Suggestion to end pillaring and land claiming problems

Blackmage2015

Suggestion

To prevent large land grabs from mega tribes early on having a system that keeps players from stealing the whole map would be nice. 
maybe some sort of beacon land claiming item place it down and you can claim plots around it 8x8 foundations wide and 8 walls high as you progress in levels you gain more plots to claim land with.  Eventually earning additional beacons and the ability to claim large sections of land.

beacon will claim the first 8x8x8 section of land then the player can connect additional plots on it extending it out in any direction they would like. Up to however many plots they have available. 

building outside of beacons will stay for up to 7 days but at any given time players can demolish unprotected builds. 

beacons give a natural buffer zone around the claimed land (distance to be determined) players will not be able to build in that zone next to you. However if you want to disable the buffer zone there will be an option in your beacon menu. Just click and move slider to reduce buffer zone or disable it all together players choice.

What about the traveling survivor how to protect yourself. Place a campfire down to claim an 8x8x8 area of land big enough to build a small shelter and it will stay for up to however long it burns for. 

items list: 

land claiming stick: allows adding and removing plots from your beaconed area

Campfire 🔥: claims 8x8x8 section of land and as long as it is lit you will have land protection in that area. Stays lit for 24 hours on full fuel players can only have three active campfire claims at a time.

beacons: claim 8x8x8 section of land and player can add more land plots to it expanding there build zone area. Beacons have functional ui that give player’s options example:

1. Slider to reduce no build zone around claimed land

2. options to remove machine noises in build.

3. Toggle to allow pvp in build zone

4. Whitelist (player name) give perms to player for 

1.machine use

2. Open chests

3. Build in claimed area

4. Harvest crops in claimed Zone

5. And more

each option will have individual toggles on/off/everybody 

5. Toggle claim map see your claimed plots. Also works while holding claiming stick. 

6. change owner players will be able to give there whole beacon to anyone else will be 10 character password protected 

How to get more plots:

player will start off with some plots already and will earn additional plots each time they level. 
When player reaches max level they will still be able to do + levels for additional plots. Basically like hitting lv 105 over and over again. Or if that’s to grindy then maybe like live 50 over and over again as to. Not make plots to hard to get. 

Idk 🤷‍♂️ just a thought something to keep people from scooping up the whole map.  

Edited by Blackmage2015
  • Like 1

6 replies to this server topic

For the past three weeks, I've been playing on an official PVE server. Now someone decides to build a small thatch hut only 50 meters from my base, making it impossible for me to finish my ceiling. The current claim radius is too limited and now I can't place a ceiling over a floor I've already placed days ago. I'm not building near any special areas like caves or any place that has any good resources, I'm building on the south side of the island. Some players purposefully ruining the experience for others who just want to enjoy the game. There's got to be a better balance here that allows everyone to play without constantly running into these frustrating situations. Please extend the claim radius or at least fix the decay system. 

I login to a server to find my base that is only 6 foundations long is surrounded by another tribes pillars.  I literally cant place one more foundation or wall or expand my 6 foundation base at all.

To fix this all you have to do is add a item in the game that basically sets down a cone or parameter

Only one can be placed by a tribe/one per person.  So lets say you have 30 people in your tribe well you can only have one of these placed.  If you are not in a tribe you can only have one of these placed.

For example I login and Im going to start building my base  I would set down a foundation then set down this item on that foundation and it would allow me to build in a one mile by one mile cone and I wouldnt be able to build outside of that cone.  

This would end all pillaring problems and land claiming problems.  It would be amazing to have on PVE servers.  PVP players probably wouldnt like it because I know they like to before battle place a foundation gen and turret they can fall back to.