Shunosaurus: Armoured Sauropod with a Tail club

His design is great, but I don’t think we need him in aberration, we already have the anky, and the most important, the karkinos for the farming. With the shuno’s saddles and his industrial forge on it, shuno will be a late game farmer because of his forge, but we will have the karkinos before, so the only utility of the shunosaur will be his fighting style, but we already have enough warriors in aberration, with the spino, megalo, karkinos, rock Drake, basilisk, reaper,… I love the design, I hope he will be back for next votes.

9 hours ago, Alex123Z said:

His design is great, but I don’t think we need him in aberration, we already have the anky, and the most important, the karkinos for the farming. With the shuno’s saddles and his industrial forge on it, shuno will be a late game farmer because of his forge, but we will have the karkinos before, so the only utility of the shunosaur will be his fighting style, but we already have enough warriors in aberration, with the spino, megalo, karkinos, rock Drake, basilisk, reaper,… I love the design, I hope he will be back for next votes.

yes we have the anky and karkinos for farming metal already but that's really the only method to gather metal on Abb and it's not really that effective compared to stuff like the Anky/quetz ramp I think it's about time that Abb got it's own unique metal farming dino that can serve as a good alternative to the anky while being nowhere near as sluggish and actually being able to defend itself

MORE SAUROPODS! I always say that it just makes more sense for the big powerful dangerous endgame creatures to be herbivores. Wolves, lions, bears, large carnivores won't bother with something that seems like too much effort. They don't know where their next meal is coming from, they can't spare the energy to be needlessly aggressive.

Herbivores on the other hand? A moose just has to decide you looked at it funny to choose violence and rapidly delete you from existence... And hippos were the only thing Steve Irwin was truly scared of.

I find a small sauropod to be a very fitting and good idea for Ab, especially any steady creatures that aren't mobility fever dreams like most people sadly don't understand doesn't work and will not get added even if it won.

I will agree that Ankys are a source if pain and grief with Ab and I've had so much annoyance from using them on this map because of how horrible they are at anything than pressing left mouse button. But I also really just want then to get a refurbished tlc. Like adding knockback resistance so it can actually hold its ground against foes, along with other very low to the ground and heavy creatures like Carbonemys. Letting it turn around better with spacebar toggled or held so it can better mauvere but not like a full range 24/7 like the Scorpion. It could also use more natural armor. Even the Thorny Dragon has it, but Ankys are practically free despite being covered in hard, Keratin reinforced bony plates. Osteoderms, just like the Shunosaurus. But somehow weaker in-game than a Doedicurus or a Thorny Dragon. Why are they like this while the Turtles and Doeds, even Morellatops, as well as other Ceratopsians and I think Pachycephalosaurus have natural armor or spots where their body is actually protected by it? It just doesn't make sense.

Another thing that makes me doubt this creature's strength of purpose is the metal harvesting aspect though. Because if this gets added, literally nobody will use an Anky on Ab, ever. Period. I literally see no reason. Unless some nut decides they want to haul Ankys on a Paracers back to maximize metal carry weight I don't understand why it would be a good idea to completely invalidate a dinosaur from its primary and truly only purpose.

Is this creature cool? Yes. Do I want more sauropods? Especially smaller ones? Yes, but I fear for this things honor after they made tge Amargasaurus almost entirely catered to PvP and one of the most obnoxious creatures to ever be released in Ark second only to the unbearable bloodthirsty and strong monkeys that could tear 'Apex Predator' dinosaurs to shreds in seconds, and wear armor helmets. Do we need something that basically just replaces the Anky cause who would ever even bother with one after this? No. I like this creature but it's design functionally needs to be redone. It doesn't even have to be changed completely, but at least halfway.

It's role is also already taken by another dino, who isn't on Ab bit can be brought, a Magmasaur. The literal only thing wrong with then is that Wildcard decided a forge that barely (if it even does) cooks metal faster than a basic Refining Forge when it's a gigantic volcano iguana.

It's saddle being an automatic smelter also seems like something that wouldn't be added or would just completely spit in the face of the Magmasaur, the only other creature besides the Phoenix that has this functionality of smelting. What's the point of adding another creature that is better than the literal creature made of molten rock. There doesn't need to be another one, especially if it invalidates not only one of the only other smelter tames but the primary gatherer of metal.

There are already dinos that can reduce the weight of raw metal. You can already arm a Paracer with a pack of Ravagers that can carry all your metal while you Crab and hammer nodes with an Anky and it smelts on its saddle. If you don't have a Magmasaur or cross map available.

But doesn't the Magmasaur invalidate the Anky too? No. Not really. Only in the fact that it can move and defend itself much better than the Anky can, and that turning radius isn't doing it any favors. The fact that it can smelt Is almost entirely murdered of any usefulness more than the Refining Forge since it smelts the same amount as well as about the same speed. Ridiculous.

If I were to give some advice I'd detail it's attacks a bit more and specify the resources and niche it would fit in the gathering roles. Just going for metal or element dust is good and shows what you're aiming for but doesnt show the whole spectrum of what type of damage and harvesting its doing. A spiked club that can smash things seems an awful lot like a combination of the Anky and Doed's abilities. But I think it could be done. The club has spikes, enabling metal harvesting, but it's weight can pulverize materials like stone and ores, turning them into their broken down versions.

Therefore it would likely be - Terrible at Wood harvesting because it splinters it to smithereens, good at Thatch because of that, meh on Berry gathering or separate attack based like the Anky cause that was always a pain and the last thing you want or need is extra useless weight on a metal farming dino. 

- Destroys Crystal's, turns them into stone, would probably do the same to Gems but that's debatable. This is because the Doed basically turns it all into stone.

- Can harvest Sand well but not Clay.

- Could gather Flint or not, depends. 

- Would probably be the meta dino at harvesting those metal fixtures on Extinction. For at least specific resources.

- Wouldn't wanna take into the ocean, although...that does give me the hilarious image of a Shunosaurus walking on the bottom of the water like the Andrewsarcus cause it's so heavy, this could actually be interesting. If only you could get it to be able to not drown. But it could be decent at Oil, but I also would rather not intrude on the purpose of the Dunkleosteus too much.

There is also no reason for it to survive the surface. What makes this thing capable of what the native abominations of Ab cannot? Or even most Tek?

If you're voting for this thing don't do it because of the things that are just better versions of other creatures abilities. Do it cause you want it to actually have a place as not just a bigger, better Anky and Magmasaur.