still possible to create your own server for ark evolved ?

Hachever38

Hi

With friend we wanna create our own server for ark evolved cause not all of us got the new game :/

Is it still possible cause all the tutorial i found with steam cmd for evolved not working ...... maybe i made something wrong the server  failed after line PID: 2720

Thanks for help

Edited by Hachever38

Firewall is disable on the  hosting PC and I see my server in my network icon on game not on the other..... so my friend can't find with search so the will need to add ip on steam then use favorite ?

There is a way to open console on main menu on evolved ?

Edited by Hachever38

• 4 weeks later...

Hachever38.

For testing purposes disabling your firewall on your PC is fine untill you prove it works.

But you still have to port forward as Larkfields mentioned, this is done in your router settings not on your PC firewall.

There too many different routers to give you a specific guide but there are plenty of videos out there showing how to do it and other than the interface the process it is much the same on all routers.

I think the typical ports are UDP 7777, UDP7778 and UDP27015 for your first server.

If you are going to use RCON tool to send commands to the server then also TCP27020.

In your router you will need to create port-forwarding rules for the above ports and they will need to be pointed to the IP address of your PC that runs the ARK server.

Once you prove that it all works and others can connect please re-enable your firewall and try setup a firewall rule to let those ports through on your PC as well.

All the above, you will still need to do if using a Server manager.

If playing Ark Survival Evolved, I recommend using ASM (Ark Server Manager) for managing your server, as mentioned by CatInFire above.