What are you expecting for the center vote?

MDwesman

I submitted Tetrapodophis...its a creature that has multiple variants like wyverns with elemental abilities. I have been trying to stick to real world stuff and abilities that are already in the game with other entries but I went a bit more fantasy with this one. Yall should give it a look.

6 minutes ago, Soupisnotadrink said:

ocean is still empty as poop

The ocean will still be poop even if we get a water creature because its only 1 creature. A single creature won't bring the ocean to life...

The ocean would only be 'not poop' if the devs decide to spend a decent amount of time on improving underwater gameplay via some sort of TLC/overhaul/DLC. Modders can make it look prettier (the ocean on the island is an abomination) but the gameplay there still sucks. At most you go there to get something (angler gel, artifact, etc), then you leave as soon as possible (to go back to your land base).

Lets face it, if they actually cared about ocean gameplay we would have seen a water themed DLC with a fully ocean based map; I had always expected we'd get one, but sadly it never happened. Maybe we will see one in ASA (assuming it ever releases/ever gets caught up with ASE) - I'd love to see some kinda of subnautica-esque Ark/DLC.

Edited by Kaiarra
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2023 at 5:49 PM, Zen07 said:

ou un hippocampe 

...we already have HIPPOCAMPUS..... does it look like anyone to you?

https://images.app.goo.gl/ckPXRmEQfzxXjjWR6

[[.. some time ago I was hoping to find an opportunity to propose an interesting creature to enrich the interest in water and I would have liked to be inspired by the story of Hippocapus, it is Fantasy but I hoped that WC sooner or later would propose an Oceanic Mapp... alas looking at this image I realized that WC already preceded me :D]]

Edited by CervantesMor

34 minutes ago, DoctorHoatzin said:

I'm expecting the thing that makes most sense for the map to suddenly be upset in the last minutes by something that isn't nearly as good.

If you are speaking of what is currently leading...I hope so. If we get a water creature it needs to be something that can actually litter the oceans to fill it out some. Otherwise its just going to be a gimmick that is cool for a week and than we will go back to playing on land. Right now the flying fish would maybe fit that but the rest not so much.

My first entry I might withdraw from this contest...its meant for certain maps when I designed it. My second entry I fell off on...its not as exciting but I was trying to go for a semi aquatic flyer. My recent entry fits all maps and biomes...we need creatures to do that more.

9 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

...we already have HIPPOCAMPUS..... does it look like anyone to you?

https://images.app.goo.gl/ckPXRmEQfzxXjjWR6

[[.. some time ago I was hoping to find an opportunity to propose an interesting creature to enrich the interest in water and I would have liked to be inspired by the story of Hippocapus, it is Fantasy but I hoped that WC sooner or later would propose an Oceanic Mapp... alas looking at this image I realized that WC already preceded me :D]]

I'd honestly love to see them officially add the Atlas hippocampus to Ark (a few mods add it, and it fits perfectly). Would be a great ocean fantasy creature alongside the wyvern/griffin/phoenix. It's really too bad players aren't allowed to suggest mythological creatures (but maybe the seahorse submission can reach the top 10).
I found an AMAZING Giant SEA HORSE & Tamed it !!! ARK Survival Evolved  MODDED E40 - YouTube

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kaiarra said:

It's really too bad players aren't allowed to suggest mythological creatures

If you can find a real creature that resembles a fantasy creature and use the name of the real creature and follow the guidelines...technically you can have a fantasy creature if you get creative. My entry of the Tetrapodophis is a perfect example. They let that type of stuff slide. Look at the Ragnarok creature vote...it looks more like a fantasy creature than the real Gigantoraptor. 
Just need to get creative...

8 hours ago, Somes said:

If you can find a real creature that resembles a fantasy creature and use the name of the real creature and follow the guidelines...technically you can have a fantasy creature if you get creative. My entry of the Tetrapodophis is a perfect example. They let that type of stuff slide. Look at the Ragnarok creature vote...it looks more like a fantasy creature than the real Gigantoraptor. 
Just need to get creative...

On the other end of the spectrum you have the Yi Qi where the original was an intimidating fierce dragon/wyvern hybrid creature with a long tail/big wings, and that design was murdered into a stumpy dodo-raptor/terror bird that looks nothing like the original design - sadly wildcard doesn't always stick with the original design. 😅

Seahorses/flying fish are at least interesting designs regardless (weedy seadragons look pretty crazy IRL) and can defintely have some artist license involved. If a water tame must win (because too many people will dump the non-water on rank 9-10), I hope it's at least something along those lines and not a copy/paste of the stuff we already have (ichthy v2, mosa v2, etc).

Hopefully some cool flyer or some new herbivores, while the center has alot of water I dont think the ocean on the center really needs a new creature since it's pretty much all broken up water. The oceans are pretty barren in general so most people wouldn't even see the new creature if a new aquatic dino was chosen since the ocean is pretty much avoided unless artifact caves.