Singleplayer Saved Character gone

AMunoz06476

I transferred my character from Genesis part 1 to The Island and upon downloading my character and spawning at the bed, my game crashed and now my characters gone and it says to create a new character. Download tab is also empty and I've tried creating a back up save on genesis but character is still gone. Is there some way to get the character file. I really dont wanna make a new character :(

5 hours ago, MMaas said:

In single player you can recreate your character by using admin commands in case you won't be able to recover a previous save file.

Can you tell me them, and is it actually getting my character back or just making a new one and cheating the stuff back, man I rather not do that but if I have to I will, just sucks I had all the bosses beat except genesis 2 and scorched there go my extra levels :(

20 hours ago, AMunoz06476 said:

Can you tell me them, and is it actually getting my character back or just making a new one

Technically its' a new character, but you can give it the exact same name, the exact same looks, and only spawn in the stuff you lost. Think of it as a clone of your original character. This is basically the same as restoring from a backup file. Technically restoring from a backup file isn't the same character either, it's using the clone you created when you backed up the file.

and cheating the stuff back

It's not cheating when the game screwed you with a glitch. From a moral/ethical point of view it's no different from restoring using a backup file.

man I rather not do that but if I have to I will, just sucks I had all the bosses beat except genesis 2 and scorched there go my extra levels :(

You can also use admin commands to give your new character credit for beating those bosses, which will restore the extra levels.

This is the saving grace of ARK, when you play in single player mode you can use admin commands to fix all of the bugs that are built into the game. It's not cheating unless you give yourself extra stuff.

Heck, even if you give yourself extra stuff it's not truly cheating, because you're not competing against anyone else. "Cheating" only matters if you're trying to gain an unfair advantage over other people that you didn't earn. You bought it, it's your game, something you play for entertainment, it's your choice and your right to make it as easy or hard as you want it to be.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2023 at 4:05 PM, Pipinghot said:

Technically its' a new character, but you can give it the exact same name, the exact same looks, and only spawn in the stuff you lost. Think of it as a clone of your original character. This is basically the same as restoring from a backup file. Technically restoring from a backup file isn't the same character either, it's using the clone you created when you backed up the file.

It's not cheating when the game screwed you with a glitch. From a moral/ethical point of view it's no different from restoring using a backup file.

You can also use admin commands to give your new character credit for beating those bosses, which will restore the extra levels.

This is the saving grace of ARK, when you play in single player mode you can use admin commands to fix all of the bugs that are built into the game. It's not cheating unless you give yourself extra stuff.

Heck, even if you give yourself extra stuff it's not truly cheating, because you're not competing against anyone else. "Cheating" only matters if you're trying to gain an unfair advantage over other people that you didn't earn. You bought it, it's your game, something you play for entertainment, it's your choice and your right to make it as easy or hard as you want it to be.

Thanks man, I did this and was able to get most of the engrams I had back, except the master controller ones. And I simply forced myself back in my old tribe and was able to access my old dinos. Sucks it's still an issue of losing a ark character this long in the games life.

• Like 1