Mate Boost for Reapers

Ciaba

Suggestion

Hi guys,

I'm writing here just to discuss with the community.

A while ago I thought that it would be nice if Reaper Pheromone Gland could be consumable also on Reaper Kings, in order to make them considered temporarily as females.

The pheromone is harvested by queens which are females and is used to let the survivor recognized as a "reaper like creature" by a baby. I know that queen and king together don't get mate boost, but they are different versions of the same animal, as X,R and tek variants. Who don't get mate boosted.

But why the reaper king can't get the super useful buff "mate boosted" by consuming the pheromone gland? In my opinion it would be very nice, the pheromone would have a very great usage and the reaper would get better in PvE, where you basically use it for meat runs, "agility", taking down wyverns and slowing a bit other dinos... But it's not very efficient in bossfight, excluding the ability do dig underground and getting the aggro (which doesn't have any sense).

What do you think guys??

I'd like to see the reaper pheromone gland useful for this in ASA!!

• Thanks 1

5 replies to this server topic

Because they already have inbuilt damage resistance when not in the presence of charge light which can be further improved with the imprint bonus when you ride them. 

Unless they were changed recently, the natural armor gives around 80% damage resistance, equivalent to a 400 armor saddle. This is more than enough protection even without imprinting. Adding Mate Boost on top of this would not only increase their defense, but also their already high damage, meaning you make Reapers more powerful on both fronts. 

Reapers are fine without a mate boost. Even if they made the Reaper Queen tameable in ASA, I don't think a Mate Boost would be warranted. 

On 9/16/2023 at 4:02 PM, Qwertymine said:

Because they already have inbuilt damage resistance when not in the presence of charge light which can be further improved with the imprint bonus when you ride them. 

Unless they were changed recently, the natural armor gives around 80% damage resistance, equivalent to a 400 armor saddle. This is more than enough protection even without imprinting. Adding Mate Boost on top of this would not only increase their defense, but also their already high damage, meaning you make Reapers more powerful on both fronts. 

Reapers are fine without a mate boost. Even if they made the Reaper Queen tameable in ASA, I don't think a Mate Boost would be warranted. 

I don't agree with many of your statements.

Their base damage is 75, no buff and no debuff with charge light or its absence. This damage means that 2 rexes that mateboost each other get a higher damage (base rex damage = 62, mateboost bonus= 30%). Plus, the natural armor is far weaker than a 400 saddle bro XD. It's just a 80 saddle. It is the same of the shadowmane, and you can test this fact by shooting to your reaper one bullet and then doing the same on a dino with a 80 saddle. You will see the same damage on both dinos.

If reapers were as strong as you say, like 400 armor, they would destroy any boss. But it's not like that. I speak about mate boosting reapers for this fact. 

Nowadays rex are way better than reapers, thanks to mutations; no reasons to get a reaper excluding his agility. Reapers shall stay like this, no mutations, it would be no sense being able to breed them if you firstly need to get impregnated by the queen. But at least a bonus to help them standing a chance against the top mutated dinos is necessary in my opinion.

If you watch YouTube you will see that reapers have no utility in any hard bossfight.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ciaba said:

Plus, the natural armor is far weaker than a 400 saddle bro XD. It's just a 80 saddle. It is the same of the shadowmane, and you can test this fact by shooting to your reaper one bullet and then doing the same on a dino with a 80 saddle. You will see the same damage on both dinos.

Every source I can find at the moment says 80% reduction, I'll test it myself when I get the chance to play Ark again.

Thank you for your information. I did my tests by shooting with a shotgun with saddled dinos and the reaper, but I may be wrong. Remember that 80 as a saddle is different from 80% reduction. In any case, even with a better armor, I still thinks that reapers should get something to be more useful than a rex in the very late game of ark, when people make immense breeding and rex overcome the stats of the reaper. In my opinion the reaper king was born to be a very great tame, maybe not a good choice in bossfights but still better than a rex. A max level imprinted reaper usually gets over 20k HP, while a rex hardly gets there (in the same conditions obviously, imprinting/parents are wild but top level/no mutations). Moreover, the rex has a lower DPS, so it sounds absurd to me that just thanks to mutations the rex is better than the reaper (in PVE at least)

On 10/6/2023 at 1:17 AM, Ciaba said:

Thank you for your information. I did my tests by shooting with a shotgun with saddled dinos and the reaper, but I may be wrong. Remember that 80 as a saddle is different from 80% reduction. In any case, even with a better armor, I still thinks that reapers should get something to be more useful than a rex in the very late game of ark, when people make immense breeding and rex overcome the stats of the reaper. In my opinion the reaper king was born to be a very great tame, maybe not a good choice in bossfights but still better than a rex. A max level imprinted reaper usually gets over 20k HP, while a rex hardly gets there (in the same conditions obviously, imprinting/parents are wild but top level/no mutations). Moreover, the rex has a lower DPS, so it sounds absurd to me that just thanks to mutations the rex is better than the reaper (in PVE at least)

Honestly, it's more an issue with mutations than it is individual creature balance. Was hoping ASA would cap them around 20 or 40, but they didn't... We'll just have to see how Reapers perform once they're reintroduced into ASA.