Have you ever tamed a pheonix?

Edestus

I was considering taming one as it is one of the few tames I still need to complete my dino collection but damn. First of all I still play official pve scorched earth at the moment. My tribe spent about 2 hours searching for this pile of ashe and once we did find it, we got our tents ready and decided to wait....and wait.....and wait. After about an hour or two of nothing we decided to go to bed and tame it the next day. However we didn't think hard enough and now we have to deal with the consequences. Of course there was no trace of the pheonix when we logged back on. I feel like you would have to be insanly lucky to tame one of these birbs. Espacially on official since you not only have to find the pheonix but also have to wait for a heat event all in one go. Or am I missing something?

52 minutes ago, Edestus said:

I feel like you would have to be insanly lucky to tame one of these birbs. Espacially on official since you not only have to find the pheonix but also have to wait for a heat event all in one go. Or am I missing something?

It takes a lot of luck to tame one quickly and easily. The phoenix is specifically designed to require a lot of time and patience to tame. The more people you have in a tribe the easier it will be, but even on the best day they're still hard to get (which is why you don't see a lot of them around).

18 hours ago, Edestus said:

I was considering taming one as it is one of the few tames I still need to complete my dino collection but damn. First of all I still play official pve scorched earth at the moment. My tribe spent about 2 hours searching for this pile of ashe and once we did find it, we got our tents ready and decided to wait....and wait.....and wait. After about an hour or two of nothing we decided to go to bed and tame it the next day. However we didn't think hard enough and now we have to deal with the consequences. Of course there was no trace of the pheonix when we logged back on. I feel like you would have to be insanly lucky to tame one of these birbs. Espacially on official since you not only have to find the pheonix but also have to wait for a heat event all in one go. Or am I missing something?

Its like taming a Unicorn. You dont find the unicorn, it finds you.

You just have to be ready to play,
and be ready for buffet,
on that good day, during a heatwave,
best on sunday. Prepare to clay.
Get your trap ready. During heatwave, find your airway.
Unpod your Ember Wyverns, and spray away!

-* Beachy "Ice-Ice" Bob

• Haha 1