Miracinonyx, The Hazard-Deploying Speed Demon

This fits really well, love how you made it so it can run on water with a hyper speed ability

If it somehow doesn't win this, valguero or fjordur would be amazing for it, maybe Gen1 in the Arctic biome

Edit: With you saying it will return for Gen2 and Val, if it doesn't win can you submit it for Lost Island and/or Fjordur?

Edited by Thyla0

Es ist ein Gutes Fiech weil ich mage es die Maps wie Ragnarok am Land zu erkunden Klar es ist ach richtig geil mit einem Managarm oder Wyvern zu erkunden in der Luft aber Abwechslung könnte nicht schaden mal auf den Boden die Map zu erkunden 

I Like the Miracinonix becuse i like To Explorer  the Maps Like Ragnarok or Lost Island tho Whit a Creature That Not can Fly yes ist Is cool To explore the Maps whit a Manargarm But it Dosen‘t hurt when we explore the Maps whit That Creature 

• Shockal changed the title to Miracinonyx
  • Shockal changed the title to Miracinonyx, The Hazard-Deploying Speed Demon

First off very well designed submission. I can see you put a lot of work into this.

i do want to comment that I wish you had held off for valguero as it fits that map a lot better due to the chalk cliffs and wide open tundra areas on the map. I feel like putting it here may hurt it in the future because people could be sick of seeing it so many times, it gets repetitive. 

I have a few suggestions for you to consider though because I do think the creature has potential. 

1. The blazing style is very cool, but I think you should make it so that using the swipe while running In blazing style enflames whatever you hit, so you can light enemy tames or wild creatures on fire. Again it’s still balanced because as you said you have to time it correctly, and it burns through sparkpowder quickly. 

2. When *not* in blazing style the speed swipe attack should inflict a bleed in the form of a gnashed debuff. It’s sharp claws and high speed makes it probable that it would inflict a deep gnash in the target. It would bleed 5% of the targets health and slow it down as the gnashed debuff does. Since this is a move that requires skill and timing I feel like it’s already balanced and it goes well with the hit and run theme of the creature. 

3. when using maximum acceleration I think it would get more value if you could run through harvestable obstacles such as rocks and trees similar to the andrewsarchus sprint. It would allow the cat to use its running to its fullest potential seeing as there’s always a ton of harvestable trees and rocks everywhere that would hinder the maximum accelerations use. That way only non-demoable obstacles stop it. 

I hope you consider what I said!

Edited by ElPINGUcubano94

On 8/6/2023 at 12:59 PM, ElPINGUcubano94 said:

First off very well designed submission. I can see you put a lot of work into this.

i do want to comment that I wish you had held off for valguero as it fits that map a lot better due to the chalk cliffs and wide open tundra areas on the map. I feel like putting it here may hurt it in the future because people could be sick of seeing it so many times, it gets repetitive. 

I have a few suggestions for you to consider though because I do think the creature has potential. 

1. The blazing style is very cool, but I think you should make it so that using the swipe while running In blazing style enflames whatever you hit, so you can light enemy tames or wild creatures on fire. Again it’s still balanced because as you said you have to time it correctly, and it burns through sparkpowder quickly. 

2. When *not* in blazing style the speed swipe attack should inflict a bleed in the form of a gnashed debuff. It’s sharp claws and high speed makes it probable that it would inflict a deep gnash in the target. It would bleed 5% of the targets health and slow it down as the gnashed debuff does. Since this is a move that requires skill and timing I feel like it’s already balanced and it goes well with the hit and run theme of the creature. 

3. when using maximum acceleration I think it would get more value if you could run through harvestable obstacles such as rocks and trees similar to the andrewsarchus sprint. It would allow the cat to use its running to its fullest potential seeing as there’s always a ton of harvestable trees and rocks everywhere that would hinder the maximum accelerations use. That way only non-demoable obstacles stop it. 

I hope you consider what I said!

Yeah, it seems there's some negative comments going around.

I'm not sure about giving it an attack in Blazing Style or the bleeding, but giving it object destruction in Maximum Acceleration sounds good, so I added it.

Edited by Shockal

21 hours ago, Arambourgiania said:

So it can... Run on water now... At that point I would have given it a more fishy design kinda like that giant otter submitted in one of the other contests since this is basically a fantasy creature at this point. I don't see any Miracinonyx in this Miracinonyx.

Because there isn't much Miracinonyx in this Miracinonyx. Purposefully, to a degree. In discussing the Giant Cheetah with Shockal's Miracinonyx posts there was a definitive difference in our chosen styles of creature creation. Our Giant Cheetah team, especially having a Zoologist lead it, has focused very much on validity of the abilities in reference to the true, real life modern animal and its ancestor. We focused on realism for our game mechanics so that the cheetah would look and feel like a cheetah. Shockal wanted to focus on the game mechanics that they wished to see in the game and a more fantastical, "over the top" (as in making it be able to outrun the fastest flyers whereas real cheetahs--and the cougar-relative Miracinonyx--weren't capable of out-running the fastest flyers in real life, but not completely "over the top" as in out of the realm of possibility for WC to implement) feel for a speedster and applied it to the Miracinonyx name. So, if you're looking for a realistic "cheetah" then you want Raeph's Acinonyx, and if you're looking for the speedster mechanics offered here then you want Shockal's Miracinonyx, and if you want a cheetah--ANY cheetah--and don't really care then you can vote for either...or both!

But you are correct in that this is a very fantasy version of the animal made to suit Shockal's needs and the Acinonyx was kept more realistic in its designs. It was how we best decided to stay separate of each other as "teams" as well. Leaning hard into what we wanted to see for the cheetah submissions. And thus it becomes a matter of preference (or lack of preference) between how much one prefers their Ark creatures to seem close to the real thing versus really enjoys the more mythical elements to the creatures in the game.

And a side note, I have a feeling were this to win that WC would make it look more like the real thing (though I could totally be wrong on that, you never know, but they did "fix" the faso to look more like the real animal versus the submitted creator's design) if it's purely a looks thing turning one off too. I'd like it to look like the real animal a bit more, but my preference is the side of realism. I really love Shockal's designs as a fantasy cat species. But that is just my opinion.

The Acinonyx will be back for Extinction, we have every intention. So if it is more your style, feel free to watch for it there. And if it can't get anywhere there, it might go against this cat again in Valguero. Maybe.

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2023 at 10:35 PM, LittleSpicyOreos said:

Because there isn't much Miracinonyx in this Miracinonyx. Purposefully, to a degree. In discussing the Giant Cheetah with Shockal's Miracinonyx posts there was a definitive difference in our chosen styles of creature creation. Our Giant Cheetah team, especially having a Zoologist lead it, has focused very much on validity of the abilities in reference to the true, real life modern animal and its ancestor. We focused on realism for our game mechanics so that the cheetah would look and feel like a cheetah. Shockal wanted to focus on the game mechanics that they wished to see in the game and a more fantastical, "over the top" (as in making it be able to outrun the fastest flyers whereas real cheetahs--and the cougar-relative Miracinonyx--weren't capable of out-running the fastest flyers in real life, but not completely "over the top" as in out of the realm of possibility for WC to implement) feel for a speedster and applied it to the Miracinonyx name. So, if you're looking for a realistic "cheetah" then you want Raeph's Acinonyx, and if you're looking for the speedster mechanics offered here then you want Shockal's Miracinonyx, and if you want a cheetah--ANY cheetah--and don't really care then you can vote for either...or both!

But you are correct in that this is a very fantasy version of the animal made to suit Shockal's needs and the Acinonyx was kept more realistic in its designs. It was how we best decided to stay separate of each other as "teams" as well. Leaning hard into what we wanted to see for the cheetah submissions. And thus it becomes a matter of preference (or lack of preference) between how much one prefers their Ark creatures to seem close to the real thing versus really enjoys the more mythical elements to the creatures in the game.

And a side note, I have a feeling were this to win that WC would make it look more like the real thing (though I could totally be wrong on that, you never know, but they did "fix" the faso to look more like the real animal versus the submitted creator's design) if it's purely a looks thing turning one off too. I'd like it to look like the real animal a bit more, but my preference is the side of realism. I really love Shockal's designs as a fantasy cat species. But that is just my opinion.

The Acinonyx will be back for Extinction, we have every intention. So if it is more your style, feel free to watch for it there. And if it can't get anywhere there, it might go against this cat again in Valguero. Maybe.

For anyone wondering - Acinonyx was submitted before Miracinonyx. LittleSpicyOreas reached out to me before Center votes occurred, since they wanted to submit a cheetah as well. We ultimately decided to just go ahead with our own ideas as individual submissions.

Edited by Shockal
  • Thanks 1