Disable Mating on Official Maps in ASA and Ark 2

MisterMertz

Suggestion

All ASE official maps are crowded and overloaded with dinos and super structures for massive dino breeding. Don't let ASA or ARK 2 get to the same state. 

Disabling mating is a legitimate way to control the dino population, maintain the game challenge vs breeding creating super dinos, force new players to play the game and tame vs receiving/buying super dinos on day 1, make the wider range of native dinos more valuable since dinos will all stay closer to their original stat range. If someone wants 40 dinos they only need to tame 2 then mate them, but this way they will have to find, tame, and actually play the game to have that many dinos. 

Unofficial maps have great controls to prevent overpopulation and server lag, this is missing on official maps. 

3 replies to this server topic

I think completely disabling breedig is a bit too much. I can see where you are coming from, but no breeding at all takes away a little too much from the games progression line, and from those who enjoy breeding (for some reason). In my opinion, a limitation for breeding is better (as i suggested myself here https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/687182-breeding-rework-for-asa/).

Archived