question I have a question about Breeding / levels

Spenkyman01

Hello Survivors,

I am new to breeding and have been learning myself for the last 2a4 days but I have one thing that confuses me and that has to do with when i am watching a videos about breeding i notice that the dinos that are being used to breed with all have to same level while mine are mixed levels that have a wild level between 140 and 150.

Does this make any differents our not and if so how can I make sure the mixed dinos all going to have the same level.

Thanks,
Spenkyman01

each animals level is a combination of the points in each stat +1.   A level 1 dino has zero points in every stat.   

A level 20 dino probably looks like 2-health , 3-stam , 5-oxygen , 2-food , 1-weight, 2-melee , 4-runspeed.

A different  level 20 dino

might look like  1-health , 4-stam , 4-oxygen , 5-food , 2-weight, 1-melee , 2-runspeed.

You mate these together, you will get all sorts of possible combinations making that level # never match or sometimes match, with totally different stats.

The only way to get consistent level #s and stats, is to breed the stats together that you want onto one, then breed until that duplicates completely onto the opposite gender.

15 hours ago, Spenkyman01 said:

Hello Survivors, I am new to breeding and have been learning myself for the last 2a4 days but I have one thing that confuses me and that has to do with when i am watching a videos about breeding i notice that the dinos that are being used to breed with all have to same level while mine are mixed levels that have a wild level between 140 and 150. Does this make any differents our not and if so how can I make sure the mixed dinos all going to have the same level. Thanks, Spenkyman01

The best way to breed is to take two wilds, they will have differences in stats, find which one you want the stats from or in some cases, breed them together and try to get an offspring with the best stats from both parents.

Once you have a baby with the best stats, you want to replace the parent of the same sex with the new baby and then you want to breed it untill you can replace the other parent. This will give you the first line of breeders that you either work mutations from, or to build your boss army. 

Because of this method, the levels of the breeders are typically the exact same level. This way you can keep an eye on stats that should allways be the same in future offspring, and if there is a level change, its because the offspring will have a mutation. Simply check that offspring's stats and double check the parents to see where the mutation fell into

Archived