On 7/9/2023 at 12:27 PM, Luux said:

I love the idea of more Owls, plus having living spotlights would be a cool concept for bases and such. A few more suggestions if you don't mind.

The Owl should have a sentry ability, during this I would stand in place and focus its spotlight charge sight on nearby enemies, you could either have it reveal stealthed enemies if it hits them with the light while scanning around or just spook and deter Nameless. This would give it the sorely needed niche of base charge coverage besides just shoulder pets and Z plants.

Another idea is the ability to rescue shoulder pets. By having them also able to ride in the Owls shoulders by picking them up like how the Gigantopithecus can. I think the ability for Shoulder Pets to ride on other dinos is a neglected mechanic that would be greatly appreciated, mainly because they're so vulnerable and hard to transport. Creatures that do this would naturally protect the shoulder pets from Aggro and taking damage like a player on a saddle. They could even give the Owl a set of shoulder pads on its wings since it doesn't fly for up to 2 pets to sit on. Thanks to its mobility it'd be able to swiftly snatch your beloved light pet off the ground and keep it out of harms way. Like a Maewing or Procoptodon. Neither of which are on the map normally either.

This is actually a pretty cool idea. I think giving it synergy with the light pets is definitely great. Maybe have it so if you have an allied light pet in its presence it amplifies its abilities somehow 

As a Team Gorgo lover, I must lay aside the victory for the Gorgo one last time and get a victory for the Owl!!!! When I saw the tab's title, I thought it wouldn't be a good idea. But now, Going for the Owl for Ab, Extinction for Gorgo!!!!! I am also a slight Owl fan, so I'll be glad to see a second Owl type in ASA.

• Shockal changed the title to Ornimegalonyx, the Giant Flightless Owl