The Fluffy Jumping-Spider Tranq Bola - Maevia Eureka!

20 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

That’s a subjective opinion. Design wise it would fit just fine in the bioluminescent or fertile regions

Exactly! Theyre saying that Maev would better " Feat " ? in another map because it isnt scary enough?? abb isnt meant to be just scary, its meant to be biodiverse, unique, specialized. Not just " oh its another creature trying to be scary " smh

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Khan0803 said:

This is my personal opinion, and you may disagree with it, but please refrain from giving me negative ratings.
Thanks

You know
We already have a spider in the game with almost the same abilities as web-bolas, its name being Araneo or Araneomorphus, which players can tame and ride it. So why should we vote for a creature that has abilities similar to those already present in the game?

Why can't devs redesign Araneo or ARK`s Scorpion if you need a creature to grab and knock out other creatures?

Alright. What about Maevia?
- If we remove all the abilities of this creature related to the web, what can this creature do?
- Idk

This creature can dance, and make it a dancer!!! 
Once, someone created a concept for Gigantoraptor, giving it the ability of a hypnotic dance. Think about this for Maevia. Don't think of this creature as someone who can only weave webs.

But. If you want to give it a few abilities related to webs, you can make it, for example, a web equivalent of the "Grappling Hook" or "Zip-Line Anchor" with unlimited ammunition. It would be much more useful on maps like Aberration.

For now, it is an interesting creature with uninteresting abilities. If you revise the concept to include different abilities, I will vote for this creature. But for now, it will occupy the lower ranks in my rating.

Firstly, it's kinda messed up really to give me a negative reaction aka the facepalm you put on my post while asking for people including myself to not give you anything negative.

Next, Wildcard is going to do what they want with it, the least you can do is say how you want it to be as a suggestion and they might read that and take it into consideration and they might even find it to be such a great idea that they do it instead, this is why I ask everyone for suggestions because I do not stand above the people who love maevia, I stand with them. Those of us who are here for a jumping spiders chance for being implemented into Ark all want the same thing, how they want it done however is not even something that I get to decide, all I can do is ask as suggestions on my post which I have listed multiple wonderful options from other people here.

I did suggest the zip-line, it's on the dossier image itself hinting at the capabilities behind that, though these suggestions are so limited due to the chance they may never even make it. Even as the other suggestion others had made about having the male as a shoulder buddy which could provide the unlimited ammo for it and I did suggest with balance from beforehand when I was talking to other members who did want it as a shoulder buddy. Why can't it be a tamer? Why can't those be redesigned with a TLC to make them infinitely better, and why can't we have multiple tamers? Also, you did not read the dossier because it does not just utilize webs to be amazing, it can latch onto creatures mid-jump, making it an excellent and potential candidatate that could counter managarmrs and even aid with taming them! It was suggested that the venom could be used as baby food for rockdrakes, much like the nameless venom, and even as a substitute for it for a bit of balance. Spiders make webs, and webs have a tremendous number of ways these webs can be utilized to make a fun and immersive experience with the creatures we love that make them, why not incorporate fun things using them behind the idea, it's literally a spider after all. These guys are totally capable of way more than I could think of myself.

The whole 'we already have this' was thrown out the door even for our most recent win, the giant oviraptor. We already had an oviraptor, we already have a salamander so why Koolasuchus, we already have scorpions so why bother with Yingi? We already have a frog so what's the point in the lamp frog? The point is, not all frogs, salamanders, scorpions, oviraptors, or anything else has to be the same, they can be entirely different. I know that when WC decides to spice up the poor araneos they are going to be amazing, if they are similar, it's not a bad thing ❤️ 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Since this creature is obviously going to win the contest I just want to put out there that I'd really prefer this to be rideable as opposed to a shoulder pet, I know I've seen some suggestions of it being a shoulder pet but in my opinion that would really be a waste of this creature on a map like Aberration.

32 minutes ago, Arambourgiania said:

Since this creature is obviously going to win the contest I just want to put out there that I'd really prefer this to be rideable as opposed to a shoulder pet, I know I've seen some suggestions of it being a shoulder pet but in my opinion that would really be a waste of this creature on a map like Aberration.

it has a very fair chance of losing with the way the voting system works, especially since it is on the top of the list and it may get hate currently :( 

I feel like at the least if this was that way and didn't become a shoulder pet, the chibi of it being able to sit on your shoulder would be absolutely the cutest thing! Or better yet the babies even, which could be utilized in the way that was asked!!!!

• Like 1