Road Map to single player ASE

kwhite1024

Hello,

I am wondering what players are planning, that are going to take their files to off line, to single player mode. Here's my issue. I have a different toon on  each of my maps( The Island, RagnarokFjordur, Valguero, and Crystal Isles. Each of these maps have a good selection of creatures in cryo.  I assume the transfer to other maps will not work in single player between these diverse maps. Should I consentrate all the dinos on 1 map only or keep them spread out to each map base. I have a 400+ wyvern at least on each map. I know I could spawn in what ever I want but I'm trying to stay as close to the way the game is played now with the exception of decay rates going away. Anyone have any thoughts on their road maps when leaving the official servers in August? Are you still maintaining your bases?

Each of the single player map save directories has a localplayer.arkprofile so you will be able to keep your multiple toons - just rename each one from yourSteamID.arkprofile to localplayer.arkprofile in each of the map directories.

ITO of transfer I am pretty sure you can still use the obelisk to transfer data / dinos across maps - upload from one map, quit to menu, start the other map and download. It is single player so I cant see the game getting its knickers in a knot about "different people" ???

But you can try - in a "vanilla" test run in two single play maps right now ... Then you will know in advance if you need to consolidate or not.

Edited by DirkInSA
  • Thanks 1

In single player you can transfer items between different characters on different maps just fine.  Just upload, close map, open new map, download.  The only difference is that you will not be able to use drops to do uploads/downloads, you will have to use Obelisks/Terminals until you get a transmitter or stryder.  

• Like 1