Why pvp is so agressive

RexMegaHEX

So i recently switched to pve cause players in pvp are very agressive.

Now i belive most of us went through this, so, to any pvp players out there: why are you so agressive? I really want to know cause at the second i send a message at least three id..ts start insulting me for nothing, not to mention that "alphas" (not much of an alpha when bullying bobs but okay) show up and start killing, bullying, you get the point.

I know the concept of pvp is fun, but we made it annoying.

Now im not saying that every server is this way.

I highly recommend switching to pve, they have stores and everything.

So to any pvp fighters and "alphas" out there answer me this question  "why are you like that".

6 minutes ago, RexMegaHEX said:

Now i belive most of us went through this, so, to any pvp players out there: why are you so agressive?

Because that's the way the game is designed.

PvP in this game is fully destructive, and in every fully destructive game people are much more aggressive because they have more to lose. If you play any other fully destructive PvP games you will see the same pattern.

I really want to know cause at the second i send a message at least three id..ts start insulting me for nothing

There's a difference between trash talk and true aggression, you're mixing two different things together here. Go play PvP in any game and you'll see lots of "it..ts" trash talking. Compared to many "standard" PvP games the level of trash talk in ARK is actually pretty mild, and the reason for that is that trash talk in ARK can actually get you trashed, whereas in other PvP games there are zero consequences for trash talk. You may have felt that people were being hard on you, and maybe they were, but overall the amount of harsh talk and trash talk on PvP servers in ARK is less than most PvP games.

not to mention that "alphas" (not much of an alpha when bullying bobs but okay) show up and start killing, bullying, you get the point.

If you ever reach the point where you're a member of an alpha tribe you'll understand this. There are lots of good, skilled, clever, sneaky people playing this game and as a result the alpha tribes have to constantly be on the lookout for anyone that might be trying to take them down. It's like playing a game of "king of the hill" but if someone knocks you off the top they also break your leg and destroy your home, there are serious consequences for any alpha tribe that fails to maintain dominance at all times. Even when they don't enjoy it, it's necessary because, again, it's how the game is designed. Don't blame the players for the game design.

This is the misconception that you need to get past. WildCard made it annoying, it's simply how PvP works in this game. There are times when you can use diplomacy to maintain peace with others on a PvP server, but you always have to understand that the peace is never permanent and could come crashing down at any time.

That's a valid choice, everyone should play the game in whatever mode they enjoy the most (PvP, PvE, Official, Unofficial, small tribes, single-player...), there are so many different ways to play this game that you should play how you want, just don't expect PvP to change because it's not the players that created that environment.

So to any pvp fighters and "alphas" out there answer me this question  "why are you like that".

Obviously some people like that type of environment, some people enjoy that level of competition and they like that there are greater consequences if they should fail. If you don't that's okay, but don't blame other people for enjoying the game differently than you do. Personally, I don't like ARK's version of PvP either, but as long as people play honestly, without cheating, there's nothing wrong with people enjoying ARK's version of PvP.

2 hours ago, RexMegaHEX said:

So i recently switched to pve cause players in pvp are very agressive.

Now i belive most of us went through this, so, to any pvp players out there: why are you so agressive? I really want to know cause at the second i send a message at least three id..ts start insulting me for nothing, not to mention that "alphas" (not much of an alpha when bullying bobs but okay) show up and start killing, bullying, you get the point.

Now im not saying that every server is this way.

Welcome to the team!

I had my fair share of PvP and it was both fun and a blast! Done single player surviving against all odds and worked with mid & large/Alpha alliances to take over servers. 

Ark was originally built with an overly punitive and highly competitive design, meaning you essentially restart every day unless you were part of a large alliance with sufficient people in different time zones. It was only later that a huge section of creative / builder players was recognized by Wildcard. The game is so open ended, it was a natural outcome to expand the audience.

If you are in PvP, there is a need to act aggressively to survive, it's not a place for softness or mercy or else you risk your progress if you choose poorly whom to save or spare. 

With that said, I found my passion and fun playing on a PvP private server (it did become "PvE" with established occasional wars). It started with friends but nowadays it's mostly me, yet I still find the fun in it all. Playing in a "controlled" environment assured me much needed progress and allowed me to balance my personal life in a healthy way that the game out of the box, simply does not permit. 

Ark is fun in many forms and thankfully each player is not locked in into a specific game mode. Its open and "moddable" nature creates so many possibilities, even balancing to your preference if needed. 

Don't worry, I am sure you will find that which feels best to you. Also, don't outright discard Single player either, it has some adjustments for individuals so the game is less of a grind. I still prefer the servers however, occasionally a friend does stop by, so its good to have that option.

Thanks for sharing & cheers!

Archived