help me! Deinonychus breeding

Hellcat18

I’m new to stat mutations. But when it comes to deinonychus, do I use the Dododex after I hatch an egg and name it? Or are those base stats inaccurate?  Because technically it’s a tamed animal right? Also, I think I have a bug because all my deinonychus wild eggs are hatching with over 1000% melee damage. so here are my questions. Deinonychus are different than normal dinos, so how do I go about knowing whether it has a very high value in a category for stat mutating? And why are my wild eggs hatching with over 1000% melee damage? It’s making Dododex bug out. I followed SeaShellsGaming breeding guide on YT, I’mgoing for SUPER MAX lvl deinonychus. TYIA! 

I’m new to stat mutations. But when it comes to deinonychus, do I use the Dododex after I hatch an egg and name it? Or are those base stats inaccurate?  Because technically it’s a tamed animal right? Also, I think I have a bug because all my deinonychus wild eggs are hatching with over 1000% melee damage. so here are my questions. Deinonychus are different than normal dinos, so how do I go about knowing whether it has a very high value in a category for stat mutating? And why are my wild eggs hatching with over 1000% melee damage? It’s making Dododex bug out. 

dododex doesn't work for after taming.  There is a different program we use called ark smart breeding.  That allows us to export directly from the game on PC into the program.  It can be pictured and put in as well that way.

There's a couple reasons that could boost the melee up so high.  One being you have it set to single player and not official settings.  That gives you a boost to HP/ melee.   Also, you can tweek how well a stat works for each point in the stat.  If you adjusted these settings and maybe taming effectiveness if that is possible, then that's another way you could have boosted your melee % up so high for each egg.

10 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

One being you have it set to single player and not official settings

Not a damn will that come out to 1000 + % damage.

But yeah I think OP has fiddled with "rates" somewhere.

@Hellcat18 You say WILD harvested eggs are coming in at 1000+. I would agree that this is kinda equivalent to a real wild tame (no breeding involved). So your .ini settings are screwed somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellcat18 said:

I’m on Xbox console, is there anyway to find out if a deinonychus stat is considered high? Like how am I supposed to breed high stat deino? 

A deino has a very limited starting melee on standard settings.   SInce no egg is over level 150 in the wild, that means it has 149 points split between 7 stats.  That puts the average amount of points per stat at 21 points.

21 point melee on a deino would be 249.3% .    If you found an amazing egg with 30 points in the melee stat, it would be 302.2% melee.  For the boss fights, the melee caps at 600%.  That means the bleed power does nothing over that value in the boss fights.  1000% would be over kill to run bosses.  That means breeding for mutations is pointless on melee for you.  Health would be the stat you would want to work up.

Your question tells us you probably need to watch a video or read up some more.   DO a youtube search.   Don't watch any hour long videos, I'd stick to the 10minutes or less.   Unless there's a really good video, nothing should be longer than 10 minutes to explain ark mechanics.

Edited by GrumpyBear
  • Like 1