Max personal tamed Dinos (Windows Store Version)

Hi,

I have a Dedicated Server, we have Lost Island map at the moment.

We just went to put a dino from a cryopod out and we get across the top of the screen:
Max personal tamed dinos.

I noticed in https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Server_configuration
MaxPersonalTamedDinos=Number

1) Where do I put that command and is there anything else I need to change?

I found in: AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38\LocalState\Saved\UWPConfig\UWP
game.ini
gameusersettings.ini

2) The ini files, is this where I change it?

3) I added MaxPersonalTamedDinos=1000 in gameusersettings.ini in Server Settings Section(took a copy before I changed anything, loaded the game up but error still happens when bringing dino out of cryopod)

Hopefully someone can help with this :)

Thanks for your help.
Cheers

Will

5 hours ago, Larkfields said:

You have to stop the server, then edit the file, then restart the server.
The server doesn't dynamically read the ini files.

Hi Larkfields,

Thank you for your reply. Server was stopped before adding the value to the gameusersettings.ini.

Do I need to add something to game.ini or another ini also to make it work?

What is the path to your save files?

Map save file is:
C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38\LocalState\Saved\Maps\LostIsland\LostIslandSavedArks

Please remember this is a Windows Store Launcher as we have xbox players also.
Thank you for your replies, I have sent ticket also to follow up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running a dedicated server on Windows 10 and playing on it from my XBox for almost 2 years now.  Unfortunately, MaxPersonalTamedDinos is not a supported option on the Windows 10 store version.  You can set the value to whatever you want and it won't matter (actually I have never tried to reduce the limit, but you can't increase the limit).

The limit is shared per tribe, so you can have everyone in their own tribe and create alliances to get more per person.  But that is a pain because you can't really help each other and work together like you can when you are in the same tribe.  (whistle tames, open tame inventory, etc.)

The only other option (which we use) is to control your tame numbers with cryo-pods.  I have not found a limit to the number of tames you can have in cryo-pods. So, cryo everything you are not using.

When you hit the limit you will not be able to un-cryo a dino, imprint a dino and you will not be able to hatch eggs.  Lost some good eggs that way :(

Archived