[ASA] Disable DLC dinos / creatures transfers between maps ?

xLipFix

[ASA] Disable DLC dinos / creatures transfers between maps ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Disable transfer DLC dinos on non-DLC maps?

• Yes, disable dino transfer.
    • No.
    • Yes, and disable items transfer aswell.

Suggestion

Hi, 

I would suggest disabling dino / creature transfers from DLC maps to non-DLC maps and in between them.

Reason for suggestion is to make maps unique in fightining style, immersion and make game less "newest map = new meta"

The Island is balanced around dinos found on that map, so allowing transfers of wyverns, manas, mewings map seems so small to travel from one side to another. Abberation was so unique cause map is no flyer relient, and imagine adding flyers there map would lost its meaning, immersion and unbalanced.

Lack of content or QoL that new dinos offer could be replaced with  another existing dinos on another maps, like Procoptodon can have Meawing abilitys ect or dino that already serve no bigger purpose then being unit for meat runs.

Edited by xLipFix
update

3 replies to this server topic

@TheTrueSpider Hi tnx for response, and yes I also do agree with you, because when you think about The Island features compared to GEN 2 there is question why we need that map for and conclusion is only for some cave base spots and Tek Cave, and besides that map is useless map otherwise.. 

And apparently we don't need to play on every single map or have base on each one of them since your core base spot on weaker maps would not profit from it.

You cant bring strong dinos anyway.. So Tribe that is strong on The Island theoretically could be only attacked by other The Island tribe from same or another server..

Another thing is how much servers will be wasted when another maps come out. Currently we have +200 servers running. When SE commes out it will be another +200 and everyone will abbandon The Island. By the time Abb and Ext comes out The island servers will have like 2-3 people on each of +200 servers.. Again empty, and only people who got cave spots will visit it for base maintanance..

Maybe game needs actually bigger maps rebalance, because i dont like that gen 2 is simply overpowered, and way to go map for playing..

I get why you would want this, but it’s not reasonable for official servers for one main reason that I see: manpower

lets say you’re in a fairly small tribe on official, PvE or PvP, doesn’t matter. You don’t have the time, energy, or people to have a base on every single map, yet you want all the good creatures because official is a competitive environment for all game modes. What do you do?

Suffer grinding metal with an anky on the island while someone comes up on a stryder?

Only play meta maps like gen2?

Force yourself to devote a whole day every week to reset timers/fill turrets/feed tames on 12+ different servers?

it’s not really reasonable for the official community. By all means though, host your own cluster with these settings, or just play singleplayer with your friends and abide by them for your own entertainment/immersion. (Personally I also don’t play singleplayer with any tames nor native to that map)

• Like 1