So does Asa look better than ASE on a potato?

UnethicalOctopus

On 10/27/2023 at 4:14 AM, DomiDarko said:

I consider my 7-8 year old a potato. Ryzen 5 1600X, GTX 1080 and 16GB RAM... But yeah, it really looks better and with some tweaks (mainly turning the clouds off) I get decent graphics and 40-60 fps. I played 3 hours and so far not a single crash. Fingers crossed! 😀

I can barely get ASE to run 3 hours on my ps4 without a crash myself. I consider this progress.

On 10/27/2023 at 11:14 AM, DomiDarko said:

I consider my 7-8 year old a potato. Ryzen 5 1600X, GTX 1080 and 16GB RAM... But yeah, it really looks better and with some tweaks (mainly turning the clouds off) I get decent graphics and 40-60 fps. I played 3 hours and so far not a single crash. Fingers crossed! 😀

its funny how we have to turn off the particle effects and tone down the graphics to get a manageable FPS, still anything under 60FPS is pretty dog awful compared to pc gaming, on console this is pretty good, but on ASE think I was getting 70+ on high end. would be interesting to see what the frame rate is like compared to both. but yeah anything that cant run at a constant 60fps is just not worth it in my eyes as a PC gamer

It does now, yes. First day or two it didn't, you had to turn it down so low that it was ridiculous looking. With three patches it now functions quite well at 1080p even on a 2060 with only 6gb vram (and an older cpu). I'm able to turn on some of the cooler bells and whistles, too. Oh and I've literally never crashed.

Edited by Oldster
  • Thanks 1