice that what my baby actually has in the game is 20% more than my formula (and Dododex) calculates.  It must be that I am not using Ta and TaM values, as they are for something.

Please help or point me to an app or online calculator that can do this!

Edited by DinoFan

On 12/4/2023 at 6:17 PM, DinoFan said:

Please help or point me to an app or online calculator that can do this!

You can try looking at the stats calculator on Dododex, but honestly you're making things overly complicated for yourself (which is ARK's fault, not yours). ARK has a long standing problem that sometimes the baby percentage numbers show up wrong even if the levels are right, which will work itself out after the baby finishes growing up and then a server restart after it's done. So the only way you're going to know what those percentages look like is to wait until it finishes maturing and then restarting your server (or your local/host game, whichever you're playing). I'm not saying this happens a lot and it doesn't even happen with every species. In the meanwhile, the levels will be accurate from the moment it's born, so if you use a magnifying glass or a modded spyglass you can hatch it, claim it, look at the levels and you'll immediately know whether the baby inherited from the father or mother, no waiting needed. This is not a universal problem, obviously it doesn't happen to every dino, and probably doesn't even happen to every species, but it happens often enough that you don't want to waste time trying to verify final stats during your breeding process.

The only thing that really matters is levels, and you can tell how many levels it got immediately upon birth. Using levels instead of stats will make your life easier.

My original post was quite long.  So, I perhaps muddied the waters. But, to clarify...   This is not an issue of hatched baby having temporary incorrect stats.  I have raised them to maturity and they still have the same stats.  This is true for official and SP.  Dododex does NOT have correct melee for raised dinos.  I know the levels, as stated in my earlier post.  They are easy to see in incubator when hatching the eggs.  Current deino melee stat is 55 and the resulting melee value is 449.2% without imprinting.  I'm trying to figure out the formula used to go from level -> value for each stat so that I can pick a higher stat level and see the resulting stat value.  But, I can't figure out the formula.  Does anyone know the formula that makes 55 melee level result in 449.2% melee for deino which has base melee of 30 damage?

13 hours ago, DinoFan said:

My original post was quite long.  So, I perhaps muddied the waters. But, to clarify...   This is not an issue of hatched baby having temporary incorrect stats.  I have raised them to maturity and they still have the same stats.  This is true for official and SP.  Dododex does NOT have correct melee for raised dinos.  I know the levels, as stated in my earlier post.  They are easy to see in incubator when hatching the eggs.  Current deino melee stat is 55 and the resulting melee value is 449.2% without imprinting.  I'm trying to figure out the formula used to go from level -> value for each stat so that I can pick a higher stat level and see the resulting stat value.  But, I can't figure out the formula.  Does anyone know the formula that makes 55 melee level result in 449.2% melee for deino which has base melee of 30 damage?

What you want to do is implemented in Ark Smart Breeding, in the tab "Stat Testing".

In the case of the deino, a 0 damage points hatched deino would be 125.8% dmg, a 55 damage points hatched deino would be 449.2%. From here you can calculate how much % dmg it gains per level:

449.2 - 125.8 ~= 323.4 <- total % damage gained with levels

Divide then by the number of levels applied:
323.4 / 55 ~= 5.88 <- % dmg gained per level

449.2 + 5.88 = 455.08 == 455.1% <- rounded, this is the stat that you will see ingame for 56 dmg points.

Bear in mind that the decimals are rounded in ark hud, so the calcs are not perfect accurate. I would just dont re-invent the wheel and would give it a try to ASB which fits perfectly with what you trying to do.

deino1.png

Thank you for the reply!  I had occurred to me yesterday that I should spawn some dinos of various melee levels and observe their melee stat values.  I used SpawnExactDino and left all other stats at 0 and set melee to the desired level.  The overall dino level is then that plus one.  I left imprint quality at 0.  You have to cryo and un-cryo after spawn to see real stat values.  I then added a saddle and hit a training dummy.  Here is what I observed:

M Lvl     M Stat      Damage
   0         125.8%       37.750
 31         308.1%       92.434
 55         449.2%    134.760
100        713.8%     214.140

Those damage values are indeed the respective melee stat multiplied by a base damage of 30.

The stat value difference between 100 and 0 is indeed 5.88% per level as you stated above.  5.88% of 30 is a wild level addition of 1.764 damage, NOT 1.5 as the wiki states. So, that is a big part of why my calculation was off.  Using that value, my calculation says a 55 melee deino would have 423.4% melee.  That is 25.8% short, which is exactly the extra starting melee of the deino, something I was unaware of.

Anyway, thanks again!

I just realized that TaM (the Taming Multiplicative) of 17.6% times the wiki's wild per-level increase of 1.5 equals 1.764.  So, I guess that is how TaM is used. But, I have no idea how the Ta (Taming Additive) of 7% results in the initial 25.8% increase for a wild with melee lvl 0.   Maybe that Ta value on the wiki is just wrong for deino.