Is anky not a thing in ASA?

Peteed1

Seen 0 anky after searching for them since launch :( atm i've been forced to use a pick and mine and then fill my ptera inventory up and then fly back only taking like 100 ore at a time. Now I have a pathetic argy but at least it's an argy so I can do about 4 stacks of ore but still it's slow and a major struggle. 

The day after ASA released, I set up a base on herbivore island. All expected dinos were there, but all the Ankys were low level. I killed them all and waited, but they never respawned. So I did a dino wipe. About an hour or so later, everything respawned....EXCEPT the Ankys. So strange. I started my game over thinking it was my save that was corrupt. I havent tried a dino wipe this time, luckily I found a level 95 Anky there this time.

I've noticed they're hard to find too. Searched for a few hours yesterday and finally found one at LAT 38, Long 20 next to the icy waterfall. I was so worried it would be a lvl 2 or something useless, but turned out to be a 72 thankfully!

This was the first one I've seen in multiple times exploring the map (single player). 

Good luck!