submarine Tylosaurus - The Venomous Speed Submarine

Hatcheri

Suggestion

TYLO_9.pngCommon Name : Tylosaurus
Species : Tylosaurus necrodon
Time : Late Cretaceous
Diet : Carnivorous 
Temperament : Aggressive

Wild: Until recently I thought I had seen all the oceans of the ark had to offer. That was before I came across Tylosaurus necrodon. While in real life Tylosaurus and Mosasaurus were near the same size and rivals, the Tylosaurus of the ark seems to have taken a different approach to things. It is significantly smaller and has a body plan more suited for speed rather than the mosasaurs' brutish size and strength. I have also found some evidence that Tylosaurus seems to have some sort of venom which could be attributed to its close relation to modern day monitor lizards and snakes.

Domesticated: A tamed Tylosaurus is a necessity for any survivors who plan to venture into the depths of the arks oceans. Its sturdy slender body makes it the perfect candidate for a primitive submarine saddle. I've also seen some tribes collect Tylosaurus venom to use as a substitute for narcotics when taming creatures. 

Taming: To tame a Tylosaurus you must show it you are able to handle its speed. It'd be very similar to how you tame Equus and Andrewsarchus where you have to feed it a certain item then wrestle it in a rodeo scenario.

Submarine: The Tylosaurus would have an industrial looking saddle similar to the Andrewsarchus’s. It would fully surround the survivor and provide oxygen that can be replenished by surfacing or beaching the tylo. The saddle would also have 2 propellers that can be powered by gasoline which would allow the tylo to increase its speed even more and build up to a ram attack. 

Venom Tylo’s primary attack will increase Stamina drain, and cause torpor gain based on how much they move and burn Stamina. However the real use of it comes with taming other creatures. Survivors will be able to collect venom and use it as an narcotic version of sanguine elixir where it will automatically fill half of the target's torpor bar. It only works on creatures already knocked out though. Alternatively you can use the venom to make a special type of dart that has the same effects of tylo’s primary bite(stamina drain/torpor gain based on how much they move and burn Stamina) which would be especially useful against flyers.

Raming: In real life Tylosaurus was thought to use its blunt shaped head as a ram to ambush and stun its prey. In game you will be able to charge a strong ram attack while using its saddle's propellers. The more momentum the tylo picks up the more damage the charge does.

20230511_112046.png^ Art By Sophocles 

Edited by Hatcheri
  • Thanks 1

18 replies to this server topic

I’m incredibly surprised this doesn’t have more votes. The venom idea being used for taming or for darts in pvp is excellent. I would like to suggest that the venom debuff do considerable stamina drain and torpor gain. The bite that inflicts venom should be it’s weaker attack, with a base damage of 50, but it’s ram attack should have a maximum damage of 80 at a hefty cost of stamina. It should also inflict stun that immobilizes the target for a few seconds. 

as for the health I think half of the mosas base health seems fair, so base health of 1800. 

this creature deserves more spotlight, rag has a huge ocean so it would be cool to have a good support creature similar to mosa in pvp and it also has utility with taming as well. 

Edited by ElPINGUcubano94

15 minutes ago, ElPINGUcubano94 said:

I’m incredibly surprised this doesn’t have more votes. The venom idea being used for taming or for darts in pvp is excellent. I would like to suggest that the venom debuff do considerable stamina drain and torpor gain. The bite that inflicts venom should be it’s weaker attack, with a base damage of 50, but it’s ram attack should have a maximum damage of 80 at a hefty cost of stamina. It should also inflict stun that immobilizes the target for a few seconds. 

as for the health I think half of the mosas base health seems fair, so base health of 1800. 

this creature deserves more spotlight, rag has a huge ocean so it would be cool to have a good support creature similar to mosa in pvp and it also has utility with taming as well. 

main reason it doesnt have many votes is cause the rag oceans just kinda suck in general. Ill be reposting this for gen 1 and the center where ive seen many other people also preparing aquatic tames and tbh it was always meant for those maps i just wanted to see how itd do in this vote

On 04/06/2023 at 00:32, Hatcheri said:

TYLO_9.pngNome Comum: Tylosaurus
Espécie: Tylosaurus necrodon
Período: Cretáceo Superior
Dieta: Carnívoro 
Temperamento: Agressivo

Wild: Até recentemente eu pensava ter visto tudo o que os oceanos da arca tinham a oferecer. Isso foi antes de eu encontrar Tylosaurus necrodon. Enquanto na vida real o Tylosaurus e o Mosasaurus eram quase do mesmo tamanho e rivais, o Tylosaurus da arca parece ter uma abordagem diferente das coisas. É significativamente menor e tem um plano corporal mais adequado para velocidade do que para o tamanho e força bruta dos mosassauros. Eu também encontrei algumas evidências de que Tylosaurus parece ter algum tipo de veneno que pode ser atribuído à sua estreita relação com lagartos monitores e cobras modernos.

Domesticado: Um Tylosaurus domesticado é uma necessidade para qualquer sobrevivente que planeja se aventurar nas profundezas dos oceanos da arca. Seu corpo esguio e robusto o torna o candidato perfeito para uma sela submarina primitiva. Também vi algumas tribos coletarem veneno de Tylosaurus para usar como substituto de narcóticos ao domesticar criaturas. 

Domar: Para domar um Tylosaurus, você deve mostrar que é capaz de lidar com sua velocidade. Seria muito semelhante a como você doma Equus e Andrewsarchus, onde você tem que alimentá-lo com um determinado item e depois lutar em um cenário de rodeio.

Submarino: O Tylosaurus teria uma sela de aparência industrial semelhante à do Andrewsarchus. Ele envolveria totalmente o sobrevivente e forneceria oxigênio que pode ser reabastecido ao emergir ou encalhar o tylo. A sela também teria 2 hélices que podem ser movidas a gasolina, o que permitiria ao tylo aumentar ainda mais sua velocidade e aumentar para um ataque de aríete. 

O ataque primário de Venom Tylo aumentará o dreno de Stamina e causará ganho de torpor com base em quanto eles se movem e queimam Stamina. No entanto, o uso real disso vem com a domesticação de outras criaturas. Os sobreviventes poderão coletar veneno e usá-lo como uma versão narcótica do elixir sangüíneo, onde preencherá automaticamente metade da barra de torpor do alvo. Só funciona em criaturas já nocauteadas. Alternativamente, você pode usar o veneno para fazer um tipo especial de dardo que tenha os mesmos efeitos da mordida primária de tylo (drenagem de resistência/ganho de torpor com base em quanto eles se movem e queimam resistência), o que seria especialmente útil contra voadores.

Raming: Na vida real, pensava-se que Tylosaurus usava sua cabeça de forma romba como um carneiro para emboscar e atordoar sua presa. No jogo, você poderá carregar um forte ataque de aríete enquanto usa as hélices de sua sela. Quanto mais impulso o tylo recebe, mais dano a carga causa.

20230511_112046.png^ Arte de Sófocles 

THIS IS GENIUS, SOMETHING NOTHOSAURUS FANS WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND