Lowest quality version

PerfectPlayer

Suggestion

Why devs dont give choose to download low or high quality version of ARK. WarThunder have lowest quality version which needs 13,5 GB and highest quality version which needs 93,5 GB. Its big difference. Many players still playing in 1080p Why then downloading 4K textures effects and all stuff in 4K res. ARK needs 300 GB with all DLC. But lowest quality version would take less than 100 GB probably. And without DLC size could be less than 50GB. And this is big reason to install this game on SSD and wait less for map loading and be more happy and playing more in ARK. I guess now many players are not downloading ARK only because of GB size.

1 reply to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, PerfectPlayer said:

Why devs dont give choose to download low or high quality version of ARK. WarThunder have lowest quality version which needs 13,5 GB and highest quality version which needs 93,5 GB. Its big difference. Many players still playing in 1080p Why then downloading 4K textures effects and all stuff in 4K res. ARK needs 300 GB with all DLC. But lowest quality version would take less than 100 GB probably. And without DLC size could be less than 50GB. And this is big reason to install this game on SSD and wait less for map loading and be more happy and playing more in ARK. I guess now many players are not downloading ARK only because of GB size.

What I always wondered is why the SM4 files are shipped to everyone by default as opposed to be shipped as an optional DLC. They take up about ~20% of the installation size and are useless for [I would assume] the majority of players unless they want to play on their smart fridge or something.

Archived