It a solid concept, one thing that jumps out to me is as a play up to it being less aggressive maybe have its default response to its survivor being attacked when not taming be to actually take flight and scoop up the survivor.

An auto flee response when you're harvesting resources with one setup to move materials could be really beneficial. eg. harvesting metal with an anky when it comes under attack by a raptor and this auto scoops you and the anky.

On 8/4/2023 at 6:22 PM, Dilophospinus said:

Welcome survivors today i will be presenting the Hatzegopteryx the island hopping pterosaur with neer infinite stamina. I imagine the Hatz would be no apex of the sky but rather an apex on the ground just the way it was IRL. I think it would do extra damage to small terrestrial creatures seeing as that was their main prey in their time, they would be able to sprint at great speeds even outrunning rexes. They would have an attack where they pick up dinos up to the size of a raptor with their beak, they would have a peck attack. There would be sexual dimorphism in hatzegopteryx with males having a large colorful crest and striped patterning, while the females lack a crest and have spotted patterning.

Name: Hatzegopteryx Thambema

Time: late cretaceous 

Diet: carnivore

Temperament: Curious... Sometimes

Wild

The Hatzegopteryx is one of the most amazing, majestic, and suprisingly Very common creatures on this ark. The Hatz is an island hopping pterosaur that lives on coastal islands but can also commonly be found nesting, hunting, and taking care of their young atop the floating island. The massive nests of the hatzegopteryx can be found on the sides of cliffs where their eggs and young are safe, they have anywhere from 2-3 eggs at a time. They are sexually dimorphic with the males having large beautiful crests and the females lacking a crest and a different pattern than the males. They are not aggressive towards humans in fact they are incredibly curious of people and will come up to people without aggression, however if you have any baby dinosaur with you they will snap them up in an instant. I have found that offering meat to the hatzegopteryx will grant you high teir loot from their piles of treasure hidden underneath the floating island alternatively you could steal from these piles witch will lead you to a swift demise. However offering it fish meat will cause the Hatz to bellow and fly away as they hate fish meat. I have heard rumers of machanical hatzegopteryx flying around the very top of the floating island but those are just rumers, i hope.

Domesticated

A tamed Hatzegopteryx will be your best friend and will be a hunting buddy and loyal defender. The saddles I've seen used for this magnificent creature is one that carries two survivors and is equipped with a small machine gun turret for defense seeing as Hatzes are not built for air battles. Hatzegopteryx can also commonly be equipped with a bombing saddle as well as assisting in moving large amounts of resources with a saddle with crates on the sides. Apart from its utility it is a great cuddle buddy, and something i've noticed is that survivors that pet or cuddle their buddy have a boost in confidence and endurance. The bond between a Hatzegopteryx and its owner is incredibly strong, if a  survivor is in danger the Hatz will save them without hesitation.

Taming method#1: the first taming method is quite horrific, you have to feed the hatzegopteryx baby dinosaurs. the higher the level of the baby the more levels the hatzegopteryx gets.

Taming method#2: If you tame a male hatzegopteryx you can do a courtship display in the form of an emote(similer to prehistoric planet) and if the female partisipates in the emote she will be tamed.

Sprint: they can run faster than any other flyer. Also taking off while sprinting gives it a large speed boost

Flight: can fly faster than wyvern

Cliff latch: they can latch onto the sides of cliffs.

Peck/Bite attack: 50 base damage

Headbutt: 100 base damage high knockback

Swallow: can grab and swallow anything the size of a raptor or smaller whole. if a player is grabbed they will have to attack to get out of it similer to the carnoflora, if the player does not escape they will be swallowed and killed.

Pick up bite: does a bite that picks up any dino the size of a para or smaller.

Apex predator buff: does increased damage to creatures the size of a trike and smaller, 

Roar: does a roar that gives all ally flyers in an area more stamina, damage resistance and speed. Also scares anything the size of a yuty or smaller, there is a 50/50 chance for creatures to freeze in fear or run away.

Taming protection: It has by default the ability if it is left by a creature its owner is in the process of taming, it will use its mighty wings to blow away hostile dinosaurs and scream to alert its owner.BrLD0s9JszkIaCkuXms-PwHym1p7_y4tuflXKtWkxNTS07TDg47Pwd77XsXqXdurqNkDj1nm8QUhj0O2vV1hNzT0hbMYAqH3OMDeoyn357XbgmbWDCa243iVYXPFVj-ELWsnvqmlNXhmY1wl2neL8po

Flyers Rivalry: They've got a great dis taste for other Massive flyers and will receive a rivalry buff similar to Trikes near apex carnivores. Hatzes gain a buff that activates when they are around enemy Hatzes, Rhyniognatha, or wyverns. this buff gives them increased damage output and damage resistance.

Rescue mode: Holding the qjnOqtK-qv7YjbcRI-RrycOmJ5NWVrRM_4BWnytyryUwXontpY_p32FGZz2f5EIEZ8ZwX_WrPk-au5rNt6G1WF_FcfMYbTkYaU8bhA_qBhjafXohVArOnb4m-9on_V4-x3l7Qu-0CAOyzm-UNsvqZ3g button on the Hatzegopteryx will open the interaction wheel for the dinosaur and there will be an option called Rescue mode. With rescue mode enabled: If called upon with a whistle the Hatzegopteryx will instantly fly to its owners rescue by picking them up with its beak and throwing them onto their saddle saving them from danger.5gqhFwwiQ7FW98FTUUuJyw1ugLdgnHFE0HYgXtr6bZTqvCD3hoz4zN3NgUGgdPh8-_ELrHySqbH1dHT5tmNVCfmuRY_AdAWkkQXgM1jb5jo_nCYWKgwWZkDULIjbvis6-qyLfISS0_0iC6c-EgfcSyI

Thunder clap: does an attack that shoots the Hatzegopteryx 20 meters higher in the air doing 70 base damage and blowing other flyers away.(like rodans attack from godzilla king of the monsters)

BAD CRAZINESS! — RODAN! Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Jetstream: ally flyers within a 20 meter radius of the Hatz can fly for far longer without landing.

Island hopping: Hatzegopteryx can fly for a near infinate amount of time. They are also faster when flying over bodies of water.

Weight reduction: they have a 60% weight reduction

Base saddle learned at level 65

Turret saddle learned at level 70

Bomber/armor saddle learned at level 85

Can go to sleep, once asleep can be cuddled(kind of works as a bed). You can also pet your Hatz and it will give you a boost of confidence.

Tek Hatzegopteryx: the Tek Hatzegopteryx is a very rare version of the Hatz that is bigger than a normal hatz(10% bigger) and it sounds more machanical. It has night vision an EMP roar that will deactivate turrets, tek equipment, generators and tek shields. The thunder clap stuns any flyers in a 15 meter radius. in order to tame this creature however you have to defeat the bosses and have tek armor.

Tek Hatz Abilities:

Bite: does 75 base damage

Headbutt: 150 base damage

EMP Roar: Does a roar that tempereraly deactivates turrets, tek equipment( Armor and wepons), generators, and mechs tempereraly.

All other abilities are the same

Physical description: They are a quit a bit taller than a rex, wingspan bigger than a wyverns. They have sexual dimorphism with the males having large colorful crests, they are also larger than females, the females lack crests but have a larger claws on their wings, they also have a striped pattern going down their neck.

Art below for inspiration for the design.

GYAkyMdXXUuZcf9ZsFenprix1pQvBCO6XLj9iq3R1TVMpVw9JvPT2-CwkbVAsHAJY6eMTvulO1B4_hfdu_MMIIBLLjIFO2qA25QFhgSmmkA_AUYFqxHAu__W5i7x9TASyfcoySs-Ar5w58oDKLbWBcsDZ7dGSzdOQnpHjb27SjZAkg8JZ_V0PzFGCRCitKPSAIJsH1nX8h2S7rhBllgmiFAM9VJPzx9bnsr1UV7MR2bDC0gYRsnL3KIl01ymr3HI91a5e7R2sQZ-dX6ERyn1uyMBqcCmb39RBHcxZG058i2Alghatzegopteryx のイラスト・マンガ・コスプレ・モデル作品 (73 件) - Twoucanv_GsISUy3NqWQJiNCNogDrYtnUYfbglGR-8PkG27BKAazB7ammgcXFvrgkv9BUU-k142Yb4UPHiuyp5_IWJVKFhd1I6E4WbP8F5shRSAjV_psaIyivf9bTpHrkdLAhxBeN2hXufH48T8rx8CDV4qB7oHypo quetz by Meraxys on DeviantArt

4OAvrH-YPnBDvazmiMel4ZDTlvc3ArYec51ocRvKU7TMntVlYavamwVnTo6LLjPi2i_CNplK8oaY6EPrZHGuX1m9lyZMW7x4ngj_JQgevLlzmZdiMgcOkWuexbBxGIGasw1t12v9-PvCwKx-e4shC3Y

artwork done by theexiled1s on tik tok

Ideas for the thunderclap and jetstream abilities from @DILONG

Taming method and some abilities/tributes and art by @JohannesTD

Flyers rivalry ability from @Kintyj

el ultimo dibujo me gusta mucho