Ok so. I saw a comment about another user asking for the armor piercing to be elaborated on. So I have this Purposal!. You know how the creatures on Extinction like the Mana, Owl, Velo, and Gacha have those patches of Element on them? Well why not have that for Gorgonops but make the part its teeth thus giving it this unique adaptation! it can play into into the already existing Element Frenzy.

• Like 2

It's a very interesting creature, but man, how did you get all those users described in the credits to help you in everything to create this creature, to create the conceptual arts and the dossier? Do you have their contact details or did you just ask them for their nicknames here in Ark Official Website? Man, I don't no how to create designs, dossier or conceptual arts, I really wanted the help of these user to help me create my creature for the next Submission Creature Vote.

On 9/1/2023 at 7:05 PM, SpacePjoes said:

(Extinctions True Ruler)  Introducing Gorgonops, the Feral Tracker

Tags: PvP, PvE, scrapped creature, carnivore, ignores armor, creature tracker, mount, blueprint finder, taming assistance, ideas prompts for community, last chance for getting it

TVAz6aMmS_IGER40L4-o1eFNhI2zIVwBmqvKDwNln8rxLGZtIF1qKyhGGUY42LwhNvwdxp6_agrXb9Cy38m0418QE7GcSqMNCnHRQ-zJ3WMbuHcPX_tTMpVWPq7-1oxPq-o81qpugrU6w3525SxE5BE

Greetings, survivors! I shall introduce to you all the stalker of scent; the Gorgonops!

Gorgonops is one of the few creatures cut from ARK that many people knew (thanks to series such as Walking with Monsters and Primeval) and always wished to get since the first days of the game. Even WC planned to bring it into the game, before discharging it.

For such a reason the Extinction DLC, the conclusion of the original storyline of ARK, is the perfect occasion for getting this fearsome synapsid finally into the game.

Not only that, but the unique design and abilities proposed here surely make the creature blend into the Wasteland Earth environment and set it apart from anything else the game currently has.

I kindly invite you all to read carefully through the whole submission before deciding whether to upvote it or not.
You’re going to like it!!

10b5L3YWWHu6YvyNUXkAnBjqSES6tt5yNGz5k0Zy7Eh9l9Q-0oAr5ncRsa6xUjnkol031PrQkZdw1qEwgwTR6myNhOzN5MF-5Lbse5iYSArPO0PFZ_p0OAxHOl1AobhfxeEjQ1bv-5_r2ZXRHmnVNrM
KeWOTl8GLVyDFPwZ9wHm6X1qnetNuEZhxDenxPg97gQh85IhSNU5Fx2i3LWzYkpuq_uZ0dHPEPM5fxN4tzz9uv22vHDHzgugmCWEUGpbqCUJjJKtwrxBCj7MKyM9Dt6xiFTwRX79jf6kfPJgyt3xa0c

Gorgonops specimens most often patrol the wasteland, keeping a nose out for potential prey. Their incredible sense of smell allows them to detect creatures in a wide range around them. Not being very fast, they tend to go after relatively slower prey, which includes survivors. They’re patient hunters, and will track down their targets until the opportunity for a kill presents itself.

On rare occasions you may find Gorgonops specimens in safer zones such as the biodomes, sanctuary, and sunken forest, wandering near exclusively in mated pairs as they guard something really valuable.

O-cfJ6piFDTRYOHCxZYVp7NQLLsIuTOvf2WcJf5Cdtu47t0sXgoclDBfcloyENPBegBZzjnW7Ia9VRS7kv_ZoWCrMGa2IFRhDhlT7LHRFr0uN7xpA63-1Sh4uxRw5w7iqAcLO27p-Lorsb0dKpzWrag
Parental Buff (Wild Only): In the presence of their own pups, wild Gorgonops receive a buff that increases damage output and damage resistance. Pups raised by survivors don’t develop this behavior.

Congratulations! You got your Gorgonops! What can you do with it?

8g-KQDXRTwicUEww-lctvCsmQDhiPrsRUtRmhksaSMLc2U7ipBdSwL29yrwjBvb8IORbTSMZmWXKutDAlXZxJqpykpokps5df0pNupZkdTuhea0Ix9Y2Rst_ZsUWtEmt0kLy4G5TQ0IRIvvb48o0j-I

W0tpOxrRxj96nBN5pbF76-QsbmWjhqJqBOaVwu_sImWMN2y5c7mMu8S-0RzhA2WdFGkMlhcZPuy6hdyZNoremouYuG4TwUUEe7phvfjWcYzNkMUEyQiEwKGwMRYZzKRmF-bV3_-5-TwG-WpmXicUR9w

0J7saYXJw05tWHp7pIIesIlJQOKg8WAXOjMHmeoQfoIRgIeF0nnnGfqyJSIRXK9BHDIYNOc7CIodLuW0Pzve88WcNBNZeIZPHYSLWg_kEGZV1YTIXGr8SYo9Rq_zBDvJzu8LlisbFR7DS98P-I4IQOQ
lo8wuLdoM0rw0QotAI73vlcGaS43KR4cDvRATxz__RMSUZ88jvWyCfjI4BBHXPDTQrRXq4x1Gn4NeQD-lVVQkS4p1aG-57paltrswg6VajMNCjW6CDdymukENN420MQ2ydKXqr7yZkYZ5WVceNJ01cg

Utilities & Scenarios:

PvE: Gorgonops provide lots of use when it comes to taming creatures. Their scent being able to identify the levels and stats of creatures makes finding worthy tames far easier. Bringing unconscious creatures to safety as they tame is also incredibly helpful. If you need to return to a particular creature later since you don’t have the resources, you can leave the creature marked and come back once you’re ready. The Gorgonops Den is great for raising babies with the growth buff and food reserves. The den can also act as a temporary base when on the go. Digging up valuable treasure is certainly valuable in itself and tracking rare temporary resources such as Element Nodes will surely be appreciated. Gorgonops may see use in swamps and other areas with lots of venomous insects and beasts.

PvP: Gorgonops make for great base defenders. Their autoalert defining specific species is paired well with Parasaurs who identify particular groups of enemies, now at an increased range. In the midst of a fight, their fangs come into good use when ignoring armor of all kinds, allowing them to deal high damage to beefy targets. If a target is sent on the run, the Gorgonops can pick up on their scent and hunt them down until they’re caught. Sniffing out traps can ease raiding by helping raid parties avoid disaster. Finally the Element Frenzy may be an interesting wildcard to play on the battlefield.

QhXp9DSEk9cSdgCD4elYlus41cmDR7fTQtMZScDxPwjPvmB6z8SKNzGp2X-MM0LV6amlgx0p0FLSCljgpTTJpaKJdsbVtqK5rTQ2uPdOTNn9x38QH-YWYE8ka7D9NiMqpkjd7zNtb_e0hx9vPQp6G60

PLEASE READ:

To the people frustrated with Gorgonops, we hear you. This is the third time we have posted Gorgonops, as it is designed for a desert map (Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Extinction). Prior to this, other Gorgonops designs have also been posted, which may add to your frustration. We have taken as many suggestions and opinions into account as possible, but will permanently retire this concept after the Extinction vote.

I ask of you, survivors, to please give Gorgonops your honest ranking and not rank it according to your frustration, if it does make it to the second round. Whether that puts it in 10th or 1st place, or any place in between, is of course up to you. A lot of work has gone into this concept, and we would hate to see that go to waste this way, but of course every journey comes to its end. We hope this is not too much to ask.

To the people who are frustrated with Gorgonops, thank you for your consideration. And to the others, thank you so much for your continued support, its truly amazing to see how many of you are here for Gorgon.

- Team Gorgonops

On 9/2/2023 at 11:13 AM, LadyImpressive said:

This would be an amazing addition to the game! Keeping my fingers crossed that it gets in this time!

Nice creature :0

• SpacePjoes changed the title to [Final Run] Gorgonops, The Feral Tracker and Taming Assist!

At first I was like: Well not a big fan of gorgonopsids so I won't bother reading, but now it's in the top 10 and I decided to take a peek. Now it's going to be high up on my list. Great job 👏 

I love the den fast travel feature and I think it could be used to further extent like it being able to raid bases by digging under them and entering the storage room through the floor. This time extinction has some really good ideas and I will actually play the map instead of hiding on Valguero if stuff like this gets added.

GO GORGO OR GO HOME

Edited by IHendo
  • Like 1

• SpacePjoes changed the title to [NEW ART+ABILITY] Gorgonops, The Feral Tracker and Taming Assist!
On 9/1/2023 at 7:05 PM, SpacePjoes said:

(Extinctions True Ruler)  Introducing Gorgonops, the Feral Tracker

Tags: PvP, PvE, scrapped creature, carnivore, ignores armor, creature tracker, mount, blueprint finder, taming assistance, ideas prompts for community, last chance for getting it

TVAz6aMmS_IGER40L4-o1eFNhI2zIVwBmqvKDwNln8rxLGZtIF1qKyhGGUY42LwhNvwdxp6_agrXb9Cy38m0418QE7GcSqMNCnHRQ-zJ3WMbuHcPX_tTMpVWPq7-1oxPq-o81qpugrU6w3525SxE5BE

Concept art by RiskyBiscuits

gorgo_el2.png?width=1260&height=408

Greetings, survivors! I shall introduce to you all the stalker of scent; the Gorgonops!

Gorgonops is one of the few creatures cut from ARK that many people knew (thanks to series such as Walking with Monsters and Primeval) and always wished to get since the first days of the game. Even WC planned to bring it into the game, before discharging it.

For such a reason the Extinction DLC, the conclusion of the original storyline of ARK, is the perfect occasion for getting this fearsome synapsid finally into the game.

Not only that, but the unique design and abilities proposed here surely make the creature blend into the Wasteland Earth environment and set it apart from anything else the game currently has.

I kindly invite you all to read carefully through the whole submission before deciding whether to upvote it or not.
You’re going to like it!!

10b5L3YWWHu6YvyNUXkAnBjqSES6tt5yNGz5k0Zy7Eh9l9Q-0oAr5ncRsa6xUjnkol031PrQkZdw1qEwgwTR6myNhOzN5MF-5Lbse5iYSArPO0PFZ_p0OAxHOl1AobhfxeEjQ1bv-5_r2ZXRHmnVNrM
KeWOTl8GLVyDFPwZ9wHm6X1qnetNuEZhxDenxPg97gQh85IhSNU5Fx2i3LWzYkpuq_uZ0dHPEPM5fxN4tzz9uv22vHDHzgugmCWEUGpbqCUJjJKtwrxBCj7MKyM9Dt6xiFTwRX79jf6kfPJgyt3xa0c

Gorgonops specimens most often patrol the wasteland, keeping a nose out for potential prey. Their incredible sense of smell allows them to detect creatures in a wide range around them. Not being very fast, they tend to go after relatively slower prey, which includes survivors. They’re patient hunters, and will track down their targets until the opportunity for a kill presents itself.

On rare occasions you may find Gorgonops specimens in safer zones such as the biodomes, sanctuary, and sunken forest, wandering near exclusively in mated pairs as they guard something really valuable.

O-cfJ6piFDTRYOHCxZYVp7NQLLsIuTOvf2WcJf5Cdtu47t0sXgoclDBfcloyENPBegBZzjnW7Ia9VRS7kv_ZoWCrMGa2IFRhDhlT7LHRFr0uN7xpA63-1Sh4uxRw5w7iqAcLO27p-Lorsb0dKpzWrag
Parental Buff (Wild Only): In the presence of their own pups, wild Gorgonops receive a buff that increases damage output and damage resistance. Pups raised by survivors don’t develop this behavior.

Congratulations! You got your Gorgonops! What can you do with it?

8g-KQDXRTwicUEww-lctvCsmQDhiPrsRUtRmhksaSMLc2U7ipBdSwL29yrwjBvb8IORbTSMZmWXKutDAlXZxJqpykpokps5df0pNupZkdTuhea0Ix9Y2Rst_ZsUWtEmt0kLy4G5TQ0IRIvvb48o0j-I

W0tpOxrRxj96nBN5pbF76-QsbmWjhqJqBOaVwu_sImWMN2y5c7mMu8S-0RzhA2WdFGkMlhcZPuy6hdyZNoremouYuG4TwUUEe7phvfjWcYzNkMUEyQiEwKGwMRYZzKRmF-bV3_-5-TwG-WpmXicUR9w

0J7saYXJw05tWHp7pIIesIlJQOKg8WAXOjMHmeoQfoIRgIeF0nnnGfqyJSIRXK9BHDIYNOc7CIodLuW0Pzve88WcNBNZeIZPHYSLWg_kEGZV1YTIXGr8SYo9Rq_zBDvJzu8LlisbFR7DS98P-I4IQOQ

NEW ABILITY: Hunter of Corrupted
The fangs of a Gorgonops melt corruption and thus Gorgonops deals increased damage to all corrupted creatures, and passively deters corrupted creatures with its presence. Some very large corrupted creatures require multiple Gorgonops to be present for this to take effect. This means that you can use Gorgonops to guard your base against corrupted creatures, or use it to wander the wasteland without fighting.

lo8wuLdoM0rw0QotAI73vlcGaS43KR4cDvRATxz__RMSUZ88jvWyCfjI4BBHXPDTQrRXq4x1Gn4NeQD-lVVQkS4p1aG-57paltrswg6VajMNCjW6CDdymukENN420MQ2ydKXqr7yZkYZ5WVceNJ01cg

Utilities & Scenarios:

PvE: Gorgonops provide lots of use when it comes to taming creatures. Their scent being able to identify the levels and stats of creatures makes finding worthy tames far easier. Bringing unconscious creatures to safety as they tame is also incredibly helpful. If you need to return to a particular creature later since you don’t have the resources, you can leave the creature marked and come back once you’re ready. The Gorgonops Den is great for raising babies with the growth buff and food reserves. The den can also act as a temporary base when on the go. Digging up valuable treasure is certainly valuable in itself and tracking rare temporary resources such as Element Nodes will surely be appreciated. Gorgonops may see use in swamps and other areas with lots of venomous insects and beasts.

PvP: Gorgonops make for great base defenders. Their autoalert defining specific species is paired well with Parasaurs who identify particular groups of enemies, now at an increased range. In the midst of a fight, their fangs come into good use when ignoring armor of all kinds, allowing them to deal high damage to beefy targets. If a target is sent on the run, the Gorgonops can pick up on their scent and hunt them down until they’re caught. Sniffing out traps can ease raiding by helping raid parties avoid disaster. Finally the Element Frenzy may be an interesting wildcard to play on the battlefield.

QhXp9DSEk9cSdgCD4elYlus41cmDR7fTQtMZScDxPwjPvmB6z8SKNzGp2X-MM0LV6amlgx0p0FLSCljgpTTJpaKJdsbVtqK5rTQ2uPdOTNn9x38QH-YWYE8ka7D9NiMqpkjd7zNtb_e0hx9vPQp6G60

PLEASE READ:

To the people frustrated with Gorgonops, we hear you. This is the third time we have posted Gorgonops, as it is designed for a desert map (Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Extinction). Prior to this, other Gorgonops designs have also been posted, which may add to your frustration. We have taken as many suggestions and opinions into account as possible, but will permanently retire this concept after the Extinction vote.

I ask of you, survivors, to please give Gorgonops your honest ranking and not rank it according to your frustration, if it does make it to the second round. Whether that puts it in 10th or 1st place, or any place in between, is of course up to you. A lot of work has gone into this concept, and we would hate to see that go to waste this way, but of course every journey comes to its end. We hope this is not too much to ask.

To the people who are frustrated with Gorgonops, thank you for your consideration. And to the others, thank you so much for your continued support, its truly amazing to see how many of you are here for Gorgon.

- Team Gorgonops

This guy is fricken awesome! Hope to see it win. Deserves it

• Like 1

• SpacePjoes changed the title to [Last Run] Gorgonops, The Feral Tracker and Taming Assist!